Garlic and Chilli Peanuts

('Jackie P') #1

I know some people won’t eat peanuts either for health or self control issues, but I love them. I try and avoid buying ready roasted because of the oil and lack of skins, so I prepare them myself.

This is a fairly balanced article on the benefits, or not, of peanuts!

For 1kg raw peanuts

Finely slice about 6 garlic cloves and add as many, or as few whole dried chillies as you wish

Fry them in about 4tbsp of oil of your choice (I used a mix of olive oil and coconut oil)

Take out the chillies and garlic slices and coat the peanuts in the flavoured oil, add more if needed. Spread evenly on a baking sheet

Roast in a medium oven until they darken evenly, turning often. Usually 30 - 40 minutes.

Meanwhile make up a salt/spice mix of your choice

Let the nuts cool down and then mix them with the salt and fried garlic and chilli.
**NB take the chillies out if you are a little delicate. I usually do if I am sharing, (especially after the traumatic event of my poor Mum eating a whole chilli by mistake :no_mouth:) but as I am in self isolation I will live dangerously and add the lot :yum:

That is the 30g portion I allow myself each day!
Stay safe guys👨‍🚀

What Did You Keto Today? Part IV
(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #2

OMG, when I saw the headline I thought ‘that’s got me written all over it’!!!

I don’t buy nuts (because I don’t have an ‘off’ switch for nuts) but I am absolutely drooling at this recipe! Might have to get hold of some peanuts at some point…

('Jackie P') #3

I get them from Amazon! And if you make them hot you don’t eat them so quickly!
:yum:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #4

GENIUS!!! :hot_pepper: :fire: