Food sensitivities testing after 30 days of steak

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #41

I really miss fathead pizzas, fauxtato salad, greens and berries. And keto desserts.

I think my next test may be eggs.
Or maybe a sweetener, then I’ll be eating sweetened whip cream over here. Lol

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #42

Snow crab sensitivity test:
Day 1.
Observations-
*extreme pleasure
*complete satisfaction
*sweeter than I remember
*giddy I get to do this two more days

Lol

(Ashley Haddock) #43

Those could all be taken out of context VERY easily. :joy:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #44

Perhaps, but we’ll be good here. After all, this is science, and very serious shit…

(Roxanne) #45

OMG, drooling here. But aren’t you introducing snow crab AND butter at the same time?

(Karen Parrott) #46

Good luck. A fair number of food addicts in recovery weigh food on scales in restaurants. I still weigh many items at home since I don’t always get my hungry/full signals.

Here’s to getting the info you need.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #47

Already introduced heavy whipping cream, so butter is covered.

(Cheryl) #48

You might be able to eat goat milk products. The protein structure of goat milk is very different from cow milk. I can’t eat cow milk products but I can eat goat milk cheese. Tried goat milk yogurt. Not a fan. I haven’t tried goat milk butter or for that matter just goat milk. After so many years, having a cheese option makes me happy.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #49

Day 2 and 3 of eating snow crab, no issues. I didn’t think there would be. I’ll be testing eggs the next 3 days.

(jketoscribe) #50

You might try yolks and whites separately. Sometimes sensitivities are to one or the other.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #51

Yes. That is exactly what I am doing.

You seem very interested in testing food sensitivities. Have you done it yourself recently?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #52

Eggs became nightshades. Lol. Going with the cravings. Eventually I’ll get to eggs, sweeteners and nuts. Ha!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #53

Tomatoes are tasting super yummy.
Definately testing eggs next.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #54

This has been SUPER boring. So far tested heavy whipping cream, snow crab, tomatoes, and eggs, whites and yolks.

I’m testing sweeteners next, then I’m done. Too much restriction for too long…

I will test sucralose, stevia, and erythritol.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #55

Zero issues so far!!!

(Adam L) #56

How are the blood sugar & ketones during the food testing compared to the numbers doing steak only? Great discipline to do this testing after a month of mono meals.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #57

Blood sugar up slightly, ketones down. I kind of expected that, which has me decided I will be doing periodic meat only. I will be using all meats though, no more mono. And offal etc. True ZC.

(Adam L) #58

Thanks Brenda, changes expected as you say but what a great new base of low blood sugar & insulin the 30 day challenge provided. Sounds like a good plan to do some periodic true ZC, ties in with the notion of changing things up which seems to be gaining popularity as recently highly promoted by Carl after hearing from Megan Ramos. Appreciate the info you share here.

(Vivian) #59

Great idea to do this experiment. I’m excited to read your results!

(Candace) #60

Not sure how I missed this post before. Love this! So, how are the sweeteners? Thank you for sharing all of this!