How much butter do you eat?

(Cate ) #1

I feel like my butter intake is too high! How much butter do you eat???

I add a tablespoon to my pan when I am cooking…so not very much anymore.

Maybe a stick a week. But I have other fats I cook with too.

Tablespoon in my scrambled eggs. A little less than a tablespoon in my non-roasted coffee. I don’t have either of those every day typically.

i eat up to 50g a day…i’m not fat adapted yet though, i expect my intake to go down once i am. i eat within a small window of time a day so try to get a lot of fat in then to keep me full until the next day, and butter has been helpful.

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #6

I use it to cook with, some, but I’m not a straight butter eater.

(bulkbiker) #7

Ill have a thin slice dipped in some sea salt while I’m cooking with it… but mostly these days just add it onto my steak once that’s been seared prob about 20g.

(John) #8

Not a lot. I usually try to cook in olive oil but will add some butter to it (like a normal “pat” of butter) sometimes. I put a modest amount on some vegetables for flavor. Some recipes call for it.

Some days none, some days I’m slathering everything in butter. It’s all random.

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #10

Way more in the beginning, a lot less now. Occasionally by the end of day I will have eaten and cooked with half a stick. I do
The eat it straight like a lot of people

(Robert C) #11

Main uses of butter for me are pretty much 2 tablespoons whenever searing a steak (of course, not all absorbed/used), 2 tablespoons for each time cooking sauteed spinach or arugula (almost all absorbed) and 1 tablespoon in a butter coffee (all consumed).

So, a non-fasting day might be 5 tablespoons to an entire 8 tablespoon cube of butter.

(Running from stupidity) #12

Disappointing responses. I was told we all drink cups of liquid butter every day.

Tablespoon of butter on every meal after cooking.

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #14

I’ll get right on that as soon as I’m done fasting.

Lol, that’s what some non-keto-people think!

Tablespoon of butter on 2 meals a day added after cooking. So at least 2 tablespoons a day but sometimes more, depending what/how I cooked.

(Running from stupidity) #17

If only that was the only people saying that :slight_smile:

(Katie) #18

I went through a phase where that was my primary fat. I enjoyed eating slices of it like cheese. I had to stop buying it to control my intake :woman_shrugging:

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #19

Excuse me?!?! I’d rather tell you my age!

#kidsthesedaysnoboundries

(Michelle) #20

When this fast is over I’m so trying that!