For you OMAD'ers

food

(Little Miss Scare-All) #3

Thanks, safi! About how many cals do you think that is?

I haven’t logged my meals for a while but IIRC it only falls maybe a few hundred (at most) short of my usual/average intake. I use a fatty dressing to disguise the taste of the sardines (:nauseated_face:), a nice fatty piece of steak cooked in coconut oil & the cheese or nuts all add up to a fair bit.

EDIT TO ADD: A couple of squares of 90% chocolate & cream in my post lunch coffee/tea also help keep the calories up

(Karim Wassef) #5

I OMAD every day I eat which is usually Sat-Tue and then I fast from Tuesday evening to Saturday afternoon.

I eat from 6:30 to 7:30 and I eat about 3500 cal about 75-80% fat, 10%-15% protein and 5% or less carb.

I use heavy cream, ghee, olive oil, eggs, bacon, mayo, avocados and macadamia nuts to boost my fat. I usually eat a fatty steak or fatty fish with a side of liver or oysters for nutrients.

I don’t eat many plants if I can help it but if I do, I go for fermented or pickled… sauerkraut, pickles, olives, ginger…

Only seed based foods are tahini in moderation.

Fatty meats = ribeye and sheep brain
Fatty fish = mackerel, salmon, sardines, anchovies

(Little Miss Scare-All) #6

Sheep’s brain. You are hardcore, my friend lol. How do you prepare it? Where do you live?

(Ellen) #7

I second that @Karim_Wassef, recipes for brain? Oddly squicks me out less than liver & kidneys.

(Karim Wassef) #8

Western diets used to be richer in organ meats. Fat and organs is where the real benefit is… lions leave the lean steak to the vultures… trash meat for them.

I’m in TX

(Karim Wassef) #9

I do go to a specialty butcher and he doesn’t always have it. It’s an excellent source of omega 3 other than fatty fish.

Liver is full of phytonutrients and I can avoid the phytotoxins and digestive distress in fibrous plants. I make my own liverwurst patte but I love real fois gras

(Little Miss Scare-All) #10

Once I saw how they force feed the birds, I refuse to eat it lol. It nearly made me cry. I’m a sucker for birds because I’m a Parrot mommy. <3

(Karim Wassef) #11

I understand the pet issue but I saw them being force fed on farms growing up. Meat is meat

(Carl Keller) #12

When I was doing OMAD, I would just eat dinner and it would end up being around 1500-1600 calories, sometimes as low as 1200. I just couldn’t eat more than that without being stuffed.

(Bob M) #13

Well, I feel like a wimp.

For me, if I attempt to do OMAD, I can’t do it. I can eat during a short window, but I feel as if I can’t eat enough in one meal. And that’s on the days I don’t exercise. On the days I do, I can’t make it to OMAD.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #14

lol yeah the world is full of all kinds of different people. I grew up and am from the city, and didnt go to a farm till much later in life. I love meat, but I like to pretend the meat was never alive, cutely frolicking around, begging to be pet and larved <3

I block all of that out when I eat meat. We have canine teeth for a reason–for tearing meat. I just can’t unsee certain things. But we need people like you who would have no problem probably slaughtering an animal, because we need that. We also need people like me who would die in the apocalypse because I wouldnt be able to harm an animal, though they’re tasty little jerks lol.

(Bob M) #15

Brains are on my list of things to try, but it’s quite difficult to find them. Particularly cow’s brains.

I didn’t even know what that stood for! I had to google it.
Yes, I’m “OMADic” most of the time or one meal every 24-35 hours. It depends if I’m hungry/need to eat.

I typically eat anywhere from 11am to 4pm in the day and am lucky that I can eat any time I want at work and have a kitchen in the office.

My meals are mostly pre-prepared broccoli and a type of fatty meat. I bring it to work in one regular container and one plastic tupperware feeds me for three meals so that’s about 3-4 business days. I don’t eat much (about 3-4 spoons a day). On the night of the 4th day (usually Thursday) I usually start pulling out a second tupperware from the freezer. I don’t count calories.

(Karim Wassef) #17

I love watching nature shows and seeing the gazelle taken down… crocs are cruel eaters but we are part of nature and I prefer the truth of things… I don’t enjoy eating things that don’t have eyes - except for potatoes… they have lying eyes.

If you want the extension of the OMAD and EF, look at the snake diet… that guy is obnoxious but funny… you’ll probably like his vids.

FWIW I had to work my way up to it & I usually eat a bit more on the days I don’t do OMAD so I figure it all balances out.

(Larry Lacy) #19

I normally include peanut butter on days that I do omad. Between that and avocados I can add extra fat and calories to my meal.

(Karim Wassef) #20

Mayo was my breakthrough fat source. Olive oil and eggs… perfect

(Little Miss Scare-All) #21

Lol i close my eyes when this happens!! My brain is on overdrive most of the time concerning truth of life, but with animals, I stick my head in the sand and pretend. I get mad at the lion like you jerk!! But, the lion needs to eat too. I wouldnt want him to suffer starvation. So its like a lose-lose for me. I love nature shows, but close my eyes for carnage. Yet my favorite movie genre is Horror and Im a long time fan of Death Metal. Figure that one out lol.

(bulkbiker) #22

Did all beef OMAD for January at about 1800 cals per day mainly from steaks or ground beef with some cream in coffee and lactofree milk in tea.