HELP! Embarrassing problem at work

(KCKO, KCFO) #21

Megan Ramos has said to drink mineral water for the tummy rumbling during fasting. I find even La Croix sparkling water to be very helpful.

Glad ginger came up that is my go to for tummy issues of all kinds. And motion sickness when on boats as well.

(Miss E) #22

that last bit confused me sorry. The capsules aren’t effective unless combined with fresh ginger?

I wasn’t clear - let me try that again - on days I cook with Ginger I supplement a bit less. :slight_smile:

Today I am sitting in a meeting, and a woman next to me let out the lowdest stomach growl EVER! :joy::joy::joy: She immediately dug her arm into her belly and coughed to try and cover it up. I don’t think she was fasting, probably just ready for lunch. Anyway, at least it wasn’t me this time, heh heh

Have you tried sipping ketoade during fasting? That helps me immensely with both hunger pangs and hungry stomach growling.

(Sami Kearns) #26

Thanks so much @SlowBurnMary for sharing your experiences and what you’ve discovered. I’ve read some other posts/responses of yours and they are quite informative.

I’ve also seen you mention the benefits you’ve found using ginger capsules elsewhere. Do you have a brand/form/potency recommendation? I’ve done a bit of a search, but am a bit lost as to what I should be buying.

Please forgive my ‘numptiness’. Thanks in advance.

You’re welcome so much!

I use Nature’s Way (GMP standard production - any high quality brand will be verified as such), and started at 1 capsule twice a day w/ meals or fatty coffee, then worked up to 4-6/caps a day (depending on cheese intake) for a couple months, during which time my gut shrank and measurements proved that my belly fat was changing… and now at six months am back down to 1-2/day - as I got sensitized to it, and smaller amounts now are just fine for keeping the medicine going.

I’m not on any medications. Ginger is a great NSAID for pain and headaches too, but is contraindicated with aspirin, statins, etc.

Hope that helps!

(Sami Kearns) #28

Thanks so much, @SlowBurnMary. I’ll look into that. I’m on medication for migraines (verapamil), which turns out to be a blood pressure medication. That’s funny, because I’ve always had low blood pressure, lol.

Dr wants me to go on a statin, which I’ve refused, as my cholesterol has increased (significantly) since going keto.

Thanks for the extra info.

Wow, @Mamash, you’ve touched on something I’ll bet a lot of us deal with, only never thought to ask because it wasn’t creating an awkward situation. I’m thankful you were getting embarrassed at work. :wink:

@SlowBurnMary, thanks for the info on ginger. I’m going to share this with Lisa. I don’t know if she’s read anything about it. Also my daughter gets car sick AND eats a lot of cheese! Sounds like this may help her too.

Thanks to the others about ACV. I’m sure it’s very effective, but if you’re like me you’re thinking, “ew, vinegar”. I used to drink it, with HONEY, for heartburn, but since going keto I rarely get heartburn anymore. :+1: And since honey isn’t on the “green list”, that’s not an option. :laughing: But I might consider some of the other concoctions, since I know ACV is very beneficial.

(Miss E) #30

ACV capsules are available

Don’t know if this was mentioned above, but according to ‘Gut’ author, Guilia Enders, the rumbling noise isn’t necessarily hunger, but a contraction of the stomach in a wave like motion as it clears out the last meal through the opening at bottom of stomach. There’s a name for this, I forgot.
Anyways, you would still be left with an empty stomach. But maybe if you left longer between meals and meetings, the rumbling could happen sooner? Or keep eating right up until the meeting so the rumbling happens after?
If that’s what it is!

(Diane) #32

You might try adding the ACV to a cup of water with a pinch of salt (which cuts the tartness somehow). Or add a drop of your favorite essential oil (only one suitable for human consumption, of course), it masks the scent and helps with palatability. Best if you drink it with a straw, the oil will float on top of the water, you don’t want it to hit your lips or the roof of your mouth.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #33

borborygmi/us… one of my favorite medical words, somewhere after sphygmomanometer.

(david czech) #34

@Saphire: Why should ACV always be mixed in something?

I’m guessing that’s only because of taste, but is there some chemical reason for it?

ACV should always be mixed in something

See the second part of this thread

It is rough on the esophagus and tooth enamel

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #36

If you drink it straight it’s best to use a straw to protect your teeth. Diluting it can mellow the flavor and protect your teeth from the acid, so most people do it that way.

(Diane) #37

Diluting it can also protect your esophagus.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #38

Good to know!