Full Blune Carnivore June

I’ll get some house cleaning done and stack some firewood. Today is shopping day. I need bacon, eggs, beef (will see what is available) and I am enjoying eating lamb at the moment. I’m just going to settle into the carnivore plan and get out in the fresh air and moments of sunshine as best I can. Lectures have finished for this semester. So, I am grading student projects when the rain hits. But I am out rural/coastal at home, rather than the toxic city.

You know you want some shrimp or crabs legs.

Putting duck fat with lamb worked well. Chicken pate with fillet steak was good. Scallops and steak was good. Steak and prawns is amazing. Surf’n’turf is the way to go, eat the land and the sea.

Pescavory with hunting included. Hunting mammals is not so visible where I live. I know people shoot kangaroos. But they end up as pet meat. In the hills behind the capital city there are people who hunt feral pigs. Not sure if they eat them. Fish are different enough, alien enough to catch and eat. The killing of animals is quite unspoken in carnivore communities I think?

you sound like a whole new person :slight_smile: Our surroundings mean so much to our daily life don’t they? Stick a city person in the country and oh my…stick a country/nature person in a big city and they wither! I sure get you on that.

actually, no. on our strict carnivore threads that I am on we chat hunting, also farming our own livestock and butchery and more. Carnivores actually understand the cycles of life as meat being a normal food item and don’t shy away from chatting what a natural life is with our food supply. Nature life, natural animal foods and lifestyle situations that involve harvesting animals. Killing, never liked that word, for us farmers like me and my hubby being a hunter, we say harvest…sounds nicer for those who don’t like that word killing. Plus killing has that negative to it, harvesting food is a natural issue in life, I think when on sites like this that aren’t as filled with as many zc people the chat doesn’t come up as much maybe?

---------------food was simple

2 cheeseburger patties
some pork tenderloin and can of tuna/mayo

So today I got a lb. pork tenderloin to eat whenever and more food? not sure. Nothing is calling my name. Probably just a small Tbone steak or something.

I love when my food flips and its importance just fades! In that zone right now. Also doing great and feeling fine!

Carnivore on!

In the zone is the BEST FEELING EVER!!! YAY!

@FrankoBear… Hunting is a way of life where I live. For many folks, the deer(s) they get in the fall is the primary meat that eat from for the rest of the year. Opening day is like a national holiday here. My oldest daughter was about 10 or 11 when she bagged her first buck- in her pajamas, from her bedroom window. She’s learned it’s not always that easy, though. She hunts grouse and deer, then fishes the rest of the time. From deer, she’s learned to make venison jerky, along with a host of other meals.
In addition to hunting, we raise grass fed beef cattle, which, in the beginning, was quite a learning experience. After my husband shot one, he was able to get it hung on a frontloader. From there, he handed me the knives and said “Work your magic.” I gutted it, skinned it and together, we quartered it. Took the quarters to the butcher. We raise chickens and turkeys - all of which I get the distinct honor of butchering. To be honest, I’d rather fish. Wayyyyy less messy and uncomplicated.

Life was a little on the miserable side yesterday. Nursed that migraine all day Monday. My stomach is in the shambles after taking meds to keep the pain at bay. Managed to plant some of the garden. Had to force myself to get moving though. Had to force myself to eat also…I wasn’t at all hungry, but meds for migraines are only tolerable to me if there is food in the tum tum.

Going to finish my exercises, then go plant a few more squashies in the garden. Then…get ready for work. Ugh. 1-10 shifts for the rest of the week. Bleh.

I bought some compression pantyhose online, since no one has them around here - hoping it will help with my leg pain. Gotta wait 3 days for it to arrive, though. Geez, those things are expensive! They better work!

Anyways…enough of my babbling. HOpe you all have a lovely, blessed day! SB

(Alli) #125

Checking back in for June :slight_smile: this is mostly a mental health update as I have really learnt the value of remaining in ketosis to manage my ptsd symptoms.

Got derailed in May. Felt much better eating just beef and lamb so (as is typical for me and my desire to be ‘normal’) I decided I was cured and added back in leeks and courgettes. Got nasty teeth fuzz but no other reaction. Ate a couple of strawberries and oh boy, my ptsd symtpoms came back like within half an hour - from peace and chill to crippling fear and despair. This spiralled into a three day vanilla icecream binge while I ate my way through the rest of the working week trying not to have a breakdown while on videocalls. This weekend just gone I was able to alternate walking in the park with hiding in bed and eating burgers while I waited to get back into ketosis.

