Hacking Cholesterol experiment

cholesterol

I haven’t followed this whole thing (but am very curious! my last blood test happened to be on the 5th day of a fast and my lipids were definitely higher than usual).
But one thing that jumps out at me as I scanned some of the posts: it seems like eating so much that you actually feel physically ill would likely spike cortisol and/or cause some kind of inflammatory response and maybe move you somewhat in the opposite direction from the goal of the hack. I wonder if it should be as close to 5000 cal (or 2-3x normal) as comfortably possible.

(Dave) #42

Yes! Fasting would definitely be acceptable for the low days.

(Dave) #43

Yes, that would be good too. Remember, I have a page up at my site that talks all about this - http://cholesterolcode.com/extreme-cholesterol-drop-experiment/

(Jacquie) #44

@SigiC I followed Dave’s three day protocol. FYI, here are the results. :slight_smile:
Three days prior to testing, I ate very high calorie and had tons of macadamia nuts. Happy with the results.

Cholesterol 7.88 (previous 9.17) range 3.00 - 5.17 mmol/L
Trigs .81 (previous 1.02) range 0 - 1.70 mmol/L
LDL 4.25 (previous 5.22) mmol/L range isn't given
HDL 3.27 (previous 3.49) range 1.03 - 5.17 mmol/L
Trigs/HDL ratio .25 (previous .29)

I’ve had my fill of macadamias for a while.:joy:

Great! thanks for answering me. The tests will be in about two months time, I know I was asking very far ahead, but I am nothing if not well prepared haha. When I get them I will share them :smile:

I will read the info in your site too, I have watched all your videos, but reading always helps me remember more details.