Horrible stomach pains and Diarrhea ( sorry TMI I know)

(Kendra Lamarca) #1

Question! I hope I’m doing this right but desperate hope someone can help. Maybe could be unrelated but I have been doing keto for about 4 months now. About a week ago I cheated for the first time kinda bad… 2 bowls of cereal, ritz crackers and a snack cake thing. I have noticed since then I have had an upset stomach and ( sorry TMI) Diarrhea. Only after I eat. Today is a week from my cheat meal and eat 2 eggs and 3 susage links and I’m dying in the bathroom with horrible stomach pains. Any ideas? Is this common? Any suggestion? Or is this diet just not for me anymore?

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #2

It seems going off plan can cause many folks stomach upset, especially those who are eating very few or zero carbs. If it were me, I’d start a probiotic and stick to things you can for sure tolerate.

Are you someone who fasts?

Sorry to hear it.

Last time that happened to me it was food poisoning (well before keto days). We didn’t realise the fridge thermo was set too high and the food was spoiling but not in obvious ways.

I got over it after about 2 weeks where the toilet was my best friend (sorry TMI).

Your case may be very different but make sure nothing was well past expiry date and your fridge isn’t too warm…

(Kendra Lamarca) #4

Is it common to happen for a week long? I did fast but haven’t in about 3 weeks or so. Thank you for your help!

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #5

I don’t know how long people struggle, but I feel like it can last more than a few days, based on what I’ve read.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #6