Ground beef help

(Scott) #1

Looking for some ideas for ground beef. I know hamburger but thought meat loaf but don’t really want to use pork rinds as binder but looking for some good ideas

Thanks

(Polly) #2

Ricotta cheese and egg make a good binder for meat loaf.

(Jack Bennett) #3

My usual lunch is ground beef based. I prep a few pounds on Sunday and put it in containers.

Typically I do:
1 tbsp salt
1 tbsp parsley
2 tbsp dried onion
1 tbsp powdered garlic
5 lb ground beef

I will reheat a container with salsa and sour cream every day for lunch. Kind of a “burrito bowl”.

(Alex ) #4

DONT Make a spicy chilli with cauliflower rice or beans!

(Polly) #5

This being in the zc/carnivore section it should probably be without the cauliflower as well!

(Alex ) #6

oops, sorry! didnt read the top bit…

(Scott) #7

Trying to avoid stuff like cauliflower rice and veggies . Wasn’t sure about salsa as it always seems high in carbs . That is the problem with the zero carbs . My normal mixing including spices have carbs

(Alex ) #8

yeh, sorry I didnt realise this was in ZC. No beans no cauli rice :slight_smile:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #9

I’m a minimalist. So, pan fried in butter or tallow; sous vide in its own juices/fat; put a couple slices zc cheese on top; and/or add sunny side up egg on top. Most hot sauces and Tostitos hot salsa have no carbs.

(Scott) #10

I will look but haven’t seen any 0 carbs where I live .

(Elizabeth ) #11

lots is recipes here https://www.pinterest.com/zerocarbhealth/_saved/

Brown it up and mix it in with a cauliflower rice. I used to do that and add in green peppers, onions, mushrooms, and either a real cream of mushroom soup or one I’d make with heavy cream. Has a stroganoff kinda feel to it… GOOD! Same deal with chicken.

I’d use these as flavor bases for the “rice”. They have a bunch but Beef, Chicken and Roasted Garlic are always in stock at my house. They’re in the grocery store as well, don’t need to amazon them.

(Scott) #13

Thanks but looking for zero carb items . Cauliflower rice or stuffing peppers are good but don’t want to go down that route

(Elizabeth ) #14

not a keto thread- CARNIVORE thanks

(Elizabeth ) #15

zero carb means zero plants- a drop or two of something is flavoring

Ahhhh, I never catch that. Enjoy that… ground beef with a side of ground beef then? More power to ya! I sure as hell couldn’t do it.

(Elizabeth ) #17

Easy after almost three years :woman_shrugging::grin:

(Bob M) #18

It’s tough. I’ve given up on it. I add something, even spices help.

Though, I’ve given up on just ground beef by itself. Will make smashed burgers fried in tallow. But just ground beef is not filling for me, and the fattier kind has liquid or hard fat hanging out, which is not appetizing. Since I’m eating my lunches cold, that’s an issue.

So, I’ve mainly been eating hunks o’ beef, typically sous vide for a while, or thinner cuts of beef. Usually add salt or whatever later, but that’s because I forget to add the salt before I cook.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #19

@macscott asked about salsa and I reported my info. I wasn’t recommending. Cheese and eggs are not plant and I recommend both to improve ground beef nutritionally and add some options for variety.

yea zero carb thread and I miss that sometimes in the ‘category section’ when I respond also to someone :wink:

a few spices and few little herbs for condiments for flavoring are ok in your ground beef.

I was like you, wanting ‘beef recipes’ like I used to make in my old low carb days, you know, ‘a recipe meal’ but in the end, I tell ya, zero carb just isn’t this way mostly.

basically think ‘a burger’ and what might you eat on it, you now will put in it…like

bacon parmesan burger.
crispy up bacon, crumble, sprinkle burger meat with parm cheese, mix in bacon and fry that baby up and enjoy

make a juicy lucy…2 burger patties, put cheddar or whatever cheese you love in the middle and clamp it down into a pocket in the middle and cook. If wanted, add a smidgeon of finely chopped onion, and when I say this it is zc cause you are using like maybe a 1/2 teaspoon of finely chopped onion for taste, of course you can easily leave this out.

burger topped with fried eggs

my ‘meatloaf’…bunch of burger, throw in a few eggs, pepper/salt and I ‘bake in oven’ for that meatloaf non-fried taste vs a regular old burger on the grill.

meatballs, the same as above but I round them out HAHA
and I sprinkle fresh parm cheese melted over them and yum

Make homemade alfredo sauce for dipping. Simple, heavy whip cream, butter and parm cheese, make that sauce and make ‘meatballs’ and dip and eat.

people make bleu cheese burgers

think taco meat. some zc people allow a little spice like taco spice and they do well on it so if you like spicy, add a little hot sauce, or spice mix you enjoy to any burger to change the taste.

any taste you love, if you pair it up with a burger you got a great meal.

I know people make ‘meatza’…ground chicken base as the crust, top with little cheese and burger and heck if you wanted, top with some shrimp or whatever you desire :slight_smile:

the easiest thing is think burger, then think flavoring. Watch flavoring amt and such and you should be fine. Some concoctions you make you will love, others you will say, NO, and ditch LOL but it is fine.

It is just finding what you enjoy and it is ok to experiment with small different tastes to suit you.