How to Fertilize Your Microbiome: Restore is Nobel Prize Worthy

science

(Bunny) #1

Dr. Darren Schmidt gives a really good insight about ROS and how antioxidants and glutathione really work together to truly detox the body! Very in-depth and eye opening!

How to Fertilize Your Microbiome: Restore is Nobel Prize Worthy

(Karen) #2

68% % of reviews are 5 stars on amazon. Pretty high over all ranking 4 stars. $30 for 2 week supply.

Wonder if this is necessary in keto? Musing…

K

(Bob M) #3

Until there’s a randomized controlled trial done on human beings, I wouldn’t waste the money. The only think I think is known to provide a benefit is a fecal transplant. Right now, this seems to only have test tube data:

http://blog.restore4life.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Protective-Glyphosate-Journal-Article.pdf

(Karen) #4

I am purchasing some. 8 oz. N=1, let you know. Been concerned about my microbiome.

K

(Carpe salata!) #5

EF then using a macrobiotic might do the same. Maybe just the fasting.

We need controlled randomized trials for this [spoiler]shit ! :slight_smile: [/spoiler]

(Karen) #6

N=1 the 8 oz bottle of restore arrived…

Day one: the diarrhea woke me up. Not Strong but had pain.Thought it might be caused by a poor diet choice.

Day two: made it to morning, but had diarrhea and urgency. I have a 48 hour transit time so not diet choice. Will report back on day three tomorrow.

K

(Ken) #7

I’m naturally skeptical about taking nutritional advice from people who look malnourished and ill.

(Bunny) #8

Beauty is always in the eyes of the beholder!

Always shoot the messenger if all else fails!

Maybe you could ask Dr. Schmidt for a copy of his blood blood work and body scans?

(Karen) #9

Day three of my supplementation with the restore. Today my gut was not as Squirrley. Additionally the gas issue Has evened out. Course today I’m actually fasting so perhaps it’s just hard to tell. I’ll keep trying it for a few more days let’s see how it goes. FYI the liquid has no taste as far as I can tail. It’s supposed have a lot of sediment but I’ve shaken it up and there’s just nothing there

(Ken) #10

No doubt body detoxification was a big topic during the Paleolithic Era.

Not that I don’t find your posts interesting. You’re kinda becoming the “Dr. Mercola” of this board.

(Bunny) #11

Get in line, I have been accused of being Dr. Rhonda Patrick to name a few! :rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

(Ken) #12

I’ve been making and eating a lot of Kimchi lately. It has improved my already Champion grade bowel movements.

(Karen) #13

Kimchi is supposed to be excellent. I’m a lightweight when it comes to spicy though. I do have some natural sauerkraut in the refrigerator. I have a fork full every now and then.

(Omar) #14

when I drink camel milk or goat milk I get diarrhoea which I assumed to be the by product of restoring the good bacteria. It only occurs on the first day. Second ingestion no diarrhoea because the bacteria already established.

If I spend few months without ingesting any camel milk I think they die off again because If I drink camel milk again I get diarrhoea.

In short diarrhoea is an indication of establishing new gut flora.

just my observation no science or referance.

(Karen) #15

I think you’re correct. I think I had some sort of die off. Because my tummy seems to have settled out. We don’t have camels hear that you we could get milk from. Do you buy in a store or do you have your own camels.?

(Omar) #16

I go to the city peripheral. There are camel herders on the side of the road they sell camel milk.

(Bunny) #17

Would love to try camel milk, sounds good!

(Karen) #18

Interestingly I finished the entire bottle of Restore. Other than some G.I. upset when I first started taking it I don’t see that it’s done anything at all. It wasn’t terribly expensive but it wasn’t worth Buying anyway. I’m always disappointed that none of these Supplements or miracle liquids seem to do anything. Interesting though to try it, I’ll save everyone the trouble… I can safely say it doesn’t do a dang thing.

(Bunny) #19

This is not something your going to feel, you can get the same-thing from bone broth[1] and other foods high in glutathione[1]. I never intended anyone to buy the product he was offering, but he does have the right idea about the science, behind glutathione. I often wonder just how deficient people really are in organic sulfur[1] and how people who are drinking water that smells like rotten eggs (rich in organic sulfur) always look younger[2] (than their actual age) than people who have no organic sulfur but inorganic sulfur in their diet? Organic sulfur is as harmless as water; you cannot OD on it even if you are allergic to inorganic sulfur; it does not cause an allergic reaction. Deficiency in glutathione also attest to how easily the liver is damaged without it e.g. fatty liver etc…

Footnotes:

[1] “… Glutathione is one of the body’s most important and potent antioxidants. Antioxidants are substances that reduce oxidative stress by combating free radicals in the body. While most antioxidants are found in the foods you eat, glutathione is produced by your body. …” “… While most antioxidants are found in the foods you eat, glutathione is produced by your body. It is primarily made up of three amino acids: glutamine, glycine and cysteine. Notably, sulfur is required for the synthesis of glutathione(2). By increasing your intake of selenium, you may help maintain or increase your body’s supply of glutathione. The Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA) for selenium for adults is 55 mcg. This is based on the amount needed to maximize the production of glutathione peroxidase(10). …” …More

[2] “… Without adequate sulphur, glucose metabolism becomes defective. This leads to muscle and fat cell damage as the result of becoming glucose intolerant. Over time, sulphur deficiency can lead to all manner of skeletal and muscle disorders with corresponding pain and inflammation. This impaired glucose metabolism resulting from insufficient sulphur is also implicated as a factor in obesity and the dangerous condition known as Metabolic Syndrome. This occurs because one way the body compensates for defective glucose metabolism is by gaining weight. When sulphur deficiency occurs within the context of a lowfat diet, the problem becomes more serious. Additional sources of glucose present in a lowfat diet in the form of carbohydrates are converted to fat. Worse, these lipids are released into the bloodstream as triglycerides to fuel damaged and inflamed muscle cells. …” …More

Personal Note: organic sulfur (carbon-bonded sulfur and ester sulfate) is not the same as inorganic sulfur (sulfate and sulfide) and may interact, operate or activate different pathways in the biochemistry of the body… also might be spelled: sulphur, sulphate and sulphide…

(Running from stupidity) #20

:grin::grin::grin: