Feels like I’m dying after four days trying carnivore

(Robert C) #42

In sweet tea!
WOW - they should be posting in our “Fell off the horse” section!

Yo I appreciate very much everyone’s help but I’m doing carnivore so end of story. I went into ketosis in 24 hours on carnivore and have been in ketosis every single day so far for my now total of 5 days or so uh yea I’m not gonna debate it…ok the issues I’m having is bc I’ve gone from high carb to carnivore I’m having like uh major side effects vs coming from keto to carnivore …now I am having another symptom …STOMACH PAIN. Now everything I read said when your in ketosis this is normal…so like I’m wondering is this normal cuz I feel like I been punched in the gut today? Is it the same solution again water , salt, more fat? I’m hurting lol

Professor what’s the answer ?
Oh and this is not ibs pain trust me I have had ibs my whole life this is a totally different kind of stomach pain

(Omar) #45

I read once that when you become carnivore your gut microbiome change very quickly . like in 2 days.

which is OK as long as you stay in carnivore.

But If you try to eat vigitables you will have some digestion problems until your microbiome recover again.

(Robert C) #47

I am not a doctor or medical professional.

Also, I have not heard stomach pain is an issue with keto flu.

List linked below from a reputable source - includes nausea but not pain.

I am not picking on Carnivore - I just want to ensure it is not viewed by newbies as, in any way, being on an equal footing with regular keto or fasting.

Fasting - thousands of years
Regular keto - from early 1900’s with people knowing “white food” is fattening for much longer
Carnivore - new, an experimental with only a few longer-than-a-decade n=1’s but most individuals are sub-one year

Well something is changing cuz my stomach is killing me today I read it’s normal but I need to make sure cuz I don’t want to like end up dead or anything lol

(Robert C) #49

Also, are you doing nose-to-tail Carnivore or just steaks?
I think that I usually hear people in the health-and-wellness community recommend nose-to-tail if going with Carnivore long term.

https://perfectketo.com/why-ketones-cause-stomach-pain/

This site says it does cause stomach pain …I’m playing with you I know your not a doctor . Now I’m mainly curious if anyone else had stomach pain? However if I’m doing something wrong like not staying hydrated enough I would like to know if anyone knows because last symptoms I had everyone suggested salt and water and I drank a bunch and felt so much better

(bulkbiker) #51

Disagree with you here…
Eating mainly meat has been mankind’s staple diet for millennia pre agriculture surely?.. especially in winter. As we know there is no dietary requirement for carbohydrate or fibre why would eating only meat be problematic?
I agree I eat offal as well as muscle but to claim you aren’t “picking” on carnivore is a little disingenuous when you obviously are…?

(Robert C) #52

I wrote reputable site - this is a supplement sales site with an n=1 on stomach pain.
He is selling exogenous ketones and suggesting hydration is helpful.

Well I’ll be honest I seriously hate meat …I use to be raw vegan but upon my health and wellness journey discovered I probably should be eating meat so I stopped that and went back to a regular decently healthy carb diet but all my ibs symptoms came back…I got a lot of them under control with massive amounts of chia seeds and peppermint oil but I could never tackle the bloating so I’m hoping carnivore will help me figure out some trigger foods. I am eating tuna, ground beef, bacon, steak, I have not ventured into the organ meats yet I do plan on chicken liver here soon.

Oh my bad haha…yea probably should have read further down

(bulkbiker) #55

I certainly wouldn’t advocate taking exogenous ketones either…unless you want expensive pee…
His main recommendation is drink more water and have some salt which I guess you are doing? If not…

That’s what I’m saying high five

Yea I am but I’m thinking maybe I need to increase my water in take again, I thought maybe some other people might have had stomach pain early on in ketosis but seems like not

(bulkbiker) #58

Worth a try…

(Omar) #59

I tried carnivore in 2 rounds

the first round I went almost free of any IBS issue it made wounders that I felt confident I am cured so I broke it and got my IBS flares back.

the second round the carnivore did not help but I am suspecting it maybe related to some nuts I could not resist eating and I am planning to have a third round just trying to reach a usefull conclusion.

With bacon only in ur diet ud get 65/35 macros that would b acceptable for ketosis. Not sure what type of beef ur having but it sounds like ur overall macros are under 60% for fats. Ud be feeling better and exercising harder with more fats on ur diet. (If u are on adapted keto state)

Ive tried eating loads of meat during longer keto periods myself and itll just make me feel real weird and id get tingles on my hands along with an headache. Basicly everything i get from tipping over with carbs.

Ur allowed to disagree with what ever u want, if what ur doing works for u thats great. How long have u been doing ur meat only diet overall ?

(Omar) #61

never had stomach pain related to being in ketosis or eating carnivore

try to increase your magnesium

(Robert C) #62

I am a 100% meat eater.
I do not think a meal is a meal without meat.

I am trying to ensure people reading here do not think that Carnivore is just as safe but more effective than regular keto.

They should know it is new and untested and generally undertaken in a non-ancestral way (usually only muscle meat).

It is a very big leap to say

to saying “eat only meat”. People with easy calories lying around in summer did not simply walk past and ignore them (my opinion, of course I was not there). So, we did not evolve on “meat only” and have no long term studies. I’m trying to get people to keep their eyes open.

If I wanted to attack Carnivore I’d do it a different way.