Goal - 6.5 day/156 hr Fast

I started my fast last night at 11pm. My goal is to go until Saturday at 11am. This will be my longest fast, my other 2 were 3.5 and 5.5 days long. I will post each day my experiences this time around to help my motivation, and of course to help others. I have an annual exam tomorrow morning as well as scheduled bloodwork which will be interesting. I haven’t had bloodwork for over 5 years, prior to that I was very borderline hypothyroid. Anxious to see where I stand now.
I love keto but am doing a lot of my same bad eating behavior on keto, that I’ve been trying to eliminate…namely binging and convincing myself to eat when not hungry. I do well for a while, then slide back into old habits. I love the clarity I have gotten in the past from fasting and hope for more clarity this time around. I also love the added time in my schedule when fasting!

awesome! best of luck to you. i’ve also started my first ever fast today! i’m doing 24 hours to start, then see how i do. I will be following your thread as you go, as i hope to build up to several days at a time and would like to see how longer fasts affect others :smiley:

Thanks so much! You are very smart starting off with a short fast. I would love to work up to doing 2 week long fasts. I know I am not there yet. BUT my last fast, I felt I could have gone longer. I hope that happens this time too!

Good Morning!

32 hours in. Feeling motivated, although I know its mostly water weight I dropped. Yesterday when I weighed I was 149.4, this morning I weighed in at 143.4.

The first fasting day is always pretty easy for me. The second/third are tougher. Going to the dr. this morning, then when I get home it will be coffee time!

(MyLove MyLife) #5

Amazing!! All the best!!

So I just got home from the dr. and am feeling so great. It’s been a long time since I’ve ‘let it all out’ with a medical practicioner and its very freeing. I also talked with her about keto and she is a believe and follower as well! She said she wouldnt worry about my cholesterol levels being elevated since I have been with this WOE less than 6 months. I meet with her again Wednesday to discuss my blood tests. She threw out there that I may have hashimotos, but of course wanted to wait for blood results to confirm.

55 hours in and feeling good. Weight this morning 140.5, starting weight was 149.4. 1/3 of the way through with this fast.

65.5 hours in. I feel really good. I expected today to have worse hunger pains than yesterday, but its quite the opposite! I am loving my extra time to the day and getting more things done. Thankfully cooking for my family does not set me off the rails…so they have been enjoying more home cooking as well. Since I am the only ketoer in the house, my kids and hubs usually have to fend for themselves for dinner if they arent inclined to eat what I make for myself. I refuse to be a short order cook :rofl:
Looking forward to getting my bloodwork results back tomorrow and feeling even more comfortable in this fast.
I’d love to get an idea how many days people who fast weekly, fast? I’m playing with the idea of adding a 2-3 day fast per week.

79 hours in. Very weird, unsettling dreams last night. Woke up pretty tired. Hunger is not too bad. Weight went up some.
Yesterday - 140.5
Today - 141.2

A little past the halfway point. Still feeling like I can make it!

89 hours, getting closer. At the dr. anxiously awaiting my blood test results. BP was kinda low? Maybe ? 98/82…will report other results after my appt.

So not the results I was expecting at all…

Glucose 107
Cholesterol 169
Triglycerides 106
HDL 72
CALC LDL 76
risk ratio LDL/HDL 1.05

Free T4. 1.05
TSH 2.5

I’ve had a history of borderline low thyroid. Maybe my 4ish months of keto fixed that. I thought by this point I would be in need of meds because of low thyroid symptoms…guess not. Hmmmmm…

Hello! I’ve just completed Day 3 of a planned 6-day fast … and found your thread! Since your timing is similar to mine, thought I’d jump on and follow along for the next few days for extra motivation. :slight_smile:

I’m hoping to get to mid-150’s on this EF and then move to 3-day fasts until I get to mid-140s which is a reasonable weight for me to maintain at 5’9” and post menopausal. (Unfortunately, I didn’t get the more important upfront bloodwork, but hope to do that after-the-fact.)

Anyway, cheering you on … and hoping to cross the finish line shortly after you!

Yay, welcome!!! Glad you hopped on! :wink:
This will be my longest fast and by far the easiest.
One of my issues is breaking my fasts in a reasonable way and not trying to eat the world! Since keto and fasting, I’ve dipped down pretty close to my goal weight…130, Im 5’7 and 38yrs old…but I struggle with maintenance at that weight. At least the past 1-2 years its been hard maintaining that weight…I thought it was my thyroid messing with me, but alas, I guess its good old food-mouth disease! :laughing:
We are past the toughest days of fasting IMO, its just putting it in cruise control and riding high on momentum!!!
Thanks for the reply!!

103 hours in. Down in weight, 137.6. Feeling a little weak but hoping my morning coffee helps with that! Last night I sucked on some pink salt, I might rely more on that today and tomorrow as well.
2/3 done!

114 hours. Starting to feel it a bit. More just wore out than anything else…I am looking forward to Saturday morning when I will be breaking my longest fast to date!

Not long now…

That’s so great for you—light at the end of the tunnel!

Day 4 of 6 now behind me. Today was my toughest day for not giving into head hunger. And, I’m a huge nighttime eater, so will just keep drinking tea until I head to bed. :slight_smile:

Have a great rest of the night …

(James H Shaffer) #17

just did a 5 day fast with water and salt last weekend, went from 295 to 278, after a 5 month stall I will take that :slight_smile:

127 hours. Slept like crap, up since 3am. Flopped in bed for an hour before deciding I wouldn’t fall back asleep. Yesterday I woke up at 4, yechhh, makes for a long day. I remember similar sleep issues last fast, but I didn’t document much so can’t truly compare.
Weight, down another pound and some change…136.4, 13 pound loss from the start.

I think the sleeplessness is the worst, because the days become even longer. But so impressed with your weight loss. Inspiring. I’m doing the Zornfast.

Sleep gets tough for me, too. At the close of 2018, I did two consecutive 6-day fasts (separated by a feast day on New Years. Both times I slept fine until the 5th/6th night when I got persistent pain in my butt and outer thighs—enough to keep me up. The only distraction that worked (other than walking around) was to find a really good movie and hopefully fall asleep from exhaustion. It never bothered me during the day, probably because I was moving around. Maybe it was low salt intake? Maybe it was my body healing itself? Who knows! Curious to see if it hits tonight again (day 5), although I’ve been supplementing with pink himilayan salt this time around. Will let you know!