Just bought this apple cider vinegar: any comments?

(Alec) #1

Hi guys
I have been reading up on the forums about ACV, and decided I needed to buy some good stuff (with the mother). Just bought this today, and I reckon I could just swig this stuff neat from the bottle.

Anybody have any opinions? All good, or do something else?
Cheers
Alec

HELP! Embarrassing problem at work
(karen) #2

I actually like it diluted, Iā€™ll find myself sipping on a pint of water with a tablespoon or two of acv in it and coming back for more, as if it were wine. I donā€™t see why you couldnā€™t drink it straight ā€¦ Iā€™m just not sure why youā€™d want to. :stuck_out_tongue: - the mother wonā€™t hurt you, but it might be kinda gross to get a mouthful of that.

(Alec) #3

Iā€™m treating it a bit like whisky: it gives a bit of a burnā€¦ all a matter of mindset. :scream_cat::see_no_evil:

(karen) #4

Itā€™s all good then! Keep calm and pucker on.

I could never drink ACV and did not even like it on salad when I started keto, my stomach would hurt for hours after if I had some so I stopped. After a few months I had some issues that ACV seemed like the perfect treatment for (I consider it the windex of supplements). I started drinking a tablespoon of ACV with 4 ounces of water or so. I found I tolerated it well and it cured what I needed it to cure

I think it is safer to dilute it

(Alec) #6

This is what I am searching forā€¦ do you have any clarity on why neat ACV might not be OK? I really donā€™t know, but I just tried it neat, and I like itā€¦

I would do a search. One concern is it can erode tooth enamel

(Alec) #9

I did a search, and the CW (you might know how much I love that!) is ā€œthat drinking straight, undiluted ACV is dangerous to your insides ā€” from your mouth on down.ā€ I am not 100% convinced, but there seems little upside to drinking it neat, so Iā€™ll dilute.

(Leslie) #10

I love my daily dose diluted in water with lemon juice throughout the day!
Excellent for digestion and my bowels are soooooo happy! Oops, TMI, sorry?

(KetoQ) #11

I drink it diluted and drink extra water after, as it can strip enamel from teeth and damage your esophagus.

I want to know this too. I prefer it straight, I think it tastes better. I just want to shoot it. But I dont want to damage my esophagus, if there is any truth to that.

Tooth enamel thing I find hard to believe. I think it was based off one teenager who was drinking like 8 cups a day or some stupid amount to lose weight. Very excessive.

(Alec) #13

I agree with this. I think I need a decent recipe to be able to grow to love it diluted. Anybody got good recipes?

I bought this the other day

Its honey free fire side vinegar. Has horseradish and habinaro peppers amongst other things. Quite the burn indeed, although it says you can drink it straight.

I think it would be delicious mixed in with some tomato juice, almost like a ceaser with that hint of horse radish. But you know. . . carbs.

(Troy) #15

I mix it up w recipes

Just For an example , just about an hour ago :smile:
ACV, splash of raspberry lime zevia ( wanted a little carbonation ), splash of lemon juice, powdered ginger, some water, then over ice

You can add salt, liquid stevia, turmeric, lime juice cinnamon etc

And I drink through a straw
Do not want to mess w the possible enamel issue
Or burn the esophagus
Myth or notšŸ˜ƒ

Enjoy

(Bunny) #16

Nice! :v:

Mix my ACV brew with raw ginger and horse radish!

I do not think the this is a myth

I have a friend that loves eating lemons and this is what her dentist warned her about. I know other dentists and they say the same thing about lemons, never mind ACV, any acid can hurt your teeth, it is one reason dentists can tell when someone is bulemic, their teeth are damaged from the stomach acid coming up

(Empress of the Unexpected) #18

Itā€™s acidic, like lemon juice, which isnā€™t great for tooth enamel. But if you swish your mouth with water afterwards, it should be fine.

Oh for sure I believe itā€™s true. I just think that there are many things that would cause the same issues (such as lemons - in your example) and we donā€™t put a warning on those things.

I am worried about the esophagus thing though. But then I look up thinks like the fireside vinager and itā€™s meant to be taken as a tonic, so I donā€™t know.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #20

The stomach and esophagus problems seem to be related to the tablets - which have gotten stuck going down peopleā€™s throat. Yikes!!!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #21

Just make sure to dilute it - I do a tablespoon in a large glass of water.