Hello new forum

(Carmelo Walker) #21

Hello everyone.:relaxed:

Hi y’all,

My name is Austin, and I reside in Houston, TX. I followed the ketogenic diet for 3 or 4 months in 2016, but fell off the wagon. I saw a lot of benefits from it, and I am excited to start up again. I am still nervous about consuming copious amounts of dairy and pork. So this time around I am incorporating a lot more nuts, seeds, and oils. Eggs, avocados, flax seed, hemp seed, chia seed, almonds, walnuts, avocado oil, coconut oil, mct oil, flax oil will all be present this time around. Anyway, I hope all is well with everyone and I’m happy to be a part of the community.

Hi

Hello!

(Keto in Katy) #24

Hello from just down the road in Katy TX. :wave:

Hello! I started keto and IF on 10/11/17. I’m feeling amazing. I’ve been in nursing school for nearly 2 years. It has caused me to gain 60 pounds from inactivity, stress, snacking, and drinking homebrew beer to reward myself for all my hard work. I started off just trying to do South Beach. I’ve lost 16 pounds!

(Dianna Rogan) #26

Hello! I am new to Keto. My friend told me about it after she had great results with it for her weight and general health.

I am 6 days in and I am feeling better. Less groggy and down 9 lbs. I had no cravings the first 5 days. But today I couldn’t stop eating. I went over my calorie allotment for the first time this week, but all in fats and proteins.

I am keeping it simple and I am very motivated and excited!

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #27

Hello, @Dianna! Wishing great health! I’m relatively new to this WOE, and I am feeling good!

Looks like people think my introduction thread is where everyone should introduce themselves. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #29

@Nebulous :grin:

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #30

That’s the ticket! Eating till you’re satisfied is key to this way of eating. Fat is wonderfully satisfying, and it doesn’t stimulate insulin secretion the way carbohydrate does, which makes it the ideal way to give your body the energy it needs, while allowing it to metabolize stored fat as well.

(Guy Harvey) #31

Hello Ketogens! Just signed up to the forum (I don’t usually sign up to forums so please direct me as appropriate!). I am 44 yr old male and I have recently exhaled about 15 kgs on a hard keto diet. I am interested in the sustainment phase with more macro nutrients and the other vitamins that my hard routine has been missing. I am on continual IF and one meal a day, bulletproof coffee and some other life hacks. Open to finding some more! Once again, hi everyone! Guy

Lol, now I’m a pro. Lost over 110 pounds since this post and feeling great!

Ha ha - great story!

Indeed :stuck_out_tongue: