I am THEEEE WORST KETONIAN (trigger warning)

(Mother of Puppies ) #41
  • So glad that I brought this up with you guys. I felt an unfamiliar feeling this weekend… Self-control.

• Haven’t been hungry since two avocado day

• feel like I may be able to quit artificial sweeteners!!!

(7d8230246c93d91200db) #42

I read this and think “if i only lived alone!”

(Jennibc) #43

My KitchenAid mixer works great for fat head dough! (just in case the store won’t take it back)

(Jennibc) #44

Costco has frozen organic strawberries. Every night take a few out and let them thaw in the fridge for the next day. We are all about the Costco frozen fruit in this house!

(Mother of Puppies ) #45

Thank you guys, SO MUCH!!!

Still going strong.

I really needed this input.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #46

Much like someone who’s quit smoking tobacco who thinks, “maybe I can have one occasionally”, but occasionally turns into one a day then two and at the end of the week, it’s just one pack a day😕. I could never quit smoking when I tried to cut down, cold turkey was the only way.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #47

And I have heard of ladies who carry a bag of cooked bacon in their purse for such occasions!:bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::bacon::yum:

(Mother of Puppies ) #48

Today is the day. It finally happened. My coworker went out of her way to buy “us” a each huge breakfast danish. I have already had a cinnamon keto mug cake and a bacon avocado omelette for breakfast.

I expected this type of passive aggressive (maybe it’s subconscious) incident when I stopped accepting food offerings. So, now she’s going to have to eat two danishes all by herself.

#ketoWinning
#WootWoot

Thanks, you guys.

(John) #49

Be aware of a true risk of others trying to sabotage your success, whether consciously or not. Sometimes the success of others is threatening.

If you go from being significantly overweight to being relatively fit, it changes others’ perceptions of you (whether or not anything else about you has changed). This can cause issues in your existing social or organizational structure.

It’s almost like a plotline from typical high-school themed movies. The “ugly” girl takes off her glasses, changes hairstyles, and starts wearing makeup, and all of a sudden she gets to sit at the “A-list” table and her old “geek table” friends get jealous and treat her like she abandoned them.

It’s an over-used cliche in those movies, but it has some basis in real life, especially in office politics in some places. For good or bad, people often judge others primarily by appearance. The old “dress for success” or “dress for the job you want to have” idea, which also applies to your appearance.

It’s something to be aware of. In some cases it may be something that you actively desire to have happen. But if you aren’t expecting it, it can be a bit of a shock. Ideally your friends are true friends and would he happy for your improved health and success. Co-workers are often just acquaintances and not necessarily true friends.

(Running from stupidity) #50

:metal::metal::metal::metal::metal:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #51

Good for you! How are things?

(Mother of Puppies ) #52

Still going well. Was good all week, diverged slightly yesterday (an [spoiler]apple[/spoiler], a [spoiler]“lightly sweetened” tea[/spoiler]) but still in ketosis.

ETA- These were due to 1) not carrying salt with me and 2) not being at satiety before going to a trigger location, so better behavior can come from this. :slightly_smiling_face:

(hottie turned hag) #53

sorry to post to an old thread but this exchange has me dying :rofl:
#R.I.P. :skull_and_crossbones:

I’d never seen this one. Thanks for resurrecting it. :smile: