FreshMeatFebCarnivore!

(Edith) #26

Did you do something to fix it or did it right itself on its own?

(Judy Thompson) #27

Hope you get some sleep @Fangs. I think at some point, you won’t have a choice! :crazy_face:

We finished lunch about half an hour ago. I did a bacon cheeseburger stack but the bacon was too hard so I passed most of it along. I’m already a little hungry again! Sheesh.

I kept waiting for the sous vide machine to get unpacked but it doesn’t seem to be here. I ordered another one. They’ve come down a lot in the past year. I guess I’ll have one for here and one for VA :wink:
I started a batch of L. Reuteri yogurt, it will be done tomorrow night. The colonoscopy Dr wants me to do Probiotics so this combo will put me over the top. It takes 36 hours so will be done tomorrow night, then you eat ½ c a day.

Here was my lunch-

(Karen) #28

Stair running this morning… been doing it 6 days a week and resting on Sundays, seems to work… still doing the dumb bell work first thing after stair running and on sundays so i guess sundays aren’t a complete rest lol. Started including situps too as i think the tum needs toning up again… can’t let myself go to the dogs just yet :grin:

Had a bit of a late brunch today at Asda about 3pm 2 fried eggs 2 rashers of bacon and one very small sausage. Dinner, about half 6 was belly pork done in the oven and just had a tin of sardines (10pm)

(Bob) #29

I stopped my weight loss (because adipose tissue is stored triglyceride) and started taking fenofibrates and mega-doses of niacin (in the form of nicotinic acid) when my trigs almost hit 3000.

(Geoffrey) #30

Venison stew for my first meal then I went fishing. After I got home it was a nice lamb steak.

@Fangs Cheryl challenged us to try carnivore in November 2019.

Not much has changed since then… EXCEPT OURSELVES! :laughing:

Eggs and experimentation for breaking daily fasts.

I am watching a recent medical school lecture on atrial fibrillation (heart arrhythmia) from an US university that talks about caffeine and alcohol. I don’t think they mean together, as in an espresso martini, but some recent updated findings in relation to the increasing numbers of people affected by this disease. Interestingly the growth in numbers reflects many of the metabolic ills of modern society. So, one must ask, are we looking at another cow in the herd? Is atrial fibrillation in it’s increasing numbers another signal of general population metabolic disease?

Last night was a cattleman’s steak. About 500g of beef once cooked, well salted to taste. Too big to cook in a pan, so sealed and then oven baked. Previous night was fried lamb chops.

The conference where I presented a talk at another university campus was a food rude culture shock. Pastries and coffee on arrival, same at morning tea, lunch was plant based calorie counted tiny meal, afternoon tea of biscuits and ice cream, and then a sundowner of deep fried in oil snacks and many vegetarian options. It was carnivore Hell. Sleepy afternoon scholars. So, I opted to fast and eat beef ribs afterwards.

LOL very very true JJ! I conked out for the longest nap of my life in the afternoon :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

hard bacon, ICK, I know it too well, nasty isn’t it :slight_smile:

Hope you like your new sous vide ya got coming. did ya order same brand or try out a new gadget?

too funny! :crazy_face::crazy_face::crazy_face:
How is your DD doing? I hope very well still! Got her still in my thoughts and prayers!

WOOOOW

@Geezy56, ok, you are now a zc fashion photographer! That pic is amazing and yes, I want that!!

OHHH, seems SO long ago and wow how this thread has been roaring along since then, with you and me, Cheryl and keto daisy and secondbreakfast and barefoot bob, septimius and so many fab others we always had a blast chatting with thru the years! Memories, wow.

I stopped all caffeine and rarely drink anymore due to heart PVCs. I tell ya I corrected a very nasty situation I was heading into with literally my menu. I think caffeine is a big poison to our systems for sure. well, I can say for me it sure was hell. along with that damn fake sweeteners in my diet soda…2 best things I dumped in my life. no caffeine I think for me was a key factor in changing my PVC issue for sure.

carnivore hell, know it so well being in those damn situations. watching the bloated carby people the going a bit brain dead and into slug land, lol…hey I was one of them, but HA not now :slight_smile: you did good thru that!!

------------defrosting a smaller sized Boston Butt pork roast and cook that to gear at dinner so hubby can partake. first meal will be that sirloin steak and pair with shrimp. Need to hit store for more shrimp and gotta keep in mind I need to start using up those crab legs before they get too much freezer time. ahh, carnivore problems right? HAHA

all going very well, my Feb seems easy, calm, food focus simple, nothing taxing at all in my WOE—

I wrote this yesterday… Sigh. I hoped I can just write a small one today but this leftover, nope.

Understandable, even my thinking is like that quite often. But I am surrounded with plant food all the time and even eat off at least a bit… I just wanted to express that NO WAY I ever would think it’s wrong not to do strict carnivore or that dairy and egg wouldn’t be carnivore when I don’t even think it’s necessarily always wrong eating natural sugar :smiley: One just should know themselves and eat accordingly. And as I always say, amounts matter (sometimes the amount should be zero though). Of course, it’s less so on carnivore… It’s like vegetarianism just without the zero tolerance policy for most. One can’t do the vegetarian diet with 2g lard and 1g meat a week but a carnivore may drink coffee or use a little spice… Or even a tad more, it’s not the same for everyone, apparently.
It was so odd as I have the other potential problem, I don’t restrict things enough sometimes, I am too indulgent and don’t try hard at all… I can’t do it any other way and I don’t need carnivore as badly as many others but doing it my way does slow me down… Compared to the hypothetical stricter method that isn’t very realistic for me… But I enjoy myself better this way and that’s very important as it’s the main drive in my life, health is more important but there isn’t a conflict there.

Did I say we have a super sunny, warm day…? I had to undress to a T-shirt, inside (I exercised a bit) and outside alike! And no heating upstairs, we have SUN! My room has sunlight but it warms up Alvaro’s room too, eventually, to a lesser but very noticeable extent.
Even the radio talks about spring in present tense :smiley: Though it’s not actually here, it just very much feels so. It’s like a warmer spring day.
I am curious about this March. Last year(?) we had -20C (that’s negative even in Fahrenheit! the coldest we could get here, it happens once per few years) on the 1st (after a warmer February) and once we had sudden thick snow on the 15th.

Allegedly, some people have violets! We have plenty when it’s time but that’s not now. We only have spring flower leaves. They are sooo cute. Normally February is cold, more or less gloomy and I am soooooooooo tired of winter. But this one started so sunny and warm… Very windy too. I try to collect the corn leaves in front of the house. It’s so messy but the field just next to us had corn last year :frowning: So it’s everywhere now. I can’t do this alone, someone need to keep the bag open, it’s hard enough without the wind but with it, even Alvaro doesn’t have enough hands for it (my hands are used to grab the leaves)…

Garden work will start soon… Not very soon, I don’t sow super early plants… Need to dig up the veggie patch though, I never can do it before the frost as I always have plants still in the soil… And I will dig elsewhere too, last 2 times when we cooked over open fire, there was a lot of mud around it. I have plenty of stone tiles or whatever those are called so I will make a little stone floor there. It will do good to the stability of the benches too. I just need to figure out what to do with the huge roots coming of the soil there.

I will try to write less, really. I almost wrote a lot about Hungarian again, I am into language details very much now, it’s so fun and different :smiley: Like omitting the substantive verb and pronouns really often… That must be hard when learning too… And why to use 6 words when 1 is enough… Our verbs can handle plenty of little things glued to it at the same time. It must be very difficult to learn when one isn’t a baby surrounded with the language.

[…]
So, it’s Tuesday. I had a long walk to the post office and back (it’s so good I sold those tiny land particles, when it reaches the point where I get informed about that change, it will be the last one. an agro company went on a buying spree, good except all the letters I get due to it), sunny and WARM, t-shirt time! I need to find my thinner pants… And buy some more, I already had troubles before winter but still had something to wear…

I had lunch but a small one. Small soup with little pork, a poached egg and Greek yogurt. Sour cream is better for soups, I expected that but had to try. Scrapmeat so not too lean! I will make lard and scratchings from the meaty parts. That is always a joy. I had some deviled eggs and coffees with whipped cream (but only one coffee at a time! progress. I love whipped cream so I don’t use the bare minimum now).

