Homemade Flackers

I recently discovered Flackers (a brand of flaxseed crackers that pretty much just has flax and seasoning), and I love them, but they’re kind of expensive, and I really wanted a more neutral flavor than they offer, so I looked around for a recipe, and this was a winner:

I pretty much followed the recipe exactly, except I only used salt as a seasoning, and I added a little bit of chia seeds (probably won’t next time because these were a little sticky and hard to handle wet). I used the convection setting on my oven, I did not leave them covered while baking, and I turned off the oven after about 40 minutes (and pulled the outer crackers to eat right then) and left them in the oven, door ajar, until cool. They turned out super crunchy and satisfying. I’ve already tried them with peanut butter, cream cheese, dip, and tuna salad. I’m so happy to have found an inexpensive and easy way of making a crunchy carrier. I’ll probably still buy Flackers from time to time, but it’s nice to be able to approximate them from scratch.

How bad is peanut butter WITH partially hydrogenated vegetable oil?

These look fantastic! I can’t wait to try. I too feel a major cracker void on keto, especially with all the fabulous cheese I get to enjoy! Thanks for posting.