•Mix all ingredients and transfer batter to a mug
•Cook in microwave for 90 seconds
•Remove carefully from mug
•Toast both sides under a broiler or in a skillet ,
•Can cut in half to use for a breakfast sandwich

Fat phobic husband gives in...Help!
What's your favorite kitchen tool?
(Guardian of the bacon) #2

I tried a 90 second bread recipe awhile back. I used a good sized mug and I had to momentarily stop the power a couple times because the dough was about to flow out and over the sides. It regressed as soon as I cut power. Any tips?

It tasted ok. It was just a standard bun, tasted a little eggy but was satisfactory.

(ketohealthclub) #3

I’ve never had this overflow. Maybe that’s because the mug I use is more of a soup mug- I’ve never used a narrow mug. I’ve seen people use only 1/4 tsp of baking powder-you could try that.

(mwall) #4

bigger mug… and frying or toasting makes it better! :slight_smile:

(ketohealthclub) #5

Yeah- I like frying them in the skillet while I’m cooking up the fixins’!

(jketoscribe) #6

I use glass Pyrex measuring cups in the microwave. There’s room for expansion.

(Marcie Budden) #7

I made mine on a paper plate and used it like a tortilla.

(Mediterranean Magic! Show me yer...) #8

How was that for holding together?

(Cindy) #9

I like baking any kind of minute muffin for 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Significantly improves the texture over the microwave versions.

(Griffin Mekelburg) #10

This looks so good! Have done a few minute breads but never one with cheese, will def try this tonight! Anyone make it with Mozzarella instead? Or would that not work as well for this? Thanks!

(ketohealthclub) #11

I think any kind of cheese is worth trying. If you try it, please let us know what you think!

(sharango1) #12

That sounds tasty!

(ketohealthclub) #13

The microwave is more for speediness and simplicity, so I love it. But I think I’d definitely try the oven. Does baking remove the eggy flavor of the unflavored 90 second bread?

(Cindy) #14

Haven’t tried this particular recipe, but don’t notice any eggy flavor on other minute muffin recipes when I bake them. I do prefer to use some sort of spices (like garlic or cinnamon) to add flavor, depending on whether I’m going for sweet or savory.

Also, I’ve found that even after spraying the ramekin, it’s smart to use parchment paper in the bottom and spraying that again to avoid having the bread stick to the bottom.

(jketoscribe) #15

I was hungry last night after attending a party with literally nothing for me to eat. So I made this cheddar biscuit. My pastatarian daughter who doesn’t touch Mom’s keto foods with a 10’ pole was eyeing this and drooling. It was really yum with some melted butter. I could only eat half of it and will have the second half with my lunch today.

I made it in my 2 cup glass measuring cup and it puffed up a lot, then settled down to about the 1 cup mark. So yes, you need a container with ample room for this one.

(Michael Iafrato ) #16

This this end up tasting like the red lobster biscuits. I love those things.

(ketohealthclub) #17

Someone had a good idea about using as a mild one of those plastic sandwich containers that are shaped like a slice of bread. Then you can use the 90 Second Bread for a sandwich or traditional toast.

https://goo.gl/images/7CRpsG

(ryancrawcour) #18

when you say TBS butter … is that melted butter?

(ketohealthclub) #19

It’s solid when I measure it.

(ryancrawcour) #20

but when you “mix all ingredients” do you melt it first? Or do you just beat it in to the flour?