I fry up the rest of the not so fatty pork for dinner or rather tomorrow.

Oh I tracked my yesterday. This time half of my calories came from meat :wink: It’s usually way less but it’s normal when I eat much lean meat.
522g meat (wow. but I was low lately, it was expected I will go higher), 155g protein, 107g fat, <20g carbs. Pretty good for a day with a bigger eating window than what I like…
And I wished to eat more meat in the evening but already ate up what I made so I ate lots of cheese too. And smoked pork chuck, it’s too convenient to have it. Alvaro likes it in his scrambled eggs only while I prefer it raw. It’s just a bit too salty to be perfect eaten alone.

So I am not displeased but I can do it better…

So pretty :heart_eyes:

One day I bring a photo too. I either forget or I get discouraged as we totally lack the right equipment to make a proper shot. Sometimes I mention it to Alvaro but he takes his sweet time to buy a new lens. We never had a tablet or phone with even remotely decent photo making abilities.

@Karen18: The pork belly looks beautiful… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: So lovely colors. I like my meat less fatty but it takes away nothing from the aesthetics (and I have my bigger fat percentage loving times too).

@Geezy56’s food is too raw for me, sorry. But I am always a tad envious when I read about lamb. Next time when we go to the city, we will visit the hypermarket (it was so long…) and will find some mutton, most probably!

Is that a thing? Well what isn’t a thing and it sounds good (coffee with something not salty tends to sound good to me, I am not a martini fan though)… I just put rum into my coffee now and then. I have a tiny bottle, that lasts almost forever. Not in February though as it’s not carnivore and booze is one non-carni item I actually can stay away from… If we doesn’t count my flavorings, I still cling to then especially the vanilla one for my egg milks and desserts.

And my hell in every point of my life. And Alvaro’s hell. And hell for most people I suppose. Where was the food? Nutritious, protein-rich, proper amount food? I would think a lunch is supposed to be more than some light snack for most people… And that is just the lunch…

I don’t think it changed so much for me. I never had carbs as my main macro and my energy drops after eating on any diet… Of course it’s better with less carbs but it’s more subtle for me.
I probably would feel super awful on HCLF but I only could test it for one day and I just disliked my food, I wasn’t even hungry! The egg fast was worse. I don’t plan to repeat either experiments. I have ideas for so much better ones on carnivore. Like today I thought I am pretty ready to try some mostly meat days. Just a few, that sounds realistic. I need supplies (fish - preferably some fatty, tasty one too -, fowl ,pork and ruminant meat, various but good processed stuff…)!
But first I try to get rid of my still existing tiny extras. My deviled eggs had some tomato as I made the filling mostly for Alvaro and he only likes that. I won’t make 2 different kinds if I don’t make a lot for myself. But maybe tomorrow will be different. I keep tea, coffee and very little spices, maybe a tad of mustard but that’s it. Sometimes I just start a carni time in January in a cold turkey way and apparently sometimes I need a loooooooooooooong time to become as strict as I can be. Very temporarily but it’s me I am talking about…

I realized even pork chuck can get a freezer taste. I don’t think I was that sensitive before but now I am. I finally got my last pork chuck roast slice from the freezer and it had an off extra taste.

(Karen) #34

@Fangs Sian and baby doing very well so far. She went to midwifes appt last Wednesday and the midwife thought her bump wasn’t big enough and booked a scan for last Friday. I held my tongue but wanted to ask how many babies the midwife thought she was having! I think she has got big very quickly… i didn’t look more than 3 month pregnant with either her or my son but having said that i guess they are taking no chances and Sian was reassured on Friday that everyrhing was perfectly normal. She keeps sending me little videos of her belly moving :blush:

I went to bed about half 1 last night and woke once or twice and then slept in till 1040! Fitbit registered 8.5 hours sleep. I couldn’t believe the time… hate sleeping in. Finished sewing the hems up on my gear on the machine so that i would feel i hadn’t completely wasted the day then after some scrambled egg (2 large eggs) with tinned tuna went over and picked Raymond up and we went to a 3 storey, crammed full antique shop at Heanor for a rummage round and a cuppa in their cafe before coming home for dinner
Dinner was a tray of piri piri chicken wings and 4 beef burgers. Cooked the burgers in the oven in yesterdays belly pork fat. They tasted more like meat loaf so i won’t oven cook them in future, pan frying is better.