Got back into ketosis yesterday and my anxiety is almost non existent again. I have worries about actual things that are concerning in my life still, but the constant feeling I’m in mortal danger and existential hopelessness is gone, which is great because quite frankly those feelings suck and really wear me down.

So reading all the posts about honey has been interesting and icecream will remain delicious, but for the sake of my mental health and ability to live a life not dominated by ptsd, I will be sticking to fatty meat and water.

I’m back to eating just beef and lamb again. Mostly beef as burgers are easy and slow cooked flank is delicious.

I’m still histamine intolerant so I get my beef unaged from the butcher, batch cook it, freeze the burgers and flank portions, then reheat as needed. I use the juice drippings I get from cooking as a gravy on the burgers and eat the fat drippings cold with the burgers (easier on the stomach than the liquid stuff).

My partners vs my burger plate.

Pretty much got my routine down now and since going low histamine beef/lamb only, and eliminating pork and ghee, my bowels have settled right down which is great as I’ll need to be going out and travelling more soon.

Basically, I just need to remember that although burgers will sometimes become super boring, being bored is better than being crazy!

Full blune carnivore June let’s go :sunglasses:

(Karen) #126

Up for work at 4.30 … only because I awoke before my alarm was due to go off at 4.45am! After 3 steaks yesterday my tum wasn’t being kind to me this morning and was a bit hurty :roll_eyes: so my stair runs took a bit longer with a few toilet stops!

Took 400g of ham and 130g topside beef slices to work. Came home and have eaten about 120g cheddar.

A hot sweaty day at work.

Found my belt BTW a colleague had found it in reception and put it in his locker fearing it would go missing. Saved my bacon … so to speak lol. Def gone a bit senile lol all that whittling and lost sleep doh!

(Vic) #127

Uploaden: 20210616_081734.jpg… Uploaden: 20210616_080638.jpg…

Boiling eggs in a hotel kettle

(Vic) #128

So sorry on your troubles SB…has to be annoying as heck for you!
Yea, those darn meds can tear up the tummy, so many of us know that one, but wishing you to feel better and get ALL this figured out for you soon. Hope those compression hose help you in some way. Be sure to take care of you, rest up when needed, etc. Be nice to feel good again right when this is all straightened out for you!

I am super happy to read that you are in a better space now.
I tell you, sugar can wreck us in so many ways. Good thing is you see a lighted path for you on your food options, stay on that path and you feel so much better, very glad to hear you are back on that path! Sending great vibes to you for continued carnivore success! And so agree with you…our food even if feeling restricted sometimes is ho hum compared to other foods hurting our health very badly!! Burger on!!

@Karen18, very cool a person found your belt and put it up for you! Mystery solved, ya got it back!! :slight_smile:

@Carnivoor ----GENIUS! eggs in a hotel kettle! Love it :clown_face:

--------------- SO ALL going well. Just chillin’ and livin’ carnivore style!

yesterday was Tbone steak…big one and some leftover pork loin slices

Had some tough cravings had to fight. Since my mom is here hubby decided to hit the ‘over the top most decadent delish bakery’ we have in our area on his way home from work. A place I never shop in years now and he brought in some crazy fab cake (won’t go into detail…might make you guys crave now :frowning: and 1/2 doz. of the most over the top donuts. Luckily I despise donuts but I wanted to lick all the good off the tops, open them up and suck out the creams in the middle and the cake…omg. I wanted the whole damn thing! and I ain’t a big cake person either but this thing…yes I wanted it…I yelled internally that I wasn’t having it at myself LOL

I had to talk myself off a damn ledge…I was ready to take the fall and go all in and attack sugar but I knew…I knew after chatting with me for a bit that if I did the monster misery would start and I vowed I was not going ever into THAT misery again!!! So after just being pizzed at life I got a handle on it all.

You know what it is…I don’t like being surprised! If I know I will be around stuff and I am prepped and prepared etc. I ‘pre-talk’ to myself and feel comfortable…when surprised like this I get all crazy headed and crave. Kinda like when my kiddo wants to go to a carnival or amusement park or whatever in life I prepare the brain. I say no you aren’t gonna want all that stuff they offer and I am cool with it all…but when surprised I get jumpy.

