For you OMAD'ers

food

(Little Miss Scare-All) #21

Lol i close my eyes when this happens!! My brain is on overdrive most of the time concerning truth of life, but with animals, I stick my head in the sand and pretend. I get mad at the lion like you jerk!! But, the lion needs to eat too. I wouldnt want him to suffer starvation. So its like a lose-lose for me. I love nature shows, but close my eyes for carnage. Yet my favorite movie genre is Horror and Im a long time fan of Death Metal. Figure that one out lol.

(bulkbiker) #22

Did all beef OMAD for January at about 1800 cals per day mainly from steaks or ground beef with some cream in coffee and lactofree milk in tea.

:rofl: lying eyes. Meat and taters! Yum!

(Troy) #24

For me
I choose not to eat breakfast. Just not every hungry any ways
Fat adapted power😄

So…
My OMAD are usually around 4-6pm
I eat for FUEL
At my gas station fill up, I will fuel up all within an hour for the above gas station stop.

side tid bit
They NOW have TV’s at the gas pumps😂
Open up the tailgate, sit and watch lol

I like to log - NOT count
It’s fun
Works for me
So, on the low end , 1200 cal up to 2500 calories
Food choices vary
Macros…fat at around 70% most of the time

I go by 3 things
Simple folks

1)No breakfast
2)I never eat past 7pm
3)Total carbs, less than 20

That’s it
No need to over think all of this - #3 that’s all that matters for me

Good Luck

(Karim Wassef) #25

I was 255 lbs at 5’10" and as I lost the fat down to 165, I maintained most of my muscle mass so I’m thicker than most my height. That’s one of the awesome things about keto weight loss - I keep my muscle mass and metabolic rate as I lose the fat…

I also lift most days…

Wanted to calibrate since my OMAD is 3500 cal and most seem to be about half of that.

(Scott H.) #26

Five days a week: OMAD. Two days a week: TMAD. Usually: eggs, cheese, sour cream, butter, sliced vegetables and oil for an omelette. I also eat sliced cheeses, some meat, and drink lots of coffee. I eat 2-3 avocados per week. I eat until satiety.

Down 76 pounds in eight months. I have had two cheat days in that time. Felt lousy after both.

(Heather) #27

@ctvigg Me too, Bob! I used to eat OMAD everyday, but now that I’ve been strength training 4 days a week for the past few months, I can’t do it anymore. I’m ravenous much earlier in the day. My eating window is about 5 hours now and I have to get enough fats in or I’m miserable the next day.

(Karim Wassef) #28

Unless you’re lean (10% bf male, 15% bf female), the OMAD wall is likely not real. I don’t disagree that your hunger feelings are real or that you feel bad. My experience is that it’s a variation on fat adaptation.

Our bodies are amazing optimizers and if you try to do something hard, it will fight you. If you feed it- it knows it can win. You have to choose to do both… exercise hard and OMAD for a few weeks. And it will accept the change.

I went through that and now … when I feel that I’m not get the energy I want, I exercise … I send a clear metabolic and hormonal message to my body “you’re not getting food and I’m going to ask even more from you… so give me that trapped energy right now”… and my body complies.

The first couple of weeks were hard but now I can literally just walk for a couple of minutes and the message is sent and I can feel myself recharge.

That got me to EF and daily weightlifting … 12 days and I lift best on the last day. Planning on 26days next.

Don’t want to sound like fake guru talk but it worked for me: “most of what you believe you can’t do … is in your own head”

I’m stubborn … ummm tenacious… so I’m going to use that to rule my body and get what I want from it.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #29

Just as long as you don’t skip Leg Day!!! I personally love leg day. But, I’m also weird.

I’ve been eating my OMAD earlier, learned my lesson the hard way. 30 minutes on the Stairs nonstop really, really blows when you consumed like 1500 calories 2 hours prior. Yesterday I ate too much fat, but at least it was 5 hours before I went to the gym after work.

Do you break your lifts into chest/leg/back/arms days? What do you normally do?

(Karim Wassef) #30

I never work out sore and it takes me about a week to recover so each day is a group. I switch it around with Wednesday chest and shoulders as my only anchor.

Legs, back, arms, and core are the other 4. I also use the weekends for fun things… aerobics, climbing, playing…

If I don’t feel a muscle group is ready, I’ll do HIIT instead. If the muscle group is legs, I skip that day.

Confusion is important… my body is a fast learner and always figures out what I’m doing if I don’t surprise it. Some weeks, I’ll just sauna only… just to mess with it.

Now I’m adding cold bath immersion to mess with it some more. Probably on the weekends.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #31

Same. It gets used to things VERY easily. My body, though still covered in chub, builds lean muscle very easily. I can feel growth from next to nothing, but the downside is I need to change up all the time. Honestly sometimes I walk into the gym with no plan at all. I set a time frame, say 2 hours, to do whatever I want. Dead lifts based on time intervals rather than reps, but EXTREMELY mindful of form. I don’t try to do them as fast as possible (I have DDD), but right form, for X amt of time.

One thing my body doesn’t react well to is my cardio after weights. I always warm up with a jog or very fast incline walk, but I tried to reverse the order to trick my body, and my body was like nah, unfavorable lol.

What do you do for HIIT? I usually run inclines, run stairs or Jacobs Ladder. I’ve been wanting to jumprope but, I jiggle too much for this yet. lol ONE DAY!

(Karim Wassef) #32

HIIT is inclines for me.

2 hours? Wow - not for me. That actually kills my gains. I set 45 minutes and power through. I’ll go light weights but good form until done.

My ego doesn’t always like it. I like to curl an 85lb bar but my form sucks so now I do a dinky little 50lb bar … but I go for 15-25 reps (pyramids). I’m 45 but body looks 30 right now and makes me want to do more weight but I know it doesn’t work for real gains.

So I control my ego… go lighter but as intense as I can till failure… 45mins and out.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #33

The 2 hours includes 1 hour of cardio (non HIIT days, HIIT session norm takes me 20min–30 sec 95-100% max, 1-1.5min active recovery) and 1 hour strength, which includes core always, and stretching. I’m not going for gains, but toning. I go very light, with 10-15 reps a set, usually in 3. I only squat like 45lbs lol. I’ll switch it up with a circuit, but my gym is so damn busy that that’s not always possible.

So busy in fact that I had to cut my workout short last night because every piece of equipment I needed was taken, and there was no room on the turf for the likes of me. My gym is tons of meatheads.

(Karim Wassef) #34

meatheads are people too! :slight_smile:

I think it’s important to know your body and not overtrain.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #35

Learned that the hard way when I hurt my back doing dead rows way heavier than I should have. Kept me out of the gym for 8 months, lost so much strength and endurance and had to get creative rehabbing myself. A real kick in the ego. But live and learn. I worked hard but smart to grt myself where I am now. I modify. I used to sprint for HIIT, but I discovered far better ways, low impact but high intensity.

I can be so stubborn lol.