swollen by biscuits and jelly.
No sugar, no starch
from August to March.
I’m thin but my pee is real smelly.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #1298

What a lovely poem :joy:

Fancy bologna is waiting at the section I call deli

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1300

Limericks @CarlKeller? But you’re so much better with the puns, a much more refined and sophisticated variety of humor. :grin:

:cowboy_hat_face:

('Jackie P') #1301

That is so wonderfully ridiculous! I love it!:blush::slight_smile::joy::rofl::laughing:
Having said that - what’s with the smelly pee? Not like a keto crotch thing is it ?
Asparagus piss?

(Carl Keller) #1302

It’s the acetone in excess ketones. My pee never had an odor that I noticed prior to LCHF but it’s been my restroom signiature ever since.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1303

I mostly notice this first thing in the morning or when I haven’t been hydrating enough. Dark yellow smelly urine is a sign that you’re not drinking enough water. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Diane) #1304

I also notice I get smelly urine (and breath) when I’m on an extended fast and my blood ketone levels get really high.

(Carl Keller) #1305

I noticed my urine is darker when i don’t drink enough but I can still smell the acetone when I am properly hydrated. I’ve always had a very keen sense of smell though.

Mine is smellier in the morning than it is during the day… in accordance with higher demand for ketones. :slight_smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1306

Isn’t it kind of humorous that people who blood test for ketones find low levels in their blood early in the morning with rising levels as the day goes on. I guess the ketones aren’t used much during rest periods and they flush out in the morning urine. While people who urine test in the morning think they’re in a high state of ketosis early and wonder what the hell happened when they test later in the day and they’re low on ketones. :grin::joy::cowboy_hat_face:

(Carl Keller) #1307

I suppose part of the reason is we are less inclined to “hold it” during the day but at night and during sleep, we tend to store more for longer. So while I am using less ketones at night, I tend to pee twice as long when I wake up. Some of that waste was surely produced before I went to sleep.

('Jackie P') #1308

I gotcha!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1310

In for a penny, in for a pound. :grin:

(Carl Keller) #1311

Food package fails:

(Empress of the Unexpected) #1312

Special snowflake here - my urine ketones have always been indicators of my blood ketones. Which I don’t understand. Nothing on the blood monitor or pee strip in the morning - loads of activity on both in the afternoon. How can I be wasting and using at the same time?

(KCKO, KCFO) #1313

(Full Metal KETO AF) #1314

Rebel :cowboy_hat_face:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #1316