First egg (fast) feast (egg diet)

(Daisy) #85

@That_Fat_Guy I may have posted this earlier, but here’s the “rules” I highly recommend following them as closely as possible as I found the best results when I did.
Edit: I think you have to click on the picture to see the whole thing

(Brian) #86

LOL!! LOVE IT!! :smiley:

Ya hafta taste stuff when you’re making it. What if you forgot a critical ingredient?!!

I’ve been known to lick a few beaters from the handmixer, too… (ETA… but not while it’s running. LOL!)

(Daisy) #87

Right?! And this was a new recipe. I’m planning on having a piece of this too and I don’t want to feed everyone garbage! Plus with keto recipes, things really can go south fast. I had to make sure it was going to taste good. :joy:
The final result:

(Daisy) #89

Yep! “Up to 1 oz of cheese” preferably less. Most time I would do 1/2 an ounce per egg or none at all. But I could put away a block of cheese if I let myself, so I try to show restraint lol. I go with half, that way if I’m still hungry after eating everything, I know I could still eat another ounce of cheese. I also found better results with kerrygold cheese vs things like string cheese.

Deleted

(Daisy) #91

Everything I’ve seen is basically mayo and butter/ghee. Cream cheese is listed as a cheese, but I subbed it for my fat most the week cause it had the same nutritional info as the mayo lol

How is the cream cheese in eggs compared to mayo?

(Daisy) #93

I don’t like it by itself. My favorite combo was half mayo, half cream cheese. I’m not a huge mayo fan by itself, so that combo was perfect for me!

(Daisy) #94

Ok so end result after 5 days (going off plan slightly on day 2 & 5): down 4 lbs. felt great all week, not sick of eggs, but do miss other foods. All in all, definitely willing to do it again, next time not breaking from plan at all to get the best results.

I’m going to eat normally today, but hoping to get at least one 24 hour fast in before Thursday, maybe more. Thanks for everyone who supported me through this!!!

(Brian) #95

Thanks for the update, Daisy!! I was wondering how things concluded. If you think to update again, I’d be curious to know whether those four pounds show back up relatively quickly or whether they stay gone.

(Jane) #96

Well done!

I may try this instead of water fasting next time I am in Ft Worth.

I see diet soda on the list but not coffee but I assume coffee is ok. I will be drinking it regardless lol. I can forego the stevia but like either butter or HWC in it. I drink it with all 3 when not fasting. I suppose my fat with my eggs could be butter in my coffee?

(Daisy) #97

Yes, there are different “rules” listed around the web. One of the main 2 list bulletproof coffee :smile:

(mags) #98

Well done Daisy. Looking forward to hearing what happens with your weight the rest of the week.

(Brian) #99

Hey, Daisy. Was just thinking about your egg fast/feast and the thought rambled through wondering how it might work to maybe alternate between several different but similar eating patterns.

1. The egg fast/feast.
  2. A protein sparing modified fast.
  3. Normal keto.

I wondered about that second one because it’s basically very low carb, a similar amount of protein as keto, and low fat.

The reading I’ve done on the PSMF makes me think it’s usually a longer term thing than what I’m thinking of but the biggest weight loss they report is within the first two weeks.

It would also shake up the macros a little and give your body a change it wouldn’t be expecting.

I’m kinda thinking of maybe a minimum of 3 days and a maximum of maybe 6 or 7 for both 1 & 2. I’m not sure I’d really feel so good about taking either one any farther in length, for various reasons.

Anyway, it was just a thought that rambled through and I figured I’d toss it out there. Maybe someone else has already been down this rabbit hole.?

:slight_smile:

(Daisy) #100

Thanks Brian, I’ve never heard of number 2 but will definitely look into it!! Thanks for the idea!

(Daisy) #101

I ate pretty terrible yesterday. I had 2 hard boiled eggs left in the fridge, so I mixed it with a T of mayo and a handful of crumbled bacon for breakfast. But then for lunch/dinner I had lots of fried chicken and keto cheesecake. Very little fat for the day. Weight this morning was 138.8, so that was a relief-I expected way worse lol. I’m trying to fast until dinner, but it’s not even lunch yet and I’m feeling the hunger pretty bad. It’s been almost 20 hours at this point and I’ve only been able to go 24 hours twice I think. Made it 22 a couple other times. We’ll see, I’m trying to push through the hunger. Will probably go eat another handful of salt in a few.

(Carolyn aka stokies) #102

We typically weigh our lightest in the AM, post bathroom deposits and prior to showering, and if helps if we have 8+ hours of sleep too. If that helps any. In my experience at least…

(Mollyann Hesser) #103

When we were kids, we ate lots of eggs. Then, I became a brunch/lunch chef and ate lots more. Personally, I loathe eggs. It’s probably the only food I hate. But they’re so darn healthy, so I eat them. Lots of them. :joy:

(Ellenor Bjornsdottir) #104

“Egg monodiet.”

That is what I would call it.