Mom didn’t even need pregnant clotches, merely a bit looser one. No one was with her when I was born because the staff told her it surely will be a miscarriage as she had no belly! (Yep, it was a horrid place with horrid people, some were nice though). Some people have an anatomy where a smaller baby just doesn’t show much. Little water, no fat gain on the mother… It happens.

But the main thing they are well! I am glad to read that and my best wishes for the future too!

I had a bad sleep :frowning: So I was a bit miserable in the morning but I did this and that and the weather is perfect, ate too so now it’s much better.
I FORGOT cooking my meat, how can that happen? I wasn’t THAT braindead zombie today but cooked other things for myself and the meat was forgotten. So I will eat it for dinner. Now I had so, so many eggs and much cheese… I made a new food, flavoring inspired by pizza, I call them spongy flowers as the cheese piece on top stays low and the dough puff up at every side… I cut the cheese into hexagons and pentagons today… Some are fully carnivore but all are at least quite close. And I even made photos but I just can’t make a decent one with this lens, all become so bad. Oh well, I show one, too harsh light, at least it wasn’t done with 1 hand like the scratchings, those shots became even more useless.

I can’t shot them from a proper angle since I only have macro lenses. Maybe I really try the tablet next time, it’s not that bad outside, only horrid inside due to lack of enough light.

I made wonderful though a tad burnt scratchings, ate all the black ones (bitter… I don’t fear charcoal as I ate them with my food all my life. I always could cook when I tried, I am merely absent-minded a bit, other times too optimistic or the oven wasn’t cooperative… it’s always on me with induction cookers, they are good and I have total control. except when the new one is way too strong even at 200W. we can’t cook rice on that one - at least not in the rice cooker pot - and as rice is Alvaro’s number one staple by far, it’s very important for us). And I ate some not burnt pieces as well :slight_smile: Yum. Good stuff for making carni OMAD possible but I can’t resist so I ate it today, it probably will be a TMAD day.

The cooking history channel had a carni food this time, deviled bones :smiley: I sooo like that term, I will use it :smiley: Hot chicken bony leftovers, he used wings. And there was talking about how it was a food for the very poor. Wings are one of the worst pieces of the chicken, after all, too much bone, little meat. I do understand if one likes it a bit more but yep, too bony and tiny. Turkey wings and necks? Great, lots of meat. But the same parts of a chicken? Borderline cat food. Even more so if the wing contains the last, meatless part as well. And it’s not even good for soups for me as it’s too fatty due to the skin. And I don’t like cooked skin. But at least it doesn’t pollute the liquid with ZILLION super tiny bones and bone fragments like chicken frame does…
So it was almost everyone who didn’t consider chicken wings being a good part but then things changed. Even here. Wings are more expensive than thighs! Good for me as I prefer thighs - but cheap chicken is tasteless so it’s almost a moot point. (How Alvaro’s Mom can make it better than I can I don’t know. But she has some insane skills at soups too.)
And one commenter wrote about $4/lbs chicken FEET! What. It’s very, VERY beloved by many here but it’s still a super cheap part. Meatless animal parts are usually quite cheap even when popular. Of course, some high-quality smoked Mangalica fat is different but that is an exception. Mangalica is always pricier than normal pork.

enjoyed reading your post!

yea I found that to be true also S. I am way more sensitive to freezer taste on my meats now. probably cause that is all I eat, taste. I don’t cover it with sauces, or eat sides with it, or use herbs etc. so that freezer taste real fast can become an issue for me. I so agree with you on this one!

Sorry on your bad sleep S! ugh me too lately being off but I feel I am going back to normal pattern now. hope you do too!!

