Humor :-)

(Stickin' with mammoth) #2541

(Stickin' with mammoth) #2542

(Robin) #2543

You finally stumped me. I hate to ask for an explanation of a joke, but I can’t get there… I see the dust coming down on man’s head, I see the cat peeking around the corner.
I give.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2544

It’s humour from the New Yorker magazine. It’s an acquired taste. The cartoonist is a favourite of the magazine’s readers.

My favourite of his is the one where she’s brought the car in for repair, and the mechanic is interpreting one of the dogs’ twitches and scratches as diagnostics of the problems with the car. (I told you it was an acquired taste!)

(Robin) #2545

Yeah, I usually love these and ‘get it’.
I like quirky etc. Just baffled with this one.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #2546

George Booth has been my favorite cartoonist since I was nine years old. Charles Addams comes a close second. I was reading The New Yorker when all my friends were reading The Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew. They didn’t get it, either.

My mom’s favorite was “Aphids on the heliotrope!” I favored the ones with cats or the guy in the tub.

you’re in good company, I ain’t got a clue on it either. It shows nothing about why she would say that line in that sketch LOL

937f3092a6fe225dbc586d9755a942fa

(Stickin' with mammoth) #2549

And B.C. was one of my other favorites. ZOT!

(Stickin' with mammoth) #2550

Challenge accepted.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2551

If I’ve learned anything from these forums, it’s these two important facts: (1) Coffee is bad on a ketogenic diet, because it inhibits ketosis; and (2) coffee is excellent on a ketogenic diet, because it stimulates ketosis.

You’re welcome.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #2552

What the–? Never heard that one before. Does it depend on how many gallons, or–?

All I know is that, without coffee, my ketogenic journey would have taken a lot longer because incarceration for murder is a real set back in achieving life goals.

You’re welcome.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2553

I just sip my coffee and don’t worry 'bout it either way. :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

(Stickin' with mammoth) #2554

Dr. Oz wasn’t the first.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #2555

(Robin) #2556

@PaulL obviously hasn’t hit the break room yet.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #2557

Yeah. And I’m hoping there are another two or three signs up, as well! :bacon::bacon::bacon:

(Stickin' with mammoth) #2558

When your friend tryin’ take your last piece of bacon…

(Stickin' with mammoth) #2559

Still have one obnoxious family member giving you crap for going keto? There’s a holiday comin’ up for that…

(Stickin' with mammoth) #2560