Flaxseed Crackers in the Microwave

(Richard Morris) #1

Originally published at: http://easylocarb.com/recipe/flaxseed-crackers/

This is a simple almost zero carb Flaxseed Cracker that you can make in a few minutes in the Microwave with just a few ingredients. Ingredients The essential ingredient is Flaxseed (also known as Linseed) Meal. You should be able to find it at any health store, even most supermarkets. It is high in Omega-3 oils and Protein and almost…

Sardines!

Off to try it!

Can’t see the ingredient quantities!

I think you have to click on the link at the end.

Ingredients
2 tbsp ground flaxseed (linseed meal)
30 mls Water
1 tsp Mixed herbs or your favourite Herb

(Richard Morris) #5

Yeah sorry you’ll have to go to the blog - looks like i need to work on the software that links the forum with my blog to make recipe amounts come through.

(Brian) #6

They look good! I’d be curious what some of you have used for seasonings? I would think they might be pretty good with just a little salt.

(Jane Reed) #7

Thanks for this, Richard.

In my old low carb days I made something similar but it had to be baked in the oven. During northern hemisphere summer (the temperature here has been 95 - 104 degrees F. lately) I don’t turn on my gas oven without a very good reason.

Same here, and then I can and bake like mad through the winter

(Richard Morris) #9

Yeah Salt works wonderfully with these. We have some local blends of pepperberry (a native Australian berry unrelated to pepper, but with a similar taste) and salt bush with actual salt … works well.

You could also try caraway seed - for a ryebread flavor. Cummin might be good too, for a middle eastern flavor.

(Kate) #10

These look awesome. Could these potentially be baked? I don’t own a microwave.

You can bake in a low temp oven or use a dehydrator

(Richard Morris) #12

The microwave is heating the water to turn it into steam to rapidly dehydrate the crackers.

(Kate) #13

Might try the dehydrated and see how it goes.

(Christopher Avery) #14

Mmmm. First batch, with thyme and coarse salt, oh, and Kerrygold butter.
Thank you @richard. This fills a carby-taste gap for me.

Made some homemade ranch cream cheese and spread on some of these crackers. Was insanely delish! :slight_smile:

Ranch cream cheese: cream cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dehydrated dill, dehydrated chives, splash of lemon juice.

(Gail DeLuca) #16

These are Magic! I am eating them right now with Kerrygold butter, and have added some caraway seed. I am looking forward to trying them with liverwurst - the caraway gives it that rye bread flavor that I crave with it! I just happened to have some whole flaxseed around and finally got a chance to use the grain attachment that came with my Vitamix blender.

I found I had to add a little more of the flaxseed meal to my mix to get it to form up into a good dough. Might be because I was using the freshly ground.

(Candy Lind) #17

Go look up the flaxseed crackers on ketoconnect.com - that will give you the time & temperature to use.

I used Italian seasoning in my current batch. I also used whole seeds and let them suck up some more water before nuking them. A friend made a batch using blendered salsa instead of the water and they were fantastic. Perfect for guacamole.

(veronica saffin) #18

yum, yum, yum. Thank you for sharing. I used to make these a long time ago and I forgot. Just in time as a salty flax cracker with cheese will be a nice treat!

Now that’s ingenious!

(Gabe “No Dogma, Only Science Please!” ) #20

I don’t have a microwave… has anyone made these in the oven? They sound delicious…