Feels like I’m dying after four days trying carnivore

(Jeanne Wagner) #103

We all have to determine our best dietary intake for ourselves. Trying carnivore for a month or three can’t hurt. If you listen to Dr. Annette Bosworth, she has talked about iron, and that it takes a very long time to raise it by eating. But it can be done. Eating liver on a very regular basis can help a bit more quickly. Carnivore isn’t for everyone, obviously. I just don’t think it should dismissed out of hand ‘in case.’ Try it, observe, monitor.

(mole person) #104

Yah, it totally sucks but I think coffee, especially with cream, is terrible for my pain and bloating as well. :persevere:

(Robert C) #105

Nope - should not be dismissed - might be very effective.

But - at this point, “observe, monitor” maybe should include regular extensive bloodwork (where I feel like regular keto - much less so as its effects are much better known).

Dr. Boz is on point and generally fun to watch!

(Crow T. Robot) #106

None of this is true, except that cats are carnivores. Sorry.

Humans are omnivores, but our digestive systems are much closer to a wolf than a gorilla.

(Crow T. Robot) #107

That’s your opinion. Please state it as such.

There are plenty of people who have been carnivore, or mostly so, for years and are thriving. I think you’ve had your say, there’s no reason to keep repeating it.

(Robert C) #108

Will do!

(Chris) #109

Monkeys also didn’t evolve fire, knives and forks.

(Kiranjeet Bhabra) #110

I had stomach pain for few days while on keto diet i tink it was day 3 to 5

Plants are very dense in nutrients and have powerful anti-oxidants positivily effecting whole body, enzymes that combat toxins in liver, berries that reduce inflammations and repair cellural damage, herbs with specific effects in specific places in the body. Anytime someones sick or somethings wrong u dont stuff their mouths with beef, u turn to plants, be it from herbalist or pharmacy.

Fresh and whole foods are easily best, be it fresh meat from the butcher or veggies from the market, both are by far most healthy, meats have way better amino acid profiles than plants have, some aminos cant even be found on plants. They are also very dense in vitamins and minerals.

But to say whats best for us as humans and our health? My opinion is that both are very good, but plants are more useful and have more use for health issues and therefore more useful for our cells.

(Chris) #112

Plants are dense in nutrients that humans have a hard time absorbing. Plant-based foods are generally the foods that cause the most oxidative stress, so it’s no surprise you’d need some antioxidants if you eat a plant-heavy diet. Anytime someone is sick, feed them bone broth or fast them, there’s nothing in the plant world worth bothering with unless you like tea.

(bulkbiker) #113

(Omar) #114

(Omar) #115

It is really comforting to find some one who understand me which is difficult to find when it comes to coffee

(Chris) #117

You’ve done a fantastic job ignoring what I’ve said and putting words in my mouth.

Just arm wrestle

(Chris) #120

This is definitely supportive of OP’s concerns. Thanks so very much for your many valuable contributions.

OP mentioned she was raw vegan for a while and has not been a fan of meat. Depending how long she was plant-based, that could definitely result in stomach pains once re-introducing meat. My coworkers been a vegetarian for decades and I witnessed first hand what happened to him when he ate soup that had beef broth as the base - instant gut pain.

It might be a rough transition, is all.

Everyone has an opinion what’s best and thats totally ok I think research shows both diets are beneficial but even then one could argue that too, I think everyone is just sharing what they think is best because of their own research and personal expierences but we got way off topic here I just want to know when I’m gonna poop because one guy told me he has pooped twice in 20 days on carnivore…now is that normal on Keto ? Hahaha . I was reading you only poop waste products and on carnivore there are hardly any because your body uses up the meat? How often are you Keto people pooping ? Are you pooping on a regular basis? This pooping twice a month idea scares me slightly haha

(Heather Meyer) #123

who is this guy?

I don’t know but it’s looks like dr mercola, you’re referring to his pic right?