First Extended Fast - Keigan

I’ve been Keto for almost a year though never thought to try fasting until I found this site two weeks ago. I’ve been 20:4 for the past two weeks and my nutritional ingredients have been very controlled,

• coconut oil

• half/half

• coffee

• cinnamon oil

• eggs

• primal protein powder

• black tahini which is only roasted and ground sesame seeds

• cacao nibs

Friday, I consumed my normal meal and then went out for an additional 12 pieces of bacon and two burger patties with four slices of provolone cheese. After which I initiated my extended fast.

My first extended fast lasted 52 hours with no problem and I was never hungry. Consumed water with salt, and my coffee with cream and coconut oil. I could have gone longer though there was a fresh beef roast that just came out of the oven at my 52 hour point, so I ate four slices with gravy.

I’m debating a feast tomorrow and the next day, or should I fast forward for another 48 hours - thoughts and opinions?

Male 54, 6’4” about 235 naked, probably 31% body fat, sedentary.

Results:
After my 52 hour extended fast, my pants went from snug fit with shirt out to loose fit with shirt tucked in. I can see and feel a difference, excellent energy while on the fast.

I woke this morning with the reminder that my body is still consuming fat as my pants now require an addition notch in the belt. So I’m going to extend for another 48 hours as I’m not hungry and have no issues.

I just watch the documentary “the science of fasting” - I’m going to initiate a 14 day (through Christmas) and possibly extend to 21 day (through New Years).

I’ll keep this thread as a journal.

Objectives:

• body cleanse
  • clear mental health
  • weight loss
  • autophagy

(Zack F) #4

Congrats on your fast and results! Do you have a link to that documentary?

It is on Amazon Prime Video.

I’m going to restrict my consumption to water, salt, one 16oz cup of coffee in the morning with 1 or 2 tablespoons of coconut oil and cinnamon oil. Walks.

Which means all my good food ingredients go into storage.

Great job. I am on day 1 of my first 5 day fast (I’ve done up to 3 days before now). I’d like to try another 5 day fast next week (weekdays).

(Zack F) #8

It cool to see another MD take a crack at fasting.

Sorry, the MD stands for Maryland. Didn’t mean to mislead.

(Zack F) #10

LOL. Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

:slightly_smiling_face:

I started with the 20/4 fast for forty days on a spiritual journey. I then ended it with a 72 hour fast. I never felt so alive, the weight loss good too! Highly suggest being near your own bathroom when you finally eat. Good fasting!

Agreed, food has to be re-introduced delicately. I’ll start with my smoothie and go from there, that is 14 or 21 days from now.

I’ve been reading more and more of the threads on the site, learning a tremendous amount.

Tossed out my HWC this morning and placed my good food ingredients into storage until I reach either 14 or 21 days.

• water and salt
  • morning 16oz coffee w cinnamon oil and 1 or 2 tablespoons of coconut oil

So far, my pants and my jackets are looser than the previous day.

Good energy, clear mind, no inflammation pain, good mood.

(Doug) #15

Keigan, right on - there is a lot to learn from this forum, and a likewise huge amount from your own experience with fasting, and on subsequent fasts as well. It really is a fascinating deal, and for most people I feel it’s an important experience. We think about some different things when fasting.

I’m older and fatter than you, but at least I’m shorter. :smile: It’s a good feeling to know that I can fast anytime - take 3 or 4 days and poof a couple of pounds of fat will be gone.

Doug, I agree. For myself fasting is becoming a tool that I can deploy within my routines to shore things up, it is a tool I welcome and embrace.

It will be very interesting to see how things change after the 14 day fast.

I pulled my good scale out of storage and will start to use it to monitor my progress. Ketones are high as noted by strips, my objective is to be carb free for the duration and keep just a bit of fat flowing through the digestive tract.

Thanks to all for posting in the thread.

I’ll also add that I do not take any meds, and i won’t be taking any supplements for the duration of the fast. I’m trying to keep the variables to a minimum.

(Fadwa) #18

Can I ask you sth plz do u mean carb free no green vegetables too. Even when you feast.

Correct, as noted in a previous posting my consumption will be limited to the following:

• water with salt
  • 16oz coffee with one or two tablespoons of coconut oil and a drop of cinnamon oil

For the duration of the 14 or 22 day fast.

Upon completion of my fast i’ll Start with my smoothie which is:

• primal protein powder
  • Black tahini which is only roasted ground black sesame seed w hulls
  • small amount of cacao nibs

Today my pants will fall off as soon as I undo my belt - so I am pants loose on the second notch of my belt.