Help me help my wife

(Ethan) #61

UPDATE 1:

She started keto yesterday. The good news is that she seems to enjoy it. Even better for me is that now i can eat REAL food. Until recently, I was fending for myself on foods. I cooked a little, but with little time to make meals and not so much ability to cook AND clean in the kitchen, I made simple keto meals. Doing two five-day fasts a month, I often didn’t buy much food anyway. Now, my wife wants to do full meal planning like we used to. Before I went keto, she would cook food on Sunday for the week for both of us. She’s back to that now, and we made some awesome steaks, chicken sausages, creamed spinach (very heavy fat!), etc., yesterday!

(Cristian Lopez) #62

i agree too many carbs for ice cream

(Molly) #63

How about noatmeal for breakfast? I started with this recipe, quickly learned I couldn’t handle hemp hearts :nauseated_face:, and I typically leave out the chia seeds and stevia, too (so, it’s a pretty adaptable recipe). It reminds me of cream of wheat. If she must have something sweet on it, some berries or a bit of Sukrin Gold fiber syrup would do the trick, especially till her tastes adapt.

Do you feel different?
(Ethan) #64

I’m going to make it for myself; she’ll never eat all the seeds stuff.

(Ethan) #65

UPDATE-2:

My wife at dinner this evening, “I’m not really hungry at all. I think I’ll just eat this little snack.”

That’s never happened

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #66

Have her watch this.
If she isn’t on board with this simple start, she isn’t ready. Nothing we suggest will keep her compliant, as much as you want her to be. I get it. You are concerned. But your stress raises cortisol. Cortisol raises insulin. Insulin blocks fat burning. Give her the tools and let it go. For your own sake.

(Carol M) #67

She’s obviously very carb addicted. maybe you could try some of her favorites in low carb versions.

fat head bagels slathered in butter
fry some chicken tenders with some almond flour/coconut flour breading
there are some waffle recipes too.

These sound like your only options honestly, and hopefully as her pallet changes she will be willing to try more regular foods.

I can’t imagine having such a limited diet. I have gotten fat by eating ALL of the things, and loving them. Or maybe it was loving all of the things and then eating them. I am so glad for keto because I can still love the food I eat. I just don’t eat the crap that will kill me slowly anymore.

Good luck with this one!

(Carol M) #68

This video is the best! He always cracks me up, but I hadn’t seen this one!

Grow up, you are an adult, try new things. YESSSS!

(Amber Davidson) #69

Maybe she could look over some of the recipes… Make a list of foods.
Tour the grocery store
Make a list of things she likes.

Be creative?
I like to experiment, made my own salad dressing with Greek yogurt and ACV and ranch packet.
I combine a lot of frozen veggies with tuna and lemon juice for a quick thing.
Does she like shrimp? Lobster? There’s alot of white fishes that baked with a little turmeric and lemon taste like lobster to me:grinning:
Cream cheese on tomatoes. Cream cheese on lunchmeat…