Ohhhh that is a wonderful update on your DD. thanks for sharing K!
Super happy she is doing so well.

When I was 9 mos. preggo I was still slinging around 70 lb bales of hay at the barn LOL In fact no one knew I was 9 mos preggo either, I have a very long torso and would mostly wear my loose flannel barn shirts out and about. Funny story is I shop my local store and I come in with a baby in a carrier to shop and my cashier lady I knew forever said, who’s kid? I said mine! She is like–you were preggo this whole time?? She was floored LOL I still laugh about that this day. Too funny actuallly. I never gained weight tho, only 19 lbs thru whole preg time, I ate very well and watched gaining baby weight so I never looked off to people in a way I guess and being a longer torso gal I guess I never looked that rounded preggo tummy too…crazy HAHA Yea I fit into that weirdo category sometimes :slight_smile:

----------today is simple. got ribeye steak, yea ribeye again I need to finish up----so waiting on a NY Strip steak or Tbone sale to hit-----and gonna eat shrimp tonight. with shrimp might do burger or ‘‘might’’ make alfredo sauce to give me that extra satiaty I require with just shrimp…will see, but will make it a simple shrimp and something meal.

zc rockin’ strong!

(Karen) #37

@Fangs shrimp is always an extra to something more substantial for me! Mind you i expect your shrimp to be as big as lobster while ours are usually pretty small. King Prawns are maybe your shrimp hahah

Stayed in today, was ready to go out with Raymond but he called and said his legs were bad after the stair climbing yesterday in the antique shop!

Todays food 2 sea bass fillets panfried in butter followed straight away by bacon done in the same pan… lovely, spicey chicken wings, sirloin steak and just eating anchovy fillets.

Wasn’t hungry at dinnertime, barely take a few bites (more scratchings, how could I say no? :smiley: and some leftover bites to make tracking easier and to get some protein too).
I still managed to overeat a little [EDIT: Nope I had a wrong row in my tracking]. Yeah, the scratchings were serious (though this is the unusual time when I track more fat than what I eat. normally I track less for sure as I choose the fattiest leanish pork slabs and I give the leanest part to Alvaro… my scratchings contain meat too, little but still and some of the weight was charcoal today… still, it wasn’t little fat) and low-meat meals aren’t so satiating.
216g meat (super low but when I finally cooked my pork, I wasn’t hungry for normal food. for more scratchings, any time but that’s different :upside_down_face: ) - and now the edited, more right numbers: 98g protein, 147g fat. And higher carb (I mean, over 20g, still very very safely keto for me), mostly lactose, maybe I should be a bit more careful with milk. I blame the coffees (I used ice cream for the first one but I run out of cream and Alvaro wanted to use the milk anyway…).
I am tentatively pleased, I feel really full and I am very hopeful I won’t feel hungry later despite the quite low protein. In my world. 120 is already risky but below 100?! Maybe 100 if the scratchings were meaty enough…

Tomorrow I will behave, I really feel ready for it now. I have meat and everything! Plenty of pork but I cooked turkey for tomorrow as Alvaro has no veggie food left so it’s my job to cook something for him. It works so well, he makes something (usually plant-based) in the weekend, he eats it for 1-4 days and then I cook. After all those plants+boiled eggs day, he welcomes some meat but he is usually not against that unless if he ate meat since several days. I can cook some eggs then. I only cook split peas (the easy super boring thing that doesn’t need extra thickening) when there are way too many days to cover. That’s good as I dislike it (unless someone converts it into a dahl… I still love tomato and that transforms it. I still couldn’t eat much of it though) so no temptation. But it’s boring even to make it so whenever I can, I just share my own meal, easy and good! Even if he is totally unable to eat it alone. I wonder what would happen in a carnivore apocalypse…

I try to stop drinking coffee already :frowning: It just complicates things, it doesn’t help and I don’t even like it (without lots of whipped cream sometimes).

