Hello new forum

Hello,

Mid 30’s guy here from California.

I’ve been hearing about keto on podcasts for a while so I decided to do a little more research.

A google search with the words “ketogenic forums” led me here and its funny that this place has that exact name. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I am a total newbie when it comes to this topic.

I have started listening to Keto Talk (another podcast) and I am about 10 episodes into that. I started from episode 1. It looks like they have a new host in the later episodes, but I’m not there yet. :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe I’ll start a keto diet myself one of these days but as of now I’m just learning.

(Tom Seest) #2

Welcome. Keto Tallk is an excellent podcast.

We also maintain an active list of other podcasts here, and they are categorized here:

Thanks, I’ll check it out.

Cool! Which one is your top three favorite?

(Ethan) #5

I listen along my long commutes to several podcasts:

2 Keto Dudes - All about the science. The total package: real people, fasting, keto, science, recipes

Keto Talk - Medical science light, Q&A possible (sometimes delayed)

Fasting Talk - All about fasting, with a side of ketosis

The Obesity Code Podcast - Stories that we can connect to

Livin’ La Vida Low Carb - Very light fun, but some older episodes had science

(Tom Seest) #6

2KetoDudes

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #7

I sort of fell into ketogenic eating by accident. After years of denial, I finally came to terms with my addiction to sugar, so I cut out all sweets, and decided not to worry about other carbohydrates. But I started feeling so good that I ended up cutting out bread, grains, and most other carbohydrates as well. I still get sugar/carb cravings, but they are much easier to ignore, now that I am eating to satiety on protein and fat (plus a minimal amount of carbohydrate, mostly cruciferous vegetables).

The weirdest part of keto eating is that I no longer eat till my belly is bursting; fat is so satisfying that I find myself losing interest in food long before I am stuffed. In the old days, I’d eat spaghetti till I couldn’t cram in any more and would still be hungry!

My main motivation for changing my way of eating was to avoid metabolic disease, which runs in the family. But in the process, I have lost about sixty pounds of fat over a six-month period, and that’s a really enjoyable side-effect of this way of eating! :bacon:

Hope you give it a try.

I eased into keto by first going low carb for a few weeks, then lowering the carbs enough to be true keto. I avoided the “keto flu” (AKA carb withdrawal) that way.

However you do it, welcome to the forums! You’ve landed in the best place ever.

I started on a no carb diet of those supplements I mentioned, diet drops, and 500 calories in an 8 hour window with 3oz of chicken or fish and apple orange etc.

I was losing on that, but when I learned about autophagy a little more I realized that I wasn’t getting into autophagy because I was eating fruit and protein which knocks u out of it.

So now I’m just going to water fast since I am obese. Until I get to my suggested weight if I can make it that far.

But I just want to get there as fast as I can.

These podcasts are great all the info u need in them!

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #10

Welcome to the forums! Greetings from Marin County!

(Rick) #11

Welcome to the forum!

Wow there’s a lot of options. If only I had time to listen to them all.

Is that the one the owners of this forum do?

Thanks for sharing your story, it’s very inspirational. I’d love to lose 60 pounds in 6 months, if not more.

Thanks for the tip. I heard about the keto flu, which I’m not too afraid of because that’s how I feel most of the time eating all the garbage I currently eat. I’d love to feel better, seems like keto is the way.

Thanks ray, I hope things work out for you.

Thanks! That’s where all the rich people are. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thank you :slight_smile:

(Tom Seest) #19

Yes

Good point!!