February Zorn Fast 2018

We will all be helping one another. You can handle it. Have confidence. And if some reason you don’t finish the whole fast this time (but you will) there is always next time.

My fast will overlap this one a little: 2/13 - 2/16.

(bren.mannin) #64

I am in. Haven’t extended fast since October. Had my dinner last night. Still full. :heart:

(Bea ) #65

Here it s Feb the 15th today so started from so far 8 hrs. :slight_smile: it s my first EF by the way. I m sick & tired of not loosing weight while on Keto cos of my high fasting insulin so this s my only way out. :frowning:

(Rob) #66

Frank, if you haven’t already, you need to raise this question outside of the Zorn Fast thread so that more people will see it and pay attention. It sounds like a tricky issue and an 11.2 BG is alarming if you’ve been LC/Keto for so long. The fact that your BG only got to 7 by fall 2017 after almost a year of keto also rings some alarm bells since most people go much lower must faster than it sounds you have experienced.

It could be that you are one of the very rare non-responders to keto but others may have other explanations that could help.

Unfortunately the doctor probably won’t be much help except to put you back on the meds (many people here are fans of metformin almost regardless of their T2 status) which might be a good idea in the short term. They typically don’t have time or skills to get to root causes when a pill will suffice.

Best of luck.

(Apple Valentine ) #67

My last meal was at 10pm last night. It’s 8am now and I am starting the day with black coffee (I prefer it with cream.) I’m really excited for the next few days, I’ve been a bit sluggish lately and I feel this fast is just what I needed. :blush: (who wants to eat in 35 degree heat anyway!)

(Candy Lind) #68

I’ve been curious about this as well. I wonder if it has to do with the digestability/metabolism of bone broth vs. HWC? Maybe it’s that, if you’re feeling bad, the protein will be processed more quickly to give you a boost? Complete guesses there. Maybe @Brenda can ask one of the experts.

(Jane Reed) #69

New to the Zornfast…I’ve done a few 24 hour fasts, frequent IF. I’ll commit to 36 hours. My last meal will be on the evening of Thursday, Feb. 15.

I’ve been doing keto for a year and 5 months. A little laziness plus something else has me in a stall. When I fast, even just 24 hours, it breaks something loose. I would be happy if I could drop just 10 more pounds. That would leave me a bit chunky but I can live with it.

(Mel Soule) #70

@Brenda Happy Valentines Day my favorite cruise captain. I am soooooooooo in for this February Zornfast cruise. Locked and loaded and ready to party on this cruise. See ya on board.

I’m in. I just had dinner with a friend, and I have dinner plans Saturday night. So I will fast from now till then. I’ll add fat to my coffee, but that’s it. Whee!

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #72

I actually started my fast on Saturday Evening. I’m about 95 hours in right now. My goal is to make this the longest fast I’ve done. Good fasting all!
KCFO

(Colleen) #73

I was full after lunch and never ate dinner. So here we go. I was not planning on a fast, so lets see how this goes. I’ve not been able to fast since starting this new job. Stress=hunger.

(mary6aros) #74

Thanks, I surely appreciate it!

(TJ Borden) #75

Alright, 1 hour in and feeing good :grin:

(Rhonda) #76

I’m in. Looking forward to the experience.

(Rick) #77

And I’m rollin’

Started at 6 pm today.

(corinna) #79

Started my timer, in for the full run. This is my first group fast. I’m just getting back to keto after a couple of rough years. Though, in the 4 months I first tried it I lost 35 lbs and got my A1C from 10 down to 6.7
I really want to prove my doctor wrong and beat this “disease”! He loves to prescribe, I say no a lot!

(Karen) #80

Great work all! Starting late. Will start 6-8pm tomorrow. Ash Wed. Lots of discussion on fasting and the many reasons to do so. Matt 6:16-18
Was the verse at service tonight. Best wishes and support for your fast tomorrow

K

(Darlea Marneedi) #81

I have read a lot about the Zorn fast since I started keto in Oct. 2017. I have been doing IF of 18/4 minimum for a couple months and I did one EF of 90 hours so it’s time to join the party this month.
I already started at 3pm.