Egg lady called, another 20 eggs, yay! We have plenty but below 100 so it’s very much welcome! Pork chuck sale in the local supermarket, I will buy so much meat tomorrow… As I need my usual leanish pork as well, that is the default not so fatty meat when I don’t have turkey. (I don’t like lean fish much so that is just a little addition.)
Pork chuck is the BEST. When it has no freezer taste. That single slice really wasn’t a joy to eat :frowning: Good I ate the rest when they were still great.

@Fangs: Nice to read stories like this, after all this time I know so much about you people who are here a lot, talking about other things than food too :slight_smile: It’s good when someone isn’t just some stranger where I may have some idea about the fav foods but that’s it. It may be fun just knowing the eating habits but this is even better.

Warm, sunny weather again, great for my walk! It will be small, just an hour as Alvaro brings me back with car. We pick up an order, get 3 liters of carbonated water, get the eggs from the egg lady and meat from the supermarket…

I got hungry last night, wondered about it and ate my soup with a boiled egg in it. It did the trick and it’s not much! I don’t want to ruin my sleep going to bed a bit hungry. I slept well now but I managed to find my bed before I fall asleep, that always helps…

People do garden work now, no wonder. I will start it soon as well. I have time as I don’t sow super early seeds. Like parsley. I have a ton anyway, I keep finding them everywhere. We almost never use them but if we still need some leaves, we have it. So I put them into their own little row :slight_smile: They are cute. Leaves suit my garden so I am more indulgent with them especially when they are pretty. Swiss chard is very pretty (we have bright red/darkish, very pretty green ones) but I only keep a few as it’s inedible and I don’t need many for beauty either. Even Alvaro can’t do anything with it. (It is edible, technically but it is tasteless so useless. I don’t put pretty tasteless things on the table.)

But first we get spring flowers!!!

(KM) #40

I always did the chard with fatty smoked ham, broth and vinegar, onion and garlic. We have a green here similar to chard, called collard, that’s a southern staple food cooked that way, Obviously not carnivore, but tastier for Alvaro?

yea I do buy the jumbo sized Aussie ones that are frozen. The ones from Australia are so darn good vs. other bagged frozen for me. I do see yours are that smaller ‘what I calabash size’ around here. But darn they all do taste good tho right? :slight_smile:
Your spicy wing pic looks so darn good…hey are you still handling spicy ok? I had to dump my buffalo wings, I can’t handle the hot taste anymore, more my tummy won’t take it, but my lips still love it HA

Very true S~! I know you some of you guys way better than I know my own neighbor down the road HA

-----woke up without a food focus. nothing saying cook me.
hmmmm today might be the day first meal is tackle using up some of those darn crab legs in the freezer. Got like 12 lbs to use up…I am thinking, first meal just cook as many damn crab legs as it takes to FILL ME UP…and that might be the full 12 lbs. I don’t know LOL might be an interesting experimental crab leg day for me. but key is not use alot of dip butter, cause that butter makes it such a rich meal I kinda shut down on eating more than the 2-3 lbs I could easily eat if not for that butter involved. OK might challenge me today :slight_smile:
will see it rolls.

We have these super tiny shrimps here, and some bigger but still smallish ones. I wouldn’t complain if they wouldn’t cost so very, very much. I rather buy deer for a way lower price… Shrimps are lovely but not flavorful enough for their price, they just don’t worth it for me.

I accidentally bought pork shoulders instead of green ham. Oh well, not a big deal, I just don’t have lean meat now. But is that a problem? :smiley:
I don’t need the extra lard but it won’t spoil and if I roast it, most fat will stay inside.
Fattier meat suits my budding OMAD anyway. Today I skipped lunch@ Well, had a tiny one. I ate a deviled egg and drank a coffee with egg milk. And some scratchings and tiny butter. It’s good, this little won’t make me super hungry right away. If I eat more, I can’t stop until I had a proper sized meal. But I am not really hungry yet so it will work out very well.
One reason to wait was that the turkey drumsticks took their sweet time. Alvaro had deviled eggs for lunch, the turkey will be our dinner. We figured out that if I eat some fatty bites at lunch, I may luck out and join him for his usually early dinner. It never was okay for me to join him for lunch AND dinner as the two are about 2 hours apart, sometimes less and even I don’t get hungry that quickly after a substantial carnivore meal. And I get hungry in 30-60 minutes after a small one in the rare case where I can stop to begin with…

I will need to get used to this. I always liked to eat at 2-3pm, it came very naturally to me and school lunches were there too. I tend to lose my perfect satiation until then even if I don’t necessarily get hungry yet let alone in an annoying way. Some cute hunger is fine.

