Frosting

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

Here’s a new frosting recipe I invented today. I used it to frost cupcakes I brought to a keto meet up. I had left over and I ate that with blackberries tonight. Keto is so hard.

Frosting:
8 oz cream cheese (use Philadelphia brand full fat, it has less carbs)
2 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp butter extract
1.5 teaspoons coconut extract
3 Tablespoons confectioners Swerve

Enough heavy whipping cream to thin the frosting out to spreading consistency. I used about 3 tablespoons with this much cream cheese.

(Candy Lind) #2

I don’t have any love left, but thanks for helping us make it easier. Is that your excellent chocolate cake under there?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #3

Yaaaasssssssss

(Jay AM) #4

I hate you…please mail me some?

(Trish) #5

I have bookmarked this thread for future reference! @Brenda is swerve one of the sweeteners that elevate insulin?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #6

Unfortunately every single sweetener on the market elevates insulin. You might want to use a blood glucose meter and see if it affects your blood glucose but I’m not sure what the point of that is since every single sweetener raises insulin and insulin is the thing we’re trying to keep low

Make it yourself, it looks simple enough.

(Lauren) #8

I make something similar to eat with a few strawberries. Yum!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #9

Pfffft. That’s it. In the corner with you. After you mail her some frosting. Lol :wink:

(Jay AM) #10

I don’t have a kitchen. I might be able to use a whisk to get it incorporated but, I’m not sure how well it’ll come out that way. Cream cheese is fairly thick.

(Trish) #11

I’m going to do that one day @Brenda. I will take my fasting BG then have 2 oz of water with x sweetener in it and then retest at T30, 60, 90 and 120. If I understand it correctly, if I am reactionary then my BG should go down because since I’ve not introduced actual glucose but my pancreas is reacting I. E. Putting out insulin, the insulin will lower existing BG by shuffling it into cells etc. So bottom line, if BG goes down then I react and should avoid item x. If BG stays the same them I’m nonreactive and could possibly have item x in moderation.

Why?

(Jay AM) #13

I drive and live in a miniature semi truck.

Oh, I’m sorry to hear that.