I am mean!

(M C) #21

Like many others said it will pass. When I first started I was so hungry, I would have happily eaten shoe leather. I was hungry no matter how much I ate. It lasted about a week and a half. Thankfully I don’t battle the sugar demon but boy does my husband. He is also a ball of stress and a snacker. You will be fine. Keep calm and keto on. Remind your lovely family that you are not going crazy and to try to be patient with you. You will get there!

It does get easier once you are fat adapted. I promise.

Whenever I want a quick sweet this is my go to recipe (though I must admit I can never keep it in the fridge overnight, I just portion and eat!)

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #22

This looks great!
I made a dessert for my husband tonight (I’m fasting), didn’t measure, but “eyeballing it” may be about like this:

• 2 T sour cream
    *2 T cream cheese
    *1 egg white
    *1/4 t vanilla
    *Sweetener of choice
    *5-8 fresh raspberries
    Blend well first 2 ings. well and add *sweetener,
    Next: Mash *raspberries into creamed mixture.
    Beat *egg white until stiff peaks form and fold into creamed mixture.
    Spoon into one large or two smaller dishes and freeze for about 30 minutes, move to fridge and serve when you’re ready. I also included a half square of very dark chocolate as a garnish, I didn’t bother to shave it, but that would be nice I think.
    My husband loved it! Too many raspberries for me I think w/ keto, but I may give it a try in a day or two :wink:

(Cody) #24

Chocolate covered bacon? I think I’m in love! I need to research this immediately!

(Arlene) #25

If I feel the need for something sweet, most times I just put a heaping tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder in a large mug, then add about 1/8 tsp. stevia powder, a few tablespoons of HWC and fill the mug with boiling water. Voila, hot cocoa. Hits the spot every time.