I will work on that! I will put some type of ‘practice chat lines’ in place in my brain for when I get surprised with crap food in my face and everyone else is ohhing and ahhing over it and drooling LOL OK…I got a plan now that I think about it…a defense for myself geared at ‘surprise crap food’ that I want…hey that will work…now to get that settled in my brain! I am the type that requires defense thinking sometimes, most days I sail thru, some days are hard as hell as alot of you know too :slight_smile:

taking mom home later to her house.
got 2 cheeseburgers to eat when I get home and a 1 lb. pork tenderloin to cook up for second meal.

holding strong, zc’ing on! Everyone hold your ground, it is SO worth it~

:smiley:
I have defrosting liver in my fridge, 2 packages as they stuck but 1 kg is such a tiny amount so it’s fine! :smiley:

But nothing beats good pork ~
I just realized pork chops are wonderful for soups… I put the bone with still a lot of meat on them into my pot and the meat is so tender and tasty, I just ate some! I was surprised. I thought chops are horribly lean, not for me. I suspect these weren’t as lean, I saw fat, I tasted fat… A bit lean, I wouldn’t eat 1.5 pounds of roasted chops in one sitting, probably (it’s too easy to do with shoulders… mmm…) but in soup, the tasty parts around the bones? Awesome! I will buy chops again, Alvaro loves it roasted anyway. Though he eats it too slowly so I eat up my shoulders and the last slice of chop is mine too. It was surprisingly good. Maybe I learned not to dry out my roasts…?

My mood is pretty great now but my shoulder is sore after the second vaccine. But not purple like last time… Obviously nothing more serious, I am too healthy for that.

I even have more energy than usual! Not high energy, of course, that’s not me but definitely better. Yay.
I keep up my meat intake and hope for the best! :smiley:
And I woke up all by myself and didn’t need a lot of sleep!

Today I will have pork chop in the soup (looks little but it’s half a pound, it’s plenty of meat in my life… at least it used to be…) and liver! And eggs and I bought quark so it’s leaner protein day.

Tomorrow I get out some pork shoulders from the freezer. And I better buy something this week as my supplies are low. Only a little as I want to defrost my freezer, my next fridge will be so much better… So we eat out everything from the freezer as it’s summer.

My house is nice and cool but hotter times are coming…

I was in the city yesterday… It was SO LOUD! My head was aching all day :frowning: Usually it’s not so apparent as we go by car and Alvaro’s Mom lives in a nicer, less loud area. But she was at her friend now and I visited her there… Next to a huge road, it was awful. And in the streets? One can’t even use the phone, it’s so very loud!

I am so, so used to live on a hilltop (almost) between two small villages, between forests… Distant lawnmowers are fine. I don’t even hear dogs here often… Just chooks :smiley: It’s such a funny word for chicken :smiley:

There are hunters here as I live next to a wildlife park… But I don’t know much about that, I don’t even think I hear them… Unlike the soldiers more than 2 villages away… We have a locally famous pond with lots of fish though and most people here catch those and have a little house here due to that. But this year must be bad, I saw so many dead ones a few weeks ago :frowning:

I come here to talk about meat but well, I was in the city and I was the only one to eat Oti’s food and I was hungry… It wasn’t keto (but tasty and contained meat, it’s something). I felt great and got satiated with little. Then I messed up my evening for reasons but I still feel great. Okay, it doesn’t mean I should mess up my days this much EVER… But it surely doesn’t help me being motivated. My pork is much better at that.
But I still don’t have enough crunch in my life… I didn’t even felt much towards the culprit, it’s not so tasty or anything but it was Very Crunchy. I am a sucker for crunch! Sometimes I just have to eat something crunchy.

(Karen) #131

@Carnivoor when I was collecting prisoners for video link at work last week, I went to one cell which was like a sauna. I was like phew!!! This a hot hot hot cell and he said they had been boiling their kettle with a carton of condensed milk in it to warm it up for their mate across the landing who was baking them a cake … in his cell lol. I let him take the condensed milk over to the ‘baker’ I have no idea how he was going to make the cake as there is no cooking equipment in the cells and was kind of hoping it wasn’t a ‘spice’ cake :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes: :thinking:

(Karen) #132

@Fangs keep a strong mindset over those foody surprises. So many peeps would have caved and taken some and then beaten themselves up afterwards. I always used to say, it isn’t the last piece of cake in the world, there will be plenty more when you reach your goal … if you actually want it then. Perhaps imprint in your mind 2 images of yourself, one of you fat, lethargic and miserable eating the horrid carby cake and the other slim fit and smiley pushing it away.

