Hello from the UK

Hi I’m in Nottingham and 4 months in

(Pinar Ertekin) #22

hi, I’m from Greenwich, London UK. Been keto since diagnosed T2D in May 2016 … reversed after 3 months doing keto and refusing to take metformin prescribed by GP. Am relatively new to this forum but love it! If anyone knows of any keto approved GPs or consultants in Greater London area I’d appreciate if you could share their contacts. I’ve messured my blood ketones many times but negative results as glucose levels still too high - however I feel still better than before with the keto lifestyle.
Great to find a UK keto community here!
:slight_smile::ok_hand:t2:

(Dianne Higgs) #23

Hi, I’m from the West Oxfordshire part of the Cotswolds. I’m not absolutely new to a ketogenic diet but am so grateful to have found a site that explains the science so well and is encouraging. I have been low carb for many years. This is my first post.

(Clare) #24

Pal of mine bought some online kit for about £45 - can’t remember the name but I’m sure the google machine will bring it up. It gave quite a good spectrum of options.

(bulkbiker) #25

Maybe from Medichecks? I’m getting my fasting insulin tested tomorrow… diabetes nurse and doctor had never heard of it…

(Clare) #26

That doesn’t sound like it - I’ll get he info for you tomorrow - I’ve got a voucher at work.

(Clare) #27

Got it - it’s called 'Thirva - www.thriva.co - he’s only just started with it so I can’t give a recommendation but it was £49. If you use the code 25OFF you’ll get £25 off that.

Looks like it might be a subscription thing - so watch the T&Cs - I’m sure there’s probably something to watch out for. There always is when there’s an offer.

(Nicky Willoughby) #28

Hi. I’ve just joined and am also from Gloucestershire :grin: