I broke the first rule of fasting!

(Mary 🌹 ) #81

Wow…That’s amazing…I can’t even get one yet.

(James storie) #82

Eventually people will take notice that you are looking much better and haven’t died yet! :laughing:

(Mary 🌹 ) #83

Oh…maybe Your right…I have never felt better!:+1::wink:

Utter newb to the forum but I immediately stumble upon a pupper thread…

Also, starting a 36-48h fast tomorrow. If I make it past 36 it’ll be my longest yet.

(Arlene) #85

I love those wolfhounds. They are the sweetest giants.

(Dustin Cade) #86

I’ve been wanting to fast but my body has not been having it… So I eat… I figure when my body wants to fast again I will, I’ve had a 25 hour fast since my last 72 hour fast…

(Faye ) #87

Great work Guys! I have been on a keto diet for a short time while now. Lost many calories.

(Ellie Green) #88

Keto has the same rule, doesn’t it? Im getting to where I don’t even want to eat around people because of the strange looks I get. Oh, well.

(Jeremy Storie) #89

Be proud! They are the weirdos :joy:

(KCKO, KCFO) #90

Yeah, I never mention my WOE or fasting unless someone specifically asks me about it. Lately that has been happening. I use a soft line approach, tell them " I eat low carb, healthy fats, and I fast from time to time."
Most people think a fast is about 12 hrs. so I don’t mention mine are anywhere from 24hr. to 5 days.

People get the deer in the headlights eyes when you say something like “stop the sugar, starchy carbs, say good by to pasta, rice, bread.” So I don’t startle them. :innocent:

(Vanessa Pruitt) #91

It’s so true. I even got chewed out in a keto facebook group for mentioning that I “could go a couple of days without eating”. I got, “nobody should go a couple of days without eating”. I tried to inform them about fasting but I am pretty sure it ended with them rolling their eyes. And I tried to mention it to a couple of people I have dated and they were not pleased with me. :confused:

(Khara) #92

@KetoLikeaLady OK, I just ran across this thread. An instagram for your dog - I love it! What a cutie pie.

(KCKO, KCFO) #93

So if you die when you don’t eat for a day, all of us who fast are ketozombies ?:joy:

(Mary 🌹 ) #94

Yes…I am finding that out…It is uncomfortable and makes me a “victim of gossip”!

(Sophie) #95

Whenever I hear about how I’m going to die if I don’t eat or it’s bad for me, I just mention how funny it is that Doctors will tell you NOT to have any food or liquids after midnight if you are due some procedure or blood work the following day regardless of what time it’s actually scheduled for. Shuts 'em up pretty fast. :smile:

(Cathrine Helle) #96

Media and people have been feeding us (pun intended) this lie for so long that it’s become unquestionable to challenge this. I find it baffling, but must admit that it wasn’t that long ago that I associated not eating with having an eating disorder of some kind. Now I’m eating (haha) my words :smile:

(jaime) #97

Your doggie is adorable.

i broke the first rule of fasting too. i didn’t believe that my friends would react that way. oopps guess i was wrong. The concerned looks were the most interesting part for me.

You look great, congratulations!

(Candy Lind) #98

I :sparkling_heart: labradoodles!

(What The Fast?!) #99

He’s a Goldendoodle but they are veeeeery similar to labradoodles…just a bit lazier. :slight_smile:

(Dustin Cade) #100

I’m 6 days into my first 7 day fast, what the safest way to break a 7 day fast? I’m primarily meat and eggs…