I Cheat In My Sleep!

keto
science
sleep
craving

(Tressa M Bocskey) #1

I started the ketogenic diet in June 2016. I went hardcore and never looked back. As I became more educated on the subject, I dove in deeper and started toward a more carnivore WOE. I felt fantastic. Better than I did in my 20s. I am in my 40s now. I worked out hard, and ate real food as fuel.
Then I started having a hard time sleeping (I know this is totally mental), and that turned into night eating. And you guessed it…that turned into night-time carb eating. I am fully aware of what I am doing, but can’t stop. I fully anticipate it prior to bedtime, so I started supplements. L-theanine, 5-htp, scullcap, etc. They seemed to work a little, but it was short-term.

I love this way of life. I feel my best with this woe. Believe it or not, I feel in control of my health and life, except for this setback. I having been struggling with this on my own for about six months.

Now, I am looking for words of wisdom, for similar stories, sage advice or even a hack to get me through this night-time craziness.

Thanks so much in advance!

:policeman:Your half way there by admitting you have this powerful addiction. Hey, your normal!
But when you say you “cant stop”, that is just your feeling “in the now”.
I’m not allowed to hand-cuff you to your bed post, so you will have to try your best to convert over to your new fuel source, which of coarse… is fat.
You can do this, and keep us posted of your progression!

(Sophie) #3

This too shall pass. KCKO

Can you get all the carby foods out of the house so you won’t have them available to eat at night?

(Tressa M Bocskey) #5

If only the carbs eaters in my house agreed.

(Tressa M Bocskey) #6

You are right. Thanks

(Raj Seth) #7

Well - a little off the grid - how about you overindulge in fatty keto food just before bedtime. I mean really - eat past satiety - maybe the equivalent of 5-10 strips of bacon extra. Then, you may be so over-satiated (is that even possible - language wise?) that the thought of having that nocturnal carb indulgence may make you nauseous.
Once you can do that for a short while, you may have broken the habit…

I couldn’t have said that any better myself.

(Tressa M Bocskey) #9

It’s worth a try to break this vicious cycle. Thanks

(Empress of the Unexpected) #10

5 to 10 strips is overindulging? :rofl::rofl:

(Raj Seth) #11

5-10 strips extra
If I have a hotel AYCE buffet breakfast, I have a few plates of crispy bacon - probably 20-40 strips. Nothing else, but then whats better than bacon?

I bet a pig would say one slice is overindulging! :stuck_out_tongue: :pig:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #13

We go to breakfast at a place where one order is two strips. The waitress is used to me ordering five servings, but you should have seen her face the first time!

(Raj Seth) #14

that must get expen$$ive real fast.
Bacon in my household:

That is 3 pounds (1.36 kilos) of Costco thick sliced bacon. I rolled each slice and put a toothpick through it. loaded it all into a 12" cast iron skillet. added a quart of bacon grease from my previous 8 lb bacon cook. cooked on low for 1 hour.
MMM MMMM delish!!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #15

We eat out less now, as my bacon appetite has spiraled out of control.

Only because the pig is trying to save its offspring.:smirk:

(Sophie) #17

Fuckin Epic! :+1:

Bacon Bombs. Nice!

(Ellen) #19

Daaaammmn I’m drooling over that pic.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #20

Costco has terrific bacon.