Ground beef help

Ahhhh, I never catch that. Enjoy that… ground beef with a side of ground beef then? More power to ya! I sure as hell couldn’t do it.

(Elizabeth ) #17

Easy after almost three years :woman_shrugging::grin:

(Bob M) #18

It’s tough. I’ve given up on it. I add something, even spices help.

Though, I’ve given up on just ground beef by itself. Will make smashed burgers fried in tallow. But just ground beef is not filling for me, and the fattier kind has liquid or hard fat hanging out, which is not appetizing. Since I’m eating my lunches cold, that’s an issue.

So, I’ve mainly been eating hunks o’ beef, typically sous vide for a while, or thinner cuts of beef. Usually add salt or whatever later, but that’s because I forget to add the salt before I cook.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #19

@macscott asked about salsa and I reported my info. I wasn’t recommending. Cheese and eggs are not plant and I recommend both to improve ground beef nutritionally and add some options for variety.

yea zero carb thread and I miss that sometimes in the ‘category section’ when I respond also to someone :wink:

a few spices and few little herbs for condiments for flavoring are ok in your ground beef.

I was like you, wanting ‘beef recipes’ like I used to make in my old low carb days, you know, ‘a recipe meal’ but in the end, I tell ya, zero carb just isn’t this way mostly.

basically think ‘a burger’ and what might you eat on it, you now will put in it…like

bacon parmesan burger.
crispy up bacon, crumble, sprinkle burger meat with parm cheese, mix in bacon and fry that baby up and enjoy

make a juicy lucy…2 burger patties, put cheddar or whatever cheese you love in the middle and clamp it down into a pocket in the middle and cook. If wanted, add a smidgeon of finely chopped onion, and when I say this it is zc cause you are using like maybe a 1/2 teaspoon of finely chopped onion for taste, of course you can easily leave this out.

burger topped with fried eggs

my ‘meatloaf’…bunch of burger, throw in a few eggs, pepper/salt and I ‘bake in oven’ for that meatloaf non-fried taste vs a regular old burger on the grill.

meatballs, the same as above but I round them out HAHA
and I sprinkle fresh parm cheese melted over them and yum

Make homemade alfredo sauce for dipping. Simple, heavy whip cream, butter and parm cheese, make that sauce and make ‘meatballs’ and dip and eat.

people make bleu cheese burgers

think taco meat. some zc people allow a little spice like taco spice and they do well on it so if you like spicy, add a little hot sauce, or spice mix you enjoy to any burger to change the taste.

any taste you love, if you pair it up with a burger you got a great meal.

I know people make ‘meatza’…ground chicken base as the crust, top with little cheese and burger and heck if you wanted, top with some shrimp or whatever you desire :slight_smile:

the easiest thing is think burger, then think flavoring. Watch flavoring amt and such and you should be fine. Some concoctions you make you will love, others you will say, NO, and ditch LOL but it is fine.

It is just finding what you enjoy and it is ok to experiment with small different tastes to suit you.

There are several recipes using ground beef here that might help:

('Jackie P') #22

I use ground flaxseed instead of breadcrumbs and add egg.:yum:

(Laurie) #23

I made a hamburger/bacon crumbles/cheese quiche the other day and am still eating it (cold). It tastes pretty nice. If you don’t eat cheese, you can leave it out.

(Daisy) #24

My go to’s with ground beef:
Ground beef, butter and salt in the cast iron
Ground beef, suet and salt in the cast iron
Ground beef, eggs, bacon, salt and butter in the cast iron
Regular burgers in the air fryer
Burgers with bacon same method
Cheeseburger with or without bacon, same method
Primal burgers (ground beef with organs mixed in)
Ground beef on a meatza

(Ethan) #25

Scrambled egg and ground beef
Cheese-stuffed hamburgers
Ground-beef omelette
Ground beef taquitos (cheese as the taquito)

for all zero carbers, don’t use flaxseed. we do not eat this stuff HAHA
this isn’t a keto recipe chat, the OP is asking about carnivore.

(Robin) #27

A deceiving simple but delish hamburger hack.
2 pounds hamburger
Ad 1 EGG, 2 tsp GARLIC POWDER, 1 TBS ONION POWDER, 1 1/2 tsp SEA SALT (I use regular)

MIX. Make PATTIES. FREEZE.
GRILL/FRY as needed. (We panic when we run out of these. They’re that good.)

This stuff has sugar and corn syrup…in case anybody wants to know.

One of my favourite things to eat is some type of roast beef, shredded fine and when cold I mix with softened butter and salt and pepper. Makes a ‘beef salad’ type of lunch which is packable cold and incredibly delicious.

It does, in a completely negligible amount. So one tsp of that stuff flavors enough for a meal that feeds 3 I wind up with 1/3rd of 1g? I’ll live! Even if it was 1g, or 2g, still not gonna hurt anything. I know some are ingredient phobic, I’m not. I go by the numbers.

I’m not ingredient phobic either but I was considering the carnivore sensibilities :grin:

(Sama Hoole) #32

I’ve been combining ground beef with liver recently, making them into patties. Really helps masks the liver flavour, which is an acquired taste…hopefully.

(UsedToBeT2D) #33

Skip the meatloaf. Have some burgers fried in lard, smothered with mushrooms and onions, and heavy cream gravy.

(Edith) #34

This is a carnivore thread. :grinning:

(Roberta Worley) #35

@macscott I made meatloaf about a month ago and used a 1:1 ratio of water and flaxmeal. HTH