Hello from the UK

(Mike Jones ) #1

Hello everyone, I’m a 41 year old male from the UK, been keto since last September and loving the journey.

Welcome to Ketopia! Eat bacon! :laughing:

(Mike Jones ) #3

Oh, I do, regularly :grin:

Hiya fellow Brit. I am currently living in France but where are you based in the UK?

(Mike Jones ) #5

Hello! I’m in Gloucestershire UK

(David) #6

Welcome from God’s own county (Lancashire)

(gooeykablooey) #7

Hello! USA here (kentucky, originally Maine) but I descended from Edward Longshanks so I’m practically royalty to you lot. It’s alright, no need to bow.
Welcome to the forum!

(Mike Jones ) #8

Ah, I’m a Manc originally so not a million miles from Lancs.

(Clare) #9

Hi - I’m in Glasgow,

it’s nice to find somewhere to talk - there aren’t a lot of people in the UK who understand what the hell it is I’m doing with my diet.

Cheers!
Clare

(David) #10

I think you will find that Yorkshire is God’s own country, but being next door is still a close second :wink:

(David) #11

I have no science to back this assertion up BTW.

(David) #12

Red Rose of Lancashire, Red Rose of England.

'nuff said.

(Wenchie) #13

I love the Lancs <3

(debbie cunningham) #14

I’m down in sunny Hampshire!

(Paula Green) #15

Hello from Somerset!

A question to you UK folks. Do you know a way to get some blood tests/general health tests done privately. I’m pretty healthy and find that our good old NHS is only really good for when you are sick. Not sure my doctor would give me a bunch of tests just because I’m interested. But I would love some baseline numbers.

I did get my cholesterol done on NHS because I turned 50 and they were running a health scheme. My HDL was nice and high but I still got a saturated fat lecture because my total cholesterol was 6. sigh I measure blood sugar at home.

(bulkbiker) #16

I haven’t used anyone on the UK for bloods although I did have a private CAC scan at the Rivers Hospital in Hertfordshire. A quick google gives quite a few places that do it with some wildly varying prices and I have seen others where you send off the blood and they do the test. Depends on what you want but I can’t give a personal recommendation for blood tests.

(Anna Juliet) #17

Hi :wave:
I’m from Cambridgeshire, UK!!! Originally from the lakes. On this WOE for reactive hypoglycaemia, my doctor and dietitian put me on it. I’m lucky as I’m in the military the docs will do most tests I want. Leaving in 12 months though so will have to get my money’s worth by then :joy:
Anna :+1:

Ooo I’m in Southport!

(David) #19

My local practice apparently do an annual check-up, so I’ll be making sure I at least get my blood tested once a year at least.

(Wenchie) #20

I appreciate that in so many ways babes.