Humor :-)

(KCKO, KCFO) #723

(Lauren) #724

I’m now going to judge the success of ALL my weeks with this criteria!

(Stickin' with mammoth) #726

Hipster peer pressure

(Full Metal KETO AF) #728

No worries there, it wasn’t real cheese, just vegetable oil and some non fat milk solids probably. :wink:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #729

Fair point :wink:

(Alex) #730

restaurant humor :sweat_smile:

(Stickin' with mammoth) #731

Okay, laughed out loud at that one.

(Troy) #732

+1
:joy:

(Stickin' with mammoth) #733

Two 17-year-olds (try to) dial a rotary phone…Is this sad or funny?

(Diane) #734

It is BOTH sad and funny. But mostly funny.

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #735

Can’t stop laughing :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

JFC I haven’t seen one of those things since I had to spend the day at my grandma’s when I was, like, six.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #737

I’d like to see the boys take on a manual typewriter!

It occurs to me that these boys aren’t having trouble because they are stupid—they taught us how to dial a phone in first grade; I didn’t figure it out all by myself.

Well I mean there’s no reason for them to know how to dial one of those things, they’re obsolete, so they’re not stupid. And older gens aren’t allowed to make fun of youth who can’t operate older equipment when they don’t even know how to convert files into PDFs without help :wink:

(Diane) #739

Um, the home where I grew up had one phone on a desk upstairs and another on the wall in the downstairs hallway with an incredibly long cord. They were both rotary phones. We were in a rural area with limited service and had to share a party line with another family. The mom in the other household knew all the good gossip and if you picked up the phone while she was conversing, you might hear anything!

My sister was friends with one of the other household’s daughters and they could finagle a conference call by timing it carefully. My sister would call one of their other friends and the other girl on the party line would pick up.

Now I’m feeling pretty old.

(Laurie) #740

These guys are like me trying to use my smartphone, except they aren’t whining.

(Heather Meyer) #741

Damn straight!

(Central Florida Bob ) #742

I vote neither sad nor funny. They seemed to do pretty well with the little help they got.

There’s no reason to think anyone should know how to use a dial phone. Like @PaulL said, we learned somewhere along the way. First grade, before then, or something.

Assuming they should know what to do with a dial phone is like saying we should all know how to do (something or other) from the early 1900s that hasn’t been used in lots of years, just because those folks used it.