Homemade Keto Gatorade

I make this a lot to help with electrolytes:

1 pack unsweetened Koolaid
1/2 t light salt (sodium/potassium)
1/2 t vitamin C powder
1/2 t stevia
Enough water to make 64 oz

An alternative that doesn’t use the fake coloring that’s in koolaid would be to use lemon juice, but that would be higher in carbs.

Consuming electrolytes - dehydration
Starting a New Year's Fast!
StrongLifts 5x5
Vigorously defended weight point

No, Magnesium Citrate for Magnesium? I believe one of the Dudes makes their Ketoaide with it… it has improved my ketoaide immensely.

My recipe:
2.5 ML lite salt
4 ml of Magnesium Citrate
1000 ml of water (1 nalgene bottle)
Couple of squirts of what ever zero carb drink enhancer (mio, packets etc)

Per Nalgene bottle I get: 700mg of Potassium and 236mg of Magnesium.

Shake well in nalgene bottle… I use lots of ice, sometimes dilute with some water, sometimes I don’t. I drink minimum one bottle a day… sometimes 2.

(Georgette) #3

Brenda Zorn, I believe is the one who started the ketoade and she uses liquid magnesium citrate. I drink it and it’s great!

I do put some Calm into my cup, but not in the pitcher so we won’t overdose on magnesium if we’re extra thirsty.

(Annika) #5

Homemade electrolyte drops:
1/2 teaspoon lite salt (sodium + potassium)
1 teaspoon epsom salt (magnesium sulfate)

Add as much water as you like to dissolve. I would have used mag citrate powder, but epsom salt is what I had in the house. I keep it pretty concentrated in a dropper bottle and add some to my water and my smoothies. Of course, this has way less electrolytes than making homemade Gatorade; if you wanted to make it stronger I would cut back on the magnesium, otherwise you might be running to the bathroom more than you would like!

(Judy ) #6

I don’t remember where I found this one, but it’s good too!
I have @8oz each day.

5 C water
Juice of two lemons
1/2 tsp lite salt (potassium)
1/4 tsp Himalayan sea salt
2 Tbsp natural calm magnesium
20 drops stevia (or to taste)
1/4 C powdered swerve (which I do but add as it’s good enough without)

(Becky Searls) #7

K I bought the Morton lite sale but when I asked my pharmacist about magnesium citrate they said it was a laxative and I wasn’t sure I had the right product? @brenda

(Mike W.) #8

That’s the one. In larger doses it will have a laxative effect. It’s what I was prescribed when I went to the Urgent Care with abdominal pains and the Xray showed I was “full of shit”…lol

(Becky Searls) #9

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

I posted above I only use 4ml per 1 Liter of water in my Ketoaide recipe… One bottle will last you a long time… (296 mL).

(Georgette) #11

It has to be a LARGE dose. Like half a bottle.

(Mike W.) #12

I was prescribed 2 :scream:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #13

@MiKetoAF

HOLY SHIT

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #14

@beckyjoy
That is the exact product I use. 1/2 tablespoon per 24 oz of water.
That adds 75 mg very bioavailable magnesium but not enough to cause a laxative effect.
The dose to relieve constipation is to drink the entire 10 ounce bottle at once!!

(Becky Searls) #15

Ok gotcha! Thanks for clarifying @Brenda . This was at meijer and I’m not a fan of cherry (plus wasn’t sure of the product) so I passed, but I’ll check out CVS today and see if I can find another flavor I’ll tolerate better.

Random side question: the last 2-3 days I’ve felt sluggish upon waking. Could ornate be low electrolytes? Will his help? And what is a typical morning fasting blood glucose reading, with dawn phenomenon? I just began testing out of curiosity (not diabetic) and I was at 122 yesterday and 125 today. During the day I was back to 108 and “in range” but still seems kinda high?

(Becky Searls) #16

Yikes!!! Is this maybe the same thing people have to drink before s colonoscopy?

(johnp71) #17

I voluntarily drank a bottle of mag citrate to show support for my wife and son who both had colon procedures last summer. I wanted to see how bad it was, especially since my son had drank 2 bottles and nothing happened.

I drank my bottle, and 5 hours later it was like the floodgates of hell opened from my ass. I had cramping like I’d never had ever in my life. And the diarrhea. Oh my god the diarrhea. Took 2 days for the pain to stop, but I dropped 2 pounds in the process. It was amazing lol!!!

(Sarah Barnbrook) #18

Ouch!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #19

@beckyjoy
Normal fasting blood glucose is between 70-100

(Larry Lustig) #20

Just FYI if you’re not aware – that’s about 10 grams of carbs right there,I believe.