Has keto changed your fashion sense?

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #61

Um, you’re beautiful. Seriously. A female in her natural form.

And you can totally, TOTALLY, pull that off. It’s cute! How is the chest support. I bought one last year that I loved but thought I’d lose a boob out the side if I moved too fast.

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #62

@anon54735292 and @PetaMarie thank you both :hugs:

@PetaMarie the chest support is a little questionable, but I was thinking of maybe getting something to somehow tighten the halter neckline. If I can tighten that up just a smidge, I think it’ll be ok. I swear they don’t have larger chested women in mind when they make clothes unless the clothes are plus sized, but not all larger chested women are plus sized :expressionless: hopefully I do not lose a boob out of the side, I would be mortified :joy: I’d never go back :joy:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #63

I used to put a loop knot up near the back of the neck. After one swim it stretches and dries it into place forever. Fingers crossed and maybe no triple flip with a twist of the diving board!

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #64

Good idea, the loop knot! I think that’s what I’ll do :grin: and definitely no fancy diving board flips :joy:

(Ellen) #65

Looking gorgeous @beccs :100: :fire:

(Scott) #66

I was putting my pants on and thought to myself this morning. Maybe its time to buy normal pants instead of the stretchy waistband style.

(Elizabeth ) #67

Yup! My fashion has gone from form-fitting to baggy. I live in Japan where I’m still too tall and too hippy to buy trousers :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Gonna be in suspenders soon! :laughing:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #68

Where in Japan are you? I think Okinawa might have good stuff in second hand places because of the US military base. But not conveniently located for most.

(Elizabeth ) #69

I’m in central Japan, sadly. Once I get a little lower, I might have to investigate online options

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #70

Shopping for clothes in Asia is a challenge.

(Elizabeth ) #71

Yes!

I didn’t think about this either, but it is a thing! I’ve not bought any new ones yet but I did have to tighten laces

As for changing styles, I haven’t lost enough to need many new clothes, so I’m in the over baggy stage at the moment.
I did buy 1 pairs of new trousers last week. I tried them on this morning, expecting them to be a bit small still, but they fit :grinning: and 2 sizes down!
They are patterned! Usually trousers are plain black, occasionally I might ho as far as navy, olive green, burgundy but these have a pattern! I’ll wait a bit before looking for clothes (not going to ‘big’ shops and getting things that fit will be amazing. Not done that for about 30 years.) But suspect I’ll get similar stuff - t shirts, leggings jeggings, maybe jeans, but if I see something different that I like, and can afford, I’ll go for it, even if it’s not my usual style.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #73

I found a strange little shop today and bought three dresses and a top for $15! That is cheap even for here. One of the dresses is rather mumu-ish. Hippie mumu-ish. A nice breezy house dress for sweltering summers. Or a swimsuit cover up. Which reminds me, time for a new swimsuit.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #74

I’ve had my eye out for a good quality belt. Women’s belts tend to be rather useless. I have a couple thin belts that are okay but definitely an accessory not terribly useful I also think a wider belt often looks nicer. Men’s belts often have obnoxious buckles. And they are too long.

Today I found a little shop with real leather belts and he cuts them to size for you. I bought two!

I found the two with the most discreet buckles. A “Levi’s” one and a “Versace” one. The Levi’s one is definitely real leather. The Versace one is two layers so maybe a leather veneer? The guy had cut pieces from the different belts, so you could see the innards clearly.

('Jackie P') #75

Most years I have been wearing linen trousers and a loose linen or cotton top during spring/summer.
This year I am ready to wear slimmer cropped trousers, light skinny jeans and smaller tops!
Fabulous Darling!

(Courtney Brooks) #76

Skinny jeans, leggings, and shirts that actually fit, yay!
I am nowhere near skinny, but I am liking my shape a lot more now that I am toning up. I still have curves. I still have squishy spots, but I am loving the skin I am in a lot more these days. I think just gaining the confidence that goes along with seeing my body change has reversed my thinking that I need to hide behind baggy, over-sized clothing. It’s very liberating!

(Stephanie ) #77

My all time favorite outfits, now that I’m 70 lbs lighter are leggings and a tank top! I never felt comfortable wearing something so form fitting, but now (even though I still have some jiggle) I can wear them with confidence :grin:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #78

I used to reserve biking shorts for underneath skirts to hold in fat, minimize thigh chaffing and for modesty in case someone got a peek up my skirt. Tonight I found myself walking outside and prepping food in a t shirt and biking shorts. I’m not sure how I feel about this development. :joy::joy:

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #79

Pics or it didn’t happen! :joy:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #80

Never ever in a million years!