Humor :-)

(Susan) #763

When my granddaughter was about 14 months old, she held a childrens’ domino up to her ear and babbled into it. It was her cell phone.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #764

(Stickin' with mammoth) #765

That’s sick. I laughed my ass off.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #766

“Face it, girls, I’m older and I have more insurance.”

Classic. Great movie and great book.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #768

Towanda!

We need more stories of wife-beating Klansmen getting killed and served up in a BBQ to the police investigating the murder.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #770

Took me a second to get that one.

My husband and I own a mini…our roads are pretty bad (some are old, others are re-done badly (gotta put some money into people’s pockets), we’re a transit country(lots of trucks), etc) and I first have to apogize to my car, then to my body because the car’s suspension is so damn hard, then I curse the roads for increasing the damage to suspension…

(Stickin' with mammoth) #773

Welcome to the Hotel California.

You had one job…

(Stickin' with mammoth) #775

Imagine stumbling in there drunk…

Shouldn’t they both say “down”, then?

(Stickin' with mammoth) #777

That’s true, especially without wine.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #778

How to keep the cat downstairs…

(Little Miss Scare-All) #779

Seems obvious, yet somehow…

Your right… :wink:

(Stickin' with mammoth) #781

Hell, yeah. Use complete sentences with proper punctuation or I’ll treat you like I treat people who neglect their houseplants and use their vehicle passenger seat as a malodorous dumpster. I’m a writer, I have needs.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #782

slinks away…

Not that I’m perfect, but I am internally snooty about vocabulary when people are speaking/writing. When someone misuses a word, usually in an effort to sound smarter, I cringe and have to keep myself from correcting them. Sometimes I slip and say, “That’s not the correct usage of that word…”.

Or when people misspeak certain words: Liberry (as in Library), Nukeular (as in Nuclear), Jagwire(as in Jaguar–Euro pronunciation of Jahg-ew-are is what I see as most correct and perfectly acceptible).

Nails on a chalkboard.