Hypnotherapists tend to make people imagine something like maggots crawling out of whatever they are craving to put them off eating it.

Anyway well done at holding the will power.

I enjoyed this video from @Fangs media thread. The idea of ‘lean days’ when you are still carrying excess body fat.

NOFUN (No Food Until Noon) breakfat was 4 eggs and some cheddar cheese (45g) and a cup of coffee. Tonight was a delicious rib eye steak with hickory smoked bacon to add a start off cooking fat to the cast iron camp oven. I watched two surf videos and that was the perfect cooking time for medium rare. 2MAD, 16:8.

I listened to a nutrition podcast and caught some winter sun wearing my surf boardies (boardshorts) in a big round comfy camp chair - that was a long slow sipping coffee. I carried around some wood pallets, greased some squeaky doors, collected and carried 2 x 30 kg bags of mulch for the trees. I’ll be building more hexagonal tree gardens to keep the kangaroos and rabbits away from the young trees. They are made from discarded pine timber pallets and I plant them up as wall gardens with strawberries and native plant succulents that produce a salty fruit in summertime. A few days of fine weather coming up to the winter solstice. I need to collect some more firewood to reduce the bushfire fuel load and provide home-grown fuel. What i need for myself is a surf or a swim in the ocean and a long beach walk with the dog.

The clear days are cool and the locals are out and about in down puffer jackets. I know my mitochondria are decoupled and running on fatty acids as I am walking around in a t-shirt, jeans and boots. The carnivore eating is creating body heat. Add physical activity and I will melt. I can understand about Viking warriors getting about bear chested in winter.

A great insight. I can empathise strongly. It’s me on my own in the bear cave with Mrs. Bear away and I control the food. It is so good just having my menu. I shopped today. it was so fast compared to when I “family” shop. It’s good to have some alone time. With no surprises. It’s steadying.

This video was interesting - I have a copy of Lyle McDonald’s PSMF book from back in the day (one of the things I talk about a lot with other keto people is how much I circled around keto/carnivore-esque ideas for years).

The higher protein / higher fat debate is intriguing. Good watch. The ‘eat fat first, lean after’ was the Bear’s mantra too.

(Bob M) #136

I’ve been testing higher and lower fat lunches. I’m not carnivore, but keep close with my lunches. My non-carnivore items are typically olives, and sometimes Tajin Clasico seasoning.

This week, I’m having lean beef (eye of round, I think) with beef suet and olives. Next week, I’ll add some A2 cheese (eg, goat cheese or maybe sheep’s milk cheese) for more saturated fat and see what happens to my stomach.

I find I MIGHT like the higher fat variety better. But it’s a complex calculation, as if you eat just the lean beef, unless you add more beef, the calories go down. If you get hungry before dinner, is that due to fewer calories, higher protein, or both?

For instance, here’s a pound of eye of round roast:

If I ate 2 pounds of eye of round in a day, I’m only at 1,440 calories, but 266 grams of protein. That’s not enough calories for me. I have to eat something else. It’s also plenty of protein, much more than I need, even if I did body weight training.

It’s quite a complex analysis.

Appreciate you sharing - it’s interesting stuff, and you’re absolutely right: it’s so complex.

You see so many n=1 differences; people flourishing with higher fat and the idea that you have to ‘turn fat burning on’ like a tap, and without dietary fat, your body can’t access the fat stores. Others seem to go for the lean meat approach and as the Emmerichs said, the absence of fat seems to provoke the body into using body fat for energy.

It seems to be similar to the calorie discussion - the advocates of ‘this way of eating means I am satiated sooner and don’t need as many calories’ vs the people who adhere to the notion that you have to eat sufficient calories to convince the body that it’s well fed and can afford to use reserves; each person who tries an approach and has success with it will believe that they’re correct (because for them, they were, and they’re sharing their experiences to try to help).

It’s all fascinating, and difficult for people to know what to do for the best. That’s what strikes me the most - people embarking on this way of eating are seeking the optimum solution, but I think there isn’t one, as everyone’s situation and metabolism and fitness and dietary adherence is different.

