Humor :-)

(KCKO, KCFO) #743

Reminds me of the model in the motel scene from “In and Out” with Kevin Cline. Only she couldn’t work a push button phone, that was really funny. When she complained to Matt Damon’s character he told her to go into town and get a some food, “you’re too skinny.” That movie is one of my favorites.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #744

I did. Only contact with the real world when you live on rural property.

Ten years back, I brought a handheld tape recorder to Best Buy and asked if they had audio cassettes for it. After five minutes of explaining to a teen that it wasn’t a VCR, but like a VCR, but not a VCR, he settled into a permanent frown and scurried off to find his manager. Went through the whole speech again with the manager. Not a single employee in that building under 35. Funniest fifteen minutes of the year.

PS: The electronics department of my grocery store knew exactly what I was talking about and just where to find them: Ebay. Still funny.

Thank goodness cassettes and VHSes are finally dead, tho. My nephew will never know the struggle. I went through it for him, along with floppy disks and dial-up. I lived through the Dark Ages so he could enjoy the Renaissance.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #746

Ha, ha! Still, there’s something comforting about the crappy resolution watching Ghostbusters on VHS. Memories.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #747

I think that is why it is funny to me. No one was being mean or complaining. They were just doing an experiment to see how long it took them to figure it out. It was fun.

I remember my Granddad teacing me. Also the preschool toy that was a rotary phone with googely eyes.

(Laura) #748

We learned from watching our parents dial the one phone in our house. The big luxury was an extra long cord, so you could sit at the kitchen table and talk. The other exciting event was getting a private line. There was one person on the party line who would monopolize it and if she wanted to use the line when someone else was using it, she would keep picking up until we cut our calls short.

I think the rotary phone in the kitchen was there up until about 10 years ago. I welcomed my folks into the 80’s at that point. Lol. They have never had an answering machine.

(KCKO, KCFO) #749

(Full Metal KETO AF) #750

Random calls as a toddler :grin: Good times!

(Stickin' with mammoth) #751

(Stickin' with mammoth) #752

A choice was made here.

(Diane) #753

Have a :purple_heart:! (I’m out of likes again)

(Full Metal KETO AF) #754

And a poor one at that! :confused:

(Little Miss Scare-All) #755

(Stickin' with mammoth) #756

The foul line is apparently at issue. Typical.

(Danielle) #758

I just LOL’d and snorted. This made my day.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #759

(Full Metal KETO AF) #760

(Amanda) #761

This scene goes through my head at least twice a day. :heart: