How many of you watch calories?

Well I’m not trying to watch my calories, but since the app already shows them I look at it in the end of a day to see how many did I got. And usually I am under my calorie goal, sometimes it’s as it supposed to be.

(Lindsey) #162

How do you manage that? Are just not eating much?

No, I eat a enough. I guess I’m just feel fuller when eating fat instead carbs. Past few days I did not had a lot apetite so I had like 800 calories or less. Today I felt hungry again so I’m slightly over my calorie limit. But I also over my fat limit today. On normal days it is about 100 calories less than needed.

(Jenn of RVA/ESVA) #164

I don’t track as a general rule either but, when I do feel stalled, I will track macros for a few days using MFP. Usually, I will find I am not getting enough fat (and possibly too much protein). When I am eating enough fat, I get full before I am in what would be considered a calorie surplus in CICO terms.

(Blessed with butter ) #165

Hay @juice how you doing with out your wife this week. is it harder or easier?
Are you cooking for yourself or did she make you meals before she left?

(Blessed with butter ) #166

@Happyheart wow awesome job. I did not realize you are sooooooo close!
Great job kiddo!

(Blessed with butter ) #167

Both

(Blessed with butter ) #168

you need to buy 4 then!

(Running from stupidity) #169

Well, I miss her, of course (she might read here, right? :slight_smile:

I fasted the first 3 1/2 days, basically, so that made meal planning easier :joy:

I keep it much simpler when she’s not here, as she’s the one struggling to give up veges. I had B&E for lunch and a steak for dinner yesterday, and I’ll do the same today, and prob again tomorrow, at which point she arrives home. If I decide to go crazy, I might add a chicken sausage to lunch. I’m extremely boring, really :metal:

(Blessed with butter ) #170

I kept a journal for the first month , now I do not, I am thinking about going back to journal just to see what is working best for me, but when you are in the first few weeks/months you are learning what to eat, and probably losing the most weight, so its hard to decide what is working and what is not. I still do not know if I am fat adapted, most the time when in ketosis I have a really sweet taste in my mouth. I am down about 16 pounds, it was 20 but I some how gained 4 back last week. its a process…a challenge to see what works. What ever you do or are doing I wish you all the best.

(Blessed with butter ) #171

@brownfat where do you get a dexascan and how much does it cost.

(Troy) #172

$45 in SoCal😄

https://www.bodyspec.com/

(Wendy) #173

Thanks! I actually hit 135 a few days ago and then again yesterday. :sweat_smile: Today I was 137.8. Don’t you love how weight fluctuates? But I feel happy with where I’m at now.

(Todd Allen) #174

I go to dexafit which I think is a franchise style chain. My local one is $75 but sometimes get it for $60 from promotions.

(Running from stupidity) #175

“Get yer cheap DEXA scans right here! Step right up!”

(Todd Allen) #176

I’m a sucker for electronic versions of carnival barkers - groupon, etc. Though mostly I decide on the things I want first before seeking bargains. Still waiting for another major deal on 23andme as I procrastinated too long the last time they had a big discount.

(Hermie) #177

I watch calories, it’s on my Carb Manager, but it’s not what I base each day on. I ironically had high carbs one day, without meeting any of the numbers for carbs, fats, or protein. Last 2 days, I’ve been under 900 calories, because I don’t eat until evening most days.

i watch them go in my mouth. thats about it.

(Caliagi) #179

I eat plain Greek yogurt with no extra added
sugar and use stevia and raw cacao poweder to flavor it. Or just mix a bit of chocolate premium protein shake in it.

(Amy Ramadan) #180

Yum!!