Feeling not so good

(Cassandra Higdon) #10

I wasn’t a huge fan of coconut butter. I can barely stomach eating coconut oil because I hate the texture- but I can eat it easier than the butter. Maybe it’s the brand I got?
We use the coconut oil from aldi- I love it. Lol

Oh stick with what you like. I really like coconut butter. I have got mine form the UK. It comes in little hard blocks that you soften in the microwave and then mix up well. It is hard over a certain temp like the oil. If you like coconut oil then stick with that - great. The other thing you could take with you would be nut butters if you fancy a change.

Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing. x

(Cassandra Higdon) #12

Nut butter as in almond butter/ peanut butter?

Yeah any nut butters you like. Almond and peanut are easy to get. You can also make your own with any nuts/seeds. Peanut butter is cheaper but make sure you get the stuff that is just peanuts and no added nasties. Some people don’t do well with peanuts and so avoid but it depends on you. I also like mixing peanut butter and coconut oil together - yum!

I have just made some little coconut butter sweets in moulds. I’ll take a pic when I turn them out tomorrow.

How are you getting on?

(Cassandra Higdon) #14

Holy crapola!!!

I just tried the peanut butter and coconut oil together thing… AMAZINGLY YUMMY!!! And the peanut butter texture evened out the coconut oil texture where it didn’t bother me!!! So delicious!! I appreciate you telling me about that so much thank you!!!

(matt ) #15

Just watch the carbs in the peanut butter…its soooo good that its easy to over-do…for me at least :slight_smile:

Coconut butter is also called Coconut Mana.

Good point and also where adding the fat helps - it effectively waters down the carb content per serving and really ups the satiety level too so you get a double whammy really re reducing carbs. How does PB compare to almond butter? I would say that it is significantly lower but I would have to check with Google! Try adding equal parts fat to nut butter @matt - I bet you will eat less. Coconut oil adds a bit of sweetness but I have also used butter or both.

Coconut butter (aka manna) is also listed often as creamed coconut. My little fat bombs turned out well…

This is a great tip/idea!

(Cassandra Higdon) #18

What all did you use for these?? They look amazing. I’m gonna go get some molds today so I can have some fat bombs :):slight_smile: do you keep them refridgerated??
Also I’ve only tried making fat bombs once- when we first started keto… They were nasty. Lol but I hadn’t gotten used to the taste of Stevia yet (my recipe called for sweetener and that’s what I had) and I don’t think I made it correctly.
I’ve been wanting to try them again but after the first time…:confused:
Also!!! I have a new ice cream maker I want to try making some keto ice cream… have you tried this? What’s a good recipe?(I’m looking to try a chocolate peanut butter kind I found. Only 5 net carbs per serving which isn’t too bad I thought…?

This was simply a homemade coconut butter mostly with a small amount of 85% chocolate on top. I toasted coconut flakes and then blitzed them to a sort of sticky sand. I added some coconut oil to moisten it up and put in moulds. I then melted some chocolate and put on top of coconut mix while it was still warm so they bonded. I keep them in the fridge but they would be fine (and slightly softer) at room temp. Obviously they would start going a bit too soft if the room temp is quite warm.

The coconut is sweet enough to not need sweetener.

You can mix peanut butter, melted chocolate and some cream cheese/cream or butter/coconut oil to make nice sweets. They might need some sweetener.

(Candy Lind) #20

Lots of recipes in the Food sub-forum!

This, please reach out.

I totally missed the ice cream bit. YES! I made loads of ice cream last summer. I have a couple of posts in the recipe section for ice cream. I am super lazy with stuff like that and impatient so can’t be bothered with the whole making custard thing first. I just throw it all together and in the ice cream machine so I can have ice cream in 30 minutes from thinking I want some! It is really easy (or certainly can be the way I make it!) and really delicious. I thought I had put a recipe up for one I made but I cannot find it - it was chocolate with salted caramel toasted pecans and it was every bit as good as it sounds! You could do the same with peanuts :smiley:

(Cassandra Higdon) #23

I don’t even know where the recipe section here is… I think somebody sent me a link but I couldn’t access it :frowning: yeah making the custard first has made me kinda procrastinate :laughing::laughing:

Use the search function - works really well. Or go to the main menu and Categories where you can see all the categories, including Recipes. Or just search for something specific like “ice cream”.

(Cassandra Higdon) #25

I found a recipe for ice cream on google - and its the type you just mix the ingredients and pop them into the icecream maker… no custard. The recipe i found calls for whole milk tho- I am assuming it is okay to use unsweetened Almond Milk instead?? Hopefully I can make that tonight!

My basic recipe is here…

I would use cream over almond milk for a tastier ice cream.

(Carmelo Signorello) #27

Hi there, at a Chinese restaurant I used to get steamed chick and brocolli. I guess you have to like it in order to want to eat it. It is not easy at all, but can’t beat the feeling. Good luck

(Cassandra Higdon) #28

I’m extremely picky about chicken… it seems there’s always a huge chunk of fat. I can eat fatty oils n things but just eating a chunk of fat makes me ---- well— it’s not good what happens when I get a chunk of fat lol!!! I do get steamed chicken broccoli from time to time but I end up barely eating any of the chicken :joy:

(Cassandra Higdon) #29

Thank you!!
I made some ice cream yesterday worth the recipe I found online and it was amazing!!!