How many of you watch calories?

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #21

I don’t care about calories. And it feels amazing to type that, lol.

(Terence Dean) #22

I watch macros specifically, I do count calories in my spare time. You know 1 calorie, there’s another calorie ok I’ll count that one next, that sort of thing. It breaks the boredom and annoys the hell out of TJ! :stuck_out_tongue:

Asking a question about how low do you go doesn’t make sense in my context. I’m interested in knowing how much protein I should be eating for my body weight, body fat%, height, etc. How the hell you do that without some sort of calculator is beyond me, have you seen the equation for working out protein using the Mifflin formula?

BMR%20Mifflin

I also like to know how much fat I’m consuming because I do not like eating more dietary fat than I need to (give or take a pork chop) :wink:

Otherwise I have no problem with counting calories, 1 calorie, 2 calories, 3 calories. Counting calories is old school, macros are the bees knees now!!! :honeybee: :wink:

I also like to count ribs because I can feel mine now. :rofl:

Here is my n=1.

I do keep an eye on them. I am fat adapted and have been on this journey for seven months. I log everything most days. I weigh daily. (I am a research analyst and the more data the better). This has taught me not to fear the scale. I sometimes do intermittent fasting but haven’t for awhile but may return to it this week to shake some things up. As of today I have lost 53 pounds.

That being said, I no longer fear “going over” my calorie limit. I use it more like a guide. I mostly just focus on staying under 20 grams of carbs and eating the best sources of fats and proteins I can. It has helped me learn to trust my hunger and the signaling of when I am full. The longer I eat this way, the more I understand that restricting calories just doesn’t work, nor is healthy for me. Time and time again when I have eaten more, I have lost weight. CICO is bs.

Just my .02.

My app shows calories, carbs, fats and protein. I do not pay
much attention to the calories. I also get a break down
for when I eat (although broken into the 3 traditional meals to include snacks).
I usually do a 20:4 intermittent fast and when I use the 4 hour
window try and break up the carbs over two meals. I have found
that OMAD is much more difficult for me than the 2MAD. I then look at
how the fats are divided up to ensure intake a larger amount toward
the end of my window. Hope that all makes sense.

(Terence Dean) #25

Ok here’s an N=1 experiment anyone can do.

• I have two pork chops both weigh exactly 100g each.
  • The first one has 252 calories in it (I know that because I counted them)
  • The second one I haven’t got a clue how many calories it has, right?

Which pork chop should I eat? :cut_of_meat:

Eat them both?!?

(Terence Dean) #27

The second one belongs to my wife, I could do that but I don’t think she would appreciate it. :rofl:

Smart man!

I agree, eat them both and suggest your wife starts a fast

(Terence Dean) #30

Anyone have a spare hard hat? :construction_worker_man: I’m tempted!!! :rofl:

It’s easy to count those calories :wink:

(Terence Dean) #32

Its easier to just eat fish, and save my life!! :rofl: (Jokes, just jokes)

(Jane) #33

:rofl:

Smart man! You gotta sleep sometimes, ya know?

I don’t count calories, I count carbs. If I counted calories, I reckon 3 or 4 days in each week is around to 600, to 800 calories a day, but I’m not hungry, so its ok.

(Terence Dean) #35

Here’s a snapshot of my last 8 weeks, calories don’t really tell you what is going on, its the scales and macros that are more meaningful to me. That weight increase in late August coincides with eating cheese cake!

(TJ Borden) #36

Hmm🤔.

I couldn’t resist a softball like that. :rofl:

(Carissa JB) #37

I try to keep it under 2000 more or less (lazy calorie counting) during the week. But this weekend I did a semi fast at maximum 1000 each day. I think it was beneficial. I am around 10 pounds from my goal (I don’t weigh myself) and I really don’t want to gain any weight.

I only count when I want to brag about how many calories I’ve eaten.
The more I eat the faster my metabolism gets and I’m down roughly 60 lbs while eating a “shit ton” (scientific term)

In reality I eat 2-4k calories a day.

I do. It’s the only way I lose weight.