How much fat do my eggs absorb?

(Kaiden) #1

Continuing the discussion from Just started and can't seem to get macros in line:

I scramble my eggs, when I don’t hard boil them. I can tolerate steak-and-eggs with your emoji-looking eggs, but I really don’t like them that much.

I sometimes add flax seeds, a teaspoon, to my eggs. I’m easing my way into temporary carnivory, since I’m up 9.1 pounds over my low from March, and I want to reintroduce plant foods slowly, but I’ve changed to collagen powder, so I’m not sure how either substance impact the absorption rate.

Due to Lynch Syndrome (a genetic predisposition towards cancer) and recovering from a 2008 car crash that involved a traumatic brain injury, I want to track my food fairly carefully, and be near therapeutic levels of ketosis (GKI target 3.6).

It’s been a while since I turned to the Google Machine to ask, but last time I didn’t find anything I could turn to. Does anyone know how much bacon grease deep fried scrambled collagen eggs will hold?

I know the answer is “enough,” since I deleted some stuff from My Fitness Pal that I had planned on eating, and ate mindlessly but very, very slowly, because I just wasn’t that interested, although it was delicious.

(Lonnie Hedley) #2

I don’t drain any of my meat fat, so although I’m unable to provide you a % that will bond with your eggs, I can say if you cook your eggs in the grease from your bacon and don’t drain anything you’ll likely get 99%ish of the bacon fat to transfer to the plate/bowl if you vigorously scrape it like I do.