Food sensitivities testing after 30 days of steak

(Roxanne) #21

No way! My Felix thought it was kitty crack!

(Roxanne) #22

I had to wonder if the sheer dosage was the culprit. Is there a reason you chose to have so much, Brenda?

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #23

Inflammation includes fluid built up around joints and organs etc. Which of course will add water weight.
I imagine the other ingredients in the cream are the culprit or maybe just the lactose. IDK.
I will be having much less the next few days and that should help reduce it, plus I’m buying single ingredient cream now in case it was the carageenan or guar gum.
The human body cannot add a pound of fat to our fat cells overnight. The biochemistry doesn’t work that fast.
When you gain weight overnight like that, it’s inflammation. Women experience it every month with their cycle.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #24

Not nauseous, just a bit of an acid stomach. It passed in minutes. No big deal.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #25

Have you seen how much I am capable of eating? Lol. HUGE appetite. Plus, I hadn’t had any other food in 30 days and was enjoying the hell out of something new! I could’ve drank that whole latte in the morning! Stopped at half!

(Roxanne) #26

Well, yes, there is the appetite angle and the fact that after 30 days of steak - however glorious is looked to those of us drooling over your pics - you’d be desperate to consume something else. But from a sensitivity-testing standpoint, I would have thought you’d go with what you might more typically expose yourself to during a day (e.g., a half cup of HWC throughout the day in coffee) rather than making a meal of it :slight_smile: Then again, I know nothing about sensitively testing. I just had a gut reaction thinking “no wonder it upset her system” when thinking about that much cream, even though you didn’t experience stomach upset after eating massive quantities of delicious steak every day for 30 days.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #27

I still ate my fatty steak meal at the end of the day. The cream was just a snack. Lol
This tritip plus 6 more ounces of leftover ribeye.
I am an animal.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #28

6.5 ounces cream today in a latte along with my usual massive lion portions of steak.
All eaten at 6 pm.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #29

Almost 10 pm, 4 hours post prandial.
Blood glucose 93, Ketonix 8 yellow. Blood ketones 2.4

(Laura) #30

Oh, I am going to. The dairy I doubt will go away I have had that one since I was born… But the beef and pork may since I think it’s likely to have been caused by a tick bite and they say that it can go away after 3 5o 5 years.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #31

I’ve heard about this one! I hope it gets better for you. I was going to ask if it was a special situation like this. You aren’t the first to speak of the tick bite.
“Alpha-gal allergies develop after a person has been bitten by the lone star tick in the United States, the European castor bean tick, and the paralysis tick in Australia”.

“A bite from the Lone Star tick can cause people to develop an allergy to red meat, including beef and pork. This specific allergy is related to a carbohydrate called alpha-gal and is best diagnosed with a blood test. Although reactions to foods typically occur immediately, in the instance of allergic reactions to alpha-gal, symptoms often take several hours to develop. Owing to the significant delay between eating red meat and the appearance of an allergic reaction, it can be a challenge to connect the culprit foods to symptoms. Therefore, an expert evaluation from an allergist familiar with the condition is recommended. The Lone Star tick has been implicated in initiating the red meat allergy in the US and this tick is found predominantly in the Southeast from Texas, to Iowa, into New England.”

Interesting.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #32

Back down to my post 30 day steak challenge weight.
@JohnD
This is what I mean about inflammation.
Drank 14.5 ounces of cream on Thursday, next morning, up one pound. Drink only 6.5 ounces with my usual meal yesterday? Back down a pound this morning.
Temporary water weight gain, possibly even from the extra carbohydrate on Thursday (14.5 ounces cream has 14.5 grams carbohydrate)
I lifted weights yesterday. Makes sense any glycogen stored was used up then (I fast until 4 pm most days). Glycogen needs water. Use the glycogen, and the extra water is not needed.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #33

…a good reminder for me to keep my carbohydrate very low!

(jketoscribe) #34

Yep, Ashkenazi here too. My parents didn’t use a lot of dairy. My mom (thanks to some stupid dietitian when she was hospitalized with a BG of 800) poured SWEETENED non-dairy creamer in her coffee and cereal and rarely ate cheese or sour cream “because of the cholesterol”. And my dad was never big in dairy. So I don’t know if they also had issues.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #35

Food sensitivity test #2 snow crab.

I’ve been craving crab since week two of my former steak challenge, so I bought a pound of snow crab yesterday. I’ll be eating some with my steak the next three days. I expect no issues.

I am ready to get on with testing sweeteners, nuts, peanuts and eggs. Then I may stop the testing.
I plan to test almonds, walnuts, coconut. Also peanuts. I also plan to test xylitol, erythritol, and stevia.
That’s 24 more days of testing after this crab. That’s enough. I don’t want to drive myself insane. Lol
I miss spices, I miss greens. I want to get back to my normal keto diet.

(eat more) #36

and this friends is known as mental fortitude aka beastmode
BOOM! :boom:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #37

Heavy cream, btw, passed with flying colors. I had zero digestive issues or blood sugar spikes. Remained solidly in nutritional ketosis even when consuming as much as 6-8 ounces at a time.

Beef fat is a helluva lot more satiating though, and good to keep that in mind as eating an enormous amount of cream is easy to do.

I am very pleased with my body’s reaction.
The ketogenic diet has been very very good to me.
Ketosis FTW
HWC latte made at home. Cthulhu inspired cream drawing. Lol. + Floyd.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #38

:hugging:
:zornface:

:floyd:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #39

Sciencing like crazy over here.
The suffering!
Taking one for the team.
Food sensitivity test #2, better known as “a valid excuse to eat snow crab 3 days in a row.” Lol

(Ashley Haddock) #40

Floyd doesn’t know what’s up! LOL

I don’t know how you handle such suffering. :wink:

Really though, even though what you’re eating is delicious, I know it’s not easy to be that disciplined all the time. You are killing it!!