I generally see this way of eating as having a baseline - animal foods + water, and then everything else is a lever. Some flourish on dairy, some don’t. Some have coffee, some don’t. Some add fat, some don’t. Some have condiments or alcohol or sauces or chocolate. Some eat lean protein, some don’t. Some exercise, some don’t.

So that’s how I approach it - do the basics (animal foods + water), and then the rest are levers to pull if you’re not getting the results you want. The eternal question is - which levers are the right levers for you and the goal you’re seeking?

Let alone that we’re not great judges of what our bodies are up to - there’s lots of posts on these forums about bodies repairing and we might be so focused on weight loss, we don’t notice that our skin has improved or our fingernails are growing more quickly etc because we don’t care about that goal, we just want to get in a smaller size piece of clothing.

So I always worry that we pull a lever too soon - adding fat or dropping calories etc - and actually our body was doing fine the way we were.

Which is why Kelly was at such great pains in that video, I think, to talk about long term stalls (such as the lady who has spent over a year at the same weight).

And that brings us full circle to the other problem - as much as I worry about pulling a lever too soon, there’s always the fear that you’re not pulling a lever soon enough and hampering your progress.

But then that’s what these threads are about; all of us experimenting, talking it through, and leaning on each for support. :blush:

(Bob M) #138

I definitely think if you have a long-term stall, you should try something different, and higher protein is definitely an option.

I saw Marty Kendall in a tweet say basically that if you eat fat, you won’t be burning fat, and he appeared to me to place the blame for that on the person: you MUST want to be FAT (his emphasis on “fat”) because you’re eating fat.

As someone who has tried high fat a la Jimmy Moore (high keto fat, not necessary high animal fat), and decided I could eat a lot of fat without getting “full”; then tried low fat, high protein a la Ted Naiman (tried to “prove” high protein = high blood sugar, but found for me that was not the case), I decided I liked lower fat better.

For instance, I’d rather eat ham than pepperoni or salami or other higher fat meats, which tend to upset my stomach.

I also tried the Croissant Diet (very high saturated fat, with “starch”), and found that the highest satiety I ever had was if I ate enough saturated fat. The satiety was BY FAR the highest I’ve had. And this is low, near zero protein, very high fat.

There were detriments, though. One was that if I didn’t hit an extreme amount of fat, I got low or no satiety effect. And, if I ate even when not hungry at all – and I mean NOT HUNGRY --, I could eat a normal meal. (I would eat high sat fat at lunch, but due to the pandemic, my family was home. I would think I would just have a “bite” to eat with them with dinner; and would eat a normal meal.)

To me, this means what I would call my “feedback mechanism” is messed up. Ghrelin, leptin, whatever else is supposed to kick in to tell me I don’t need more calories, doesn’t. I’ve found I have to eat less than becoming full, then at some time later, say 1-2 hours, I’ll actually get “full”. Doesn’t make a lot of sense.

Thus, I’m 100% with you in trying different things and seeing what is better for you.

And perhaps it can even change over time. I’ve found, for instance, that I can eat hot dogs (another one that makes me ill if I have just them) or processed meats like pepperoni/salami, if I “dilute” them with ham or other leaner meats. So, often I’ll still have sliced ham, but I’ll add some fattier meats to them.

@Karen18 ya know that is a great idea for my mind meld with surprises and a plan…when surprised and irked…think the worst, I got surprised with snakes on a plate hissing and covered in filth or maggots…you know you hit on a great trick/tip for me. I will incorporate that cause usually when surprised with anything crazy in the food world my mind goe to ‘deprivation, desire, unfairness’ and more yet I best replace that fast. I love it, thank you!

@FrankoBear that was a great response. "It’s steadying’’ and it is when we totally have our control over our meals and we feel SO comforted by that but yet the mean mad world is out and about, enveloping us and darn, we all got family members who are not carnivores! :slight_smile: It is a tough rollercoaster but you made great points showing how great and easy your shop/lifestyle truly is vs "against them’ ya know and I feel it too…make sure ya don’t go the other way, getting irked ‘at them’ cause I went there for a bit…in the end let everyone do their own thing and find that best place for us, we have to adapt around the horror food out there for sure, on our shoulders I guess :slight_smile:

@ctviggen problem is when you chat carnivore and fat and ‘too much protein’ only thing I as a true carnivore can’t get around is what else you truly are eating…as in you can’t ever compare fat/protein levels etc. with a ‘ketovore’ against a ‘all in hardcore carnivore’…the entire concepts do not relate.

having said that carnivores do not put some ‘magical fat/protein equation one has to meet ever’ on ourselves in that there never will be one…we are all different.

