For the First Time in Years

extendedfast
progresspics
self-experimentation
success
motivation

(Kimbrie) #1

This is me before I started to lose weight on October 10th. I went to the doctor, I was 296 lbs and was fed up. I didnt discover keto and IF for over 2 more weeks but had already lost what felt like an impossible amount of weight. Funny thing is I didnt know what I weighed when I started, had to ask my doctor. I was pretty shocked and excited…by then I had well been bitten by the keto bug. At first my main goal was weight loss and I was fasting WAY too much. Finally I figured out that I dont care about the number as the weight is going to come of. I am mostly focused on maintaining my discipline (sometimes wavering) at learning to change my entire way of living. Well today I did something I havent done in a long time, I took a selfie. For 2 years the girl in the top picture barely brushed her hair because she could not look at herself at all in that mirror. I hated myself, my life, my choices, but felt so completely powerless. So here I am taking selfies at 30 pounds and almost 4" lost, loving what I see. I bought all new makeup, got my hair cut, and feel better than I could have ever dreamed. Regardless of the pants size of the woman grinning back at me in these selfies, I am falling in love with myself for the first time in my life…that may sound vain and selfish, but you know what you say, you cant love others if you dont love yourself.

Anyone need an OA meeting right now? HELP
(back and doublin' down) #2

OMGosh! You look amazing! WTGet started on the new you! The hair and styling are nothing compared to that great smile.

Thankful you found keto, glad you found this forum. Looking forward to many more updates!

You Rock!

('Jackie P') #3

That is so lovely. You look radiantly happy and so … well! Enjoying how you feel and liking what you see in the mirror is not vanity, it’s pride! And you have earnt it. :hugs:

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #4

You look marvelous. Keep going. Take stock each month of your non-scale victories as well. BTW - You have a beautiful smile.

(Marianne) #5

Your post made me so happy.

I love when people find that keto is their answer. I took to it immediately; it was my miracle. Keto has transformed me mentally and physically, and I am so grateful.

Me, too. I only have a general idea of what I weigh from the last time I went to the doctor. I don’t care. I am happy with my weight, my weight loss, my eating plan, my meals, and I am still continuing to lose. I don’t plan on weighing myself at home again. It is such a wonderful feeling. I am satisfied waiting until I go to the doctor to get on the scale.

That was me - for more than two years. I felt disgusted by my appearance. I stopped wearing makeup probably five years ago - something which I would never do before, even if just going to the grocery store. Now, I wear makeup on special occasions when I want to look especially nice (now I am okay with myself with no makeup - I feel better about myself and with the face that God gave me, because I like who I see). Just bought my first pair of fashion boots in my life - now I enjoy looking nice. When you’re thin, it’s not hard. You can throw on a regular shirt and look decent, whereas before, I felt like I wasn’t fooling anyone in whatever I put on.

Congratulations; I am so happy for you! You are a beautiful young woman.

:hugs:

(Susan) #6

That is fantastic, Kimbrie, you are doing so well. You should indeed be proud of yourself. Keep up the good work!

(bulkbiker) #7

You look like you are now your own daughter!

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #8

I love how you’ve expressed this, and you look so happy (and gorgeous!) in that stunning picture!

(traci simpson) #9

You are so beautiful!

(Rebecca ) #10

You look healthy and lovely.

(Jane) #11

I thought the same thing!

(Lazy, Dirty Keto 😝) #12

Not vain and selfish at all. In fact, it’s beautiful just like you! Congrats, you look proud as you should be

(Polly) #13

Good job @Momma_Bear. You are rocking this!

(Ellen ) #14

You look absolutely gorgeous. Great job! Keep taking those pictures

(Jeff Abraham) #15

You look great and thank you for sharing your story! It actually made me tear up a little bit because I’ve struggled with my weight for the past 20 years.

First off I can totally relate to your comment about looking in the mirror. For years I did almost everything in the dark. (PG Rated that is!) I showered, got dressed, and mostly groomed myself without the lights on. I couldn’t stand to look at myself in the mirror and the disgusting mess I had become over the years. My weight made me sad, angry, incredibly depressed, and even suicidal at times. I felt like I was past the point of no return when it came to losing weight and was actually hoping for a heart attack in hopes that would help start the process. Sad, I know. I was probably between 350-375 lbs back then and only 5’11". And to make it worse I was only in my mid 30’s, married with 2 beautiful children at the time. Sadly my marriage ended but my will to lose weight did not!!!

Over the past few months I’ve been doing a lot of walking, weight lifting, push-ups, and of course making healthy eating choices. High protein, very low carbs/sugar, no alcohol etc. I started Keto about two weeks ago and up to this point I’ve probably lost a good 100 lbs since the height of my fatness 3-4 years ago. I’ve lost about 40+ lbs in just the past 3-4 months and feel friggin’ amazing. I’m wearing clothes I haven’t worn in 15 years and everyone notices the way I look. My ex has even given me numerous compliments so you know that I’m really kicking butt with my diet. Keep up the good work!!!

(Susan) #16

Welcome to the forum, Jeff.

Congrats on your amazing progress so far and best wishes for the rest of your Keto Journey. Feel free to make your own threads as well so more of the forum people see you here, and post any questions that you might have.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #17

That is not vain in the least!#@
I encourage you to love yourself, take more selfies, LOVE WHAT YOU SEE.

(Kimbrie) #18

Thank you for saying so and for taking the time to do so

(Kimbrie) #19

Thank you :slight_smile:

(Kimbrie) #20

I appreciate you saying so