Fish recipes/pics?

I see soooo many descriptions of meat meals (enough to make me wish I weren’t vegetarian sometimes!), but I was hoping we could start a thread like the “What did you Keto today” thread, but for fish dishes. Right now (when I’m not fasting) I’m living off of canned salmon and tuna. It’s getting old.

I don’t have any pics, maybe someone else could start it off?

I LOVE salmon (Cooked in the instant pot for PERFECT softness, it’s the only way I don’t over-cook salmon). I make a really good cream sauce just using butter, HWC and spices, but it’s easy to overconsume the sauce with the HWC in it so a lot of times i just do butter. This is a boring non-recipe recipe but that’s how I usually keto. Boringly. :blush:

Do you have a recipe for the sauce? I usually eat my salmon mixed with mayo and rolled up in a 5g carb tortilla, but I would love to try this.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #4

Here’s a couple of my pics from the “What did you keto today” thread.

Tuna Melt Casserole

Blackened Shrimp Salad

Baked Salmon with Preserved Lemon, Peppermint and Green Chili EVO

Blackened Salmon

Shrimp and Bok Choy Stir Fry

Blackened shrimp or fish is an easy to make favorite of mine. Make a blackening spice mix and liberally apply and pat down and fry in a very hot pan with a teaspoon of coconut oil. When you put it in don’t move it for a couple of minutes until the spices have burnt to a blackened color. If it’s skin on crisp the skin side first. :cowboy_hat_face:

Those look amazing! Do you have a recipe for the tuna melt?

I don’t have a specific recipe, I just mix HWC, butter in a small pot on the stove, and use whatever spices I decide :slight_smile: . Also is good with some lemon juice squeezed in there. This sauce is great with riced cauliflower in a bowl with the salmon because it absorbs the sauce so well. I don’t do riced cauliflower anymore but my hubby loves this combo!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7

It’s a variation of the Tuna Melt in the food recipes category. It’s basically two cans of water packed tuna drained and squeezed mixed with mayo, dry onion flakes, dry dill weed, S&P and some cheddar cheese on top bake 325F for about 12 minutes until the cheese looks the way you like it. Dinner in 15 minutes. I can’t chew food right now because of oral surgery so this was yesterday’s dinner. You could add anything, different spices, steamed broccoli or cauliflower, olives, chopped pickle, hard boiled chopped egg, whatever strikes your fancy.

:cowboy_hat_face:

Thanks! I bet the boiled egg added to it would be really good. I’m totally going to make this soon.

(Diane) #9

I’ve seen several people make this recipe. It’s on my list.

These tuna cakes are on my list to try, although I might also add a melty cheese which should also help bind them.

I also like Ina Garten’s Baked Shrimp Scampi. I don’t ever make the full recipe (1/4 to 1/2 batches, usually). I also leave out the panko bread crumbs and anything else I don’t currently have on hand (it’s a long list of ingredients). I always use the butter, garlic, white onions (instead of shallots), red pepper flakes and lemon zest and juice. Yummy!

(Katie) #10

Steamed shrimp (let’s be honest, I use a microwave) lightly drizzled with olive oil and salt. Super simple and delicious. You can add any spices to mix up the flavors, and goes well with just about any side dish.

Oh wow, thanks so much! I saved that second link to my phone. Can’t wait to make tuna cakes.

(Diane) #12

I also like shrimp boiled with the Zataran’s Crab Boil seasoning bags and cut lemons. I love them warm, my sister likes them chilled. Served with just a bit of horseradishy cocktail sauce.

Ok, can somebody please ‘splain me how to multiquote?

(Diane) #14

I am not the expert, but I think you have to include some text between each quote. The software doesn’t like it otherwise. If that doesn’t solve it, we’ll have to page @juice.

Wow those looks so good

(Running from stupidity) #16

Highlight the text you want to quote, hit “quote” when it pops up. Rinse and repeat.

Thank you!!

I had this dish many years ago while camping that a friend made. He laid several salmon filets in a buttered glass dish and covered them with a thick sauce. Baked it uncovered. Don’t know for how long or temp but it wouldn’t be difficult to figure out. He called it better than sex salmon. It was delicious and the sauce was just wonderful. I looked on the internet and found some similar but I have NOT tried the following recipe but I am posting anyway so all can see cooking times etc. If I have screwed up by copy and pasting and it’s against the rules or something or done incorrectly, I apologize. I’m still new and learning. Here it is from this link:

https://whatscookingamerica.net/lowfatsalmon.htm

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Wash salmon fillets and pat dry. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.Arrange salmon fillets, skin side down, in a single layer on the prepared baking pan.

In a medium bowl, with a wire whisk, blend sour cream, mayonnaise, flour, lemon juice, dill, cream cheese, garlic, and wine until smooth: spread over the salmon. Sprinkle lightly with salt, pepper, and paprika.

Bake, uncovered, approximately 15 to 20 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers an internal temperature of 140 degrees F. (salmon will be slightly opaque in thickest part). During this time the meat continues to cook (meat temperature will rise 5 to 10 degrees after it is removed from the oven) and the juices redistribute.

Approximately cooking times for salmon:

1/4 to 1/3-inch - 3 to 4 minutes
1/2 to 3/4-inch - 4 to 6 minutes
1 to 1 1/2-inch - 8 to 12 minutes

Now the recipe I was given by my friend so many years ago:

1 c mayo
1 c sour cream
1/2 c parmesan cheese - the real kind is better than the green can stuff. But if ysing grated parmesan, it does need to be crushed up a little.
1/4 tsp lemon juice

Thats it. Mix up and pour over all kinds of fish. I liked this sauce so much, I could just eat the sauce although I haven’t made it in years. If you want more or less sauce, the basics are equal amounts of sour cream and mayo, add the parmesan cheese in the amount desired as well as a few drops of lemon juice. His sauce wasn’t lemony at all, in fact I couldn’t detect any lemon but when I first got the recipe from him he had omitted the secret ingredient - lemon juice. I went home and made it and it didn’t taste quite the same as his. I kept bugging him until he caved and spilled it. It makes all the difference in the world in this sauce, at least to me. After searching more about this basic recipe, it is also used with artichokes to make a delicious dip. It appears to be very flexible and would go with a lot of food.

I have been making homemade pesto sauce with extra EVOO , i find a tbsp goes a long way so a small jar actually lasts me a week or more. i use the sauce on salmon or fillets n bake it in preheated oven (400 F) for 13-14 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish. I also use the pesto to make other dishes like frittata or mix it in basil n fresh mozzarella instead of using balsamic vinegar since balsamic contains a little more sugar. I think i will try to make pesto scallop or shrimp next time.

('Jackie P') #20

This is pan fried seabass with a lemon, caper and parsley butter sprinkled with toasted almonds. Served with roasted tomato and asparagus.