February Zorn Fast 2018

(Liz ) #585

Yeah me too, same issue at the beginning of Keto. Interesting! Well you’ve given me hope I may yet adjust. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

(TJ Borden) #586

So after breaking on Sunday (after 91 hours), I also had a meal Monday evening and now am coming up to 48 hours of round 2. I lost about 10lbs on the first round and by Monday night, 5 was back on. I expected that based on previous fasts, but what surprised me is that same 5 came right back off by last night and now the loss is continuing.

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #587

Most likely it’s your water weight going up and down.

(Stephanie Sablich) #588

Oh, interesting! I need to learn more about salt.

I made it to my 108 hours :slight_smile:

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #589

Excellent job!

(TJ Borden) #590

That’s what I figured. I was just surprised that it dropped back down so quickly. After being stalled for a month or so, I’m kind of hooked on EF now. I wasn’t worried because there have still been plenty of NSV, but it’s sure nice seeing the scale move again.

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #591

Yeah I was pretty much stalled for two months before the start of February. 20 days of fasting should certainly help.

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #592

I’m just shy of 260 hours. I’m thinking I’ll break my fast Friday evening.

(TJ Borden) #593

Wow… that’s incredible

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #594

287 hours in. I’m planning on breaking my fast tomorrow (Friday) night. Should be over 300 hours total.

(Rob) #595

Now you’re just showing off… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Mike Glasbrener) #596

That’s crazy long! Be careful on refeed!

(TJ Borden) #597

I just broke round two. So 91 hours followed by OMAD for Monday and Tuesday, then followed by a 72 hour. So total, about HALF of @jdsomsky’s total :open_mouth:

Nice job John.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #598

No. Autophagy peaks at day 3. Longer fasts aren’t better and risk slowing metabolism.

(Lonnie Hedley) #599

Read somewhere it was 2 (I think), but planned on doing Wednesday night to Sunday morning for all future ZF’s, including the one last week. That gives me 3.5 days (84 hours give or take how long I sleep in Sunday morning), so I hit peak autophagy at least once a month.

I’m double dipping for Feb, planning 72 hours from Sunday to Wednesday night. I have an important meeting on Wednesday I really want to be mentally sharp for and I want to space this one out with the March Zorn Fast. Any recommendations on which and where to get some salt? What’s this about pink salt? Himilayian Salt? Can I just suck on sunflower seeds? Thanks!

(TJ Borden) #601

Amazon. That’s where I get my Redmond salt, Celtic salt, and specialty/flavored salts. The pink Himalayan salt is common enough it’s at most grocery stores now.
I get it at Costco in a big grinder.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #602

It has a few more minerals in it.
My personal favorite is flaked kosher salt because I can crush it between my fingers to “dust” my food. I keep it in a bamboo salt box.

Sodium is sodium. Find a salt you enjoy.

(Trish) #603

Excellent! Thank you. Is this why your fasts are the length they are then…Thurs through Sunday?

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #604

I just broke my fast at a little over 309 hours (12 days). My longest fast ever. It was a good experiment, but I think my sweet spot for extended fasts will be 4 to 7 day fasts.