Fell of Wagon

(Dottie Powers) #1

I started keto Oct 1 and have done well. I had a cheat on Thanksgiving and that was it until this week. I’ve had something non keto everyday. Today was very carb centered. I was feeling so good and making so much progress. It makes no sense why I fell off the wagon. Suggestions?

(Ethan) #2

First, KCKO.

Second… listen to the 2KD podcast from Dec 27

(Madge Boldt) #3

I am still a newbie myself (started mid-October). I found it comforting when I listened to the holiday Obesity Code podcast. Megan said that abstaining from the holiday carbs was tough for her the first year. The second year it was a little better. Now in her third year, she’s pretty strong. Since we are new, we have some experience to go through to get to that level of comfort and control when surrounded by foods we used to enjoy.

I recall the dudes podcast being a bit negative towards carb confessions. I agree with them on everything else :slight_smile: But, there is a reason for confessions - it lets people know you are not perfect. If nobody ever confessed, I would think I was the only one who still struggled.

A good way to get back into your groove is to do what you did when you first started keto. Eat to satiety. Now is not the time to attempt a fast, in my opinion. Eat when you want, but eat keto. Eat the keto-substitutes of the carbs you love, whatever it takes. You will get back to where you were very quickly!

How do I know? Well… I did the same thing. I fell off a bit before Christmas, then kept trying to re-start. What finally worked was going back to the what worked when I started.

Of course, you need to do what you think will work for you. Some say to start back with a fast. We are all different! Try a few things. Just don’t give up. And let us know how it goes!

(Madge Boldt) #4

Also, now that I’ve checked, there is actually a Fell off the horse topic in the Progress category. Hopefully you will find some more advice there!

(Dottie Powers) #5

Thank you for your kind words. Where do I access these resources? Podcasts? Is it the two keto dudes show? Thanks again for your encouragement. :slight_smile:

(Madge Boldt) #6

Obesity Code podcast - Holiday Message

2 Keto Dudes podcasts

Hope that is what you are looking for. I didn’t specifically mention an episode of 2 Keto Dudes. They are all good.