It truly is not a complex analysis on carnivore and when I answer up to Septimius in a response to his post you will see where I am going…

@Septimius YOUR POST WAS FANTASTIC truly. I enjoyed reading all your insights and they are great ones to boot :100:

I love this: people embarking on this way of eating are seeking the optimum solution, but I think there isn’t one, as everyone’s situation and metabolism and fitness and dietary adherence is different.

and I am gonna drag that a tad farther…one must be ALL IN carnivore to start :slight_smile: and then it is 1000% about that person. Alot of us carnivores say wow I got that healed too, my energy is high too, my ‘insert med issues’ have cleared more and I am thriving more…wow me too…there is alot of me too but in the bitter end of it all, we will all vary tremendously as you see when other carnivores come on and say, wow I have issues with…most of that is time. Adaption time and it isn’t about protein fat intake ever, it is about body healing. No one’s physical body will equal anothers is the big take away I see on ZC forums all the time and those who hold tight, win the entire war, those who ‘try to experiment a tad to much and force issues’ don’t end up winning the entire war, they fight battle after battle and continue the war.

now the next part also is as much as people on forums say they are carnivore, many are eating who knows what the heck behind their keyboards…so we must always keep things in perspective when we ‘read what others’ are handling ya know. (just something I truly keep in mind on our ZC forums when I respond to posts…this WOE and Lifestyle truly absorbs many to its fullness but so many try and can’t do it but we will never hear about it ya know…just one of those things.

Now on carnivore we don’t play the protein intake level game, we don’t play the how much fat intake level game truly, not by what someone tells you to do on youtube or podcast or article…WE ARE about our bodies and what it asks as it asks it and a carnivore will change on the body’s timeline and not ever one other reason.

one of the big key sayings in carnivore is GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY cause if you do just this and eat truly as your body asks when it asks it, we can’t fail…but it will be on an individuals timeline and not anything else.

We start carnivore we crave it all. big meat big fat intake and we love it.

A year in we find, hmmm…that burger I ate isn’t settling as well, many don’t do as great on burger fat as others so we might need to consider that or we find we WANT to start dropping bacon and ‘extra snacks’ of beef sticks or pork rinds cause our bodies are saying, hmm, walking away from this and we all get this point, we see it…go with the flow.

Then year 2 we get very very non hungry maybe, we are more nourished, more healed and our bodies say, hmm, eat less, I don’t need it…and people get freaked. See it all the time on zc forums…lol…yea I was one too :slight_smile: It is like I am eating hardly nothing but feeling the best I ever been…cool but we worry

then year 3 we change again with needing more food to eat to maybe change the body composition and to gain muscle so we eat more and think? WTH? I was eating almost OMAD only and now I NEED 2 meals per day cause I want it and yet we don’t ‘just follow the body’, we start to worry

Now in year 4 I am now changing again. Summer I eat so much less. 1.5 down in June for weight cause I am eating less BUT THE KEY HERE is I let it happen. Life. Seasons. Just eating as the body wants and nicest thing is about carnivore, when winter hits and I eat more carnivore I will never gain…I tell ya when the gaining ‘for real bigger weight’ starts this is where I question a few things…what is the person’s full on medical issues and what ‘else’ are they eating?

And you are 1000% right @Septimius, this thread is for throwing out info, experiments and wondering what ifs for sure and when we chat them out and just let the thoughts flow we can find A TON of great info in them for sure or we see faults we didn’t know were there in our calculations and might learn when ‘to leave good enough alone’ and more LOL :slight_smile:

I sure am enjoying this chat!

I have found after lots of tracking and various WOE that I maintain at about 1800 kcal and the macro breakdowns don’t seem to matter that much.

I do find that if i don’t each the right ratio of fat/protein that my ketones drop significantly and i lose the mental clarity I feel with higher ketones which really helps me through my workday. While I’d like to eat say 150grams of protein to support my muscle building efforts that seems to drop my ketones.

I wind up at maybe 100gram protein (400kcal), 150 gram fat (1350kcal) plus some extraneous carbs (say 50 kcal). That keeps me around 1800kcal. Lately I’ve probably been coming in even lower than that on protein and higher on fat, i haven’t been in the mood to measure/track everything.