We will see. I obviously will have TMAD days too but maybe I will have plenty of OMAD ones as well.

Alvaro found some cheaper vegs so he is all excited about his turkey curry. I probably will taste it (fishing out the meat parts) but that’s it. The turkey is 1180g so pretty small, I only take the 180g for myself. And the tiny taste. I just can’t ignore his meaty dishes when almost all of that kind of meat goes into it. And eating my own drumstick today won’t help enough. But I mostly will let him have it. It lasts for more days and my cooking will get easier.

Wait. We have pork loin! No complete lack of lean pork then. But it’s partially for Alvaro’s so I can’t just fry it up for myself, we need to coordinate and I need to wait until the turkey curry gets eaten. 1kg meat lasts WAY longer for Alvaro than for me (though I wouldn’t eat much fowl either. I can’t help it with the drumstick, it’s ONE drumstick… tried to imagine cutting off a piece and leave it, nope, not realistic).

So, turkey day. It won’t be low-protein, to put it lightly. As I still need some eggs and pork, turkey just isn’t substantial enough. BUT with one proper meal only… We will see :slight_smile:

The turkey is pretty and unusual enough that I will put some effort into shooting it.

We may try, it sounds nice… He is different with green leaves, he loves spinach :scream: Well in the right situation I could eat 10-20g of it too… But he just goes and cooks 3kg :smiley: Poor thing, it happened, like, once or twice since I tried out carnivore… But it can’t be that important for him then… :thinking: He still can buy frozen vegs if he likes, he just can’t store it in the freezer, it must be cooked immediately.
But he never was into the chard. I just looked at the wild ones, 10-12 around the garden sometimes, big and very, very beautiful… I know it’s edible in soups but still meh and anyway, I stopped making veggie soups and my meat soups usually only contain meat, not vegs. Hard to use up many of those gorgeous leaves.
I am sure they can be filled with meat too. Like grape leaves. Mom did that :slight_smile: Hungarians usually use saurkraut leaves for that (it’s a super popular traditional dish, with rice but it works without :wink: ) but grape is good too (if big enough).
It’s not that important, it can’t have much nutrition and it’s not tasty by itself but it’s nice to use what we have…

I doubt I will eat again today so my tracking is finished. I had an OMAD-ish day, my only proper meal was between 6 and 7pm (Alvaro took his sweet time today and I wanted to eat together. I wasn’t very hungry but I had the loss of focus and this time even a serious drop of energy, that’s not good if I want to do something).
I didn’t want my whole turkey drumstick, 60g is left :slight_smile: Had a tiny bit of pork, little eggs and my dessert (that seems to become my fav one) was some Greek yogurt. I need a better one, it’s super easy to eat a lot of sugar with it… It may or may not be a problem, I usually don’t care about my animal sugar intake and I don’t go far enough to get a ton of fat from it so maybe not. But it’s so creamy and sour and wonderful! :smiley:
Low meat day again, modest protein and fat too. Nice even from an OMAD-ish day.

(Geoffrey) #45

@Geezy56’s food is too raw for me, sorry.

Here in Texas we have a saying when asked how we want our steak to which we reply “Lob off it’s horns, wipe it’s butt, put it on a plate and bring it out here to me.”
In other words, I like it rare. That lamb steak was almost overcooked for me. Lol!

Maybe these lamb chops will be more to your liking.

Seared a bunch of lamb chops in some tallow.
IMG_9630
After a good mallard crust on them I put them in the crockpot with some chicken bone broth for a nice slow cook for most of the day.

Final product, fall off the bone tender with a nice fatty broth.

I’m telling’ ya boys and girls, that’s some mighty fine eating.