February Zorn Fast 2018

(Liz ) #464

I don’t know, I do the same thing.

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #465

Woot!

(John Somsky aka KetoGrinder) #466

Great job!

Thank you… post saved!

Just have to say I never would have made it nearly as long as I did without you guys. THANK YOU!!

64 hours in. Have been drinking only water, but had some bone broth yesterday more for variety than anything else. Hunger pains are rare and no headache at all. I’m really overweight, so I guess it makes it easier. And I don’t forget my salt.

Felt a bit sad yesterday, but it was expected since I am, let’s say, a recovering emotional eater. Didn’t lose much weight yet, but it helps me to come to terms with the fact that I’m a slow weight loser now.

Really proud of myself anyway.
Still aiming for 96 hours.
Thank you, guys. :grinning:

Well done!

(Lonnie Hedley) #471

86.5 hours. Woke up feeling great, like I could go 86 more. Original plan was to go until Monday morning, but yesterday I decided to break the fast today. Since the goal is not weight loss, I’ll settle on some monthly autophagy boosts from Wednesday night to Sunday morning. I figured originally to lose about 5 lbs over 108ish hours. Total loss was 4.5 lbs from first weigh in at 11.5 hours of fast to last weigh in at 86.5 hours. I think my estimate of 5 lbs would have been spot on. Of course, since I think my body is more comfortable with those extra 5 lbs, I expect them to come back right away. I’m extremely lean, so if I can get those 5 lbs to come back in muscle I’ll be very happy with that.

Good luck everyone who is still going!

FYI, I’m ending my fast with 3 tbls HWC and 1/2 tbls MCT oil in my iced coffee, then a 3 egg 1 cheese stick frittata for lunch around 1pm, and a 0.86 lb ribeye with 2 tbls butter for dinner (total for the day will be 1808 calories, 95g protein, 156g fat, and about 6.5g carbs, 21%, 78%, 1% macros) if anyone is interested in seeing how I break a fast without overeating.

(Jackson ) #472

Btw after my fasting of 48 hrs I feel I can’t eat today the 2nd day after my fasting and I felt I’m tired so I decided to eat before the 16 hrs of fast then from the first bite I felt I’m full is it normal ? Maybe bcz my ketones are high ? Or because I’m still on fasting s effect ? I’m not sad I’m happpppy with this but just wondering

(TJ Borden) #473

I’m so conflicted. At 82 hours, so the 84 mark would be easy. Weighed in this morning and I’m at a new low (I’ve been plateaud for a while). I know if/when I break that some will go back on, so it’s tempting to keep going to try to get as low as I can do that it doesn’t bump all the way back up to my plateau level. I’m not in the least hungry, but the weekends are usually when I have time to play in the kitchen, and I also really want to make @carl’s fried chicken skin rolls, and I can feel the chicken skin in the freezer calling to me to let it out and give it a glorious end of life, nay… a purpose.

Hmm, so apparently I get philosophical at the 80 hour mark. I wonder at what mark I might finally start to understand biochemistry.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #474

That’s awesome. Philosophical chicken skin poetry. I myself want to make Carl’s chicken skin whatever the hell they were too.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #475

Hour 82.5. I haven’t been on here as much as I would have wanted to this fast. Eventually I will read all your comments because I enjoy doing that each fast. I hope I didn’t miss anyone’s questions.

I thought you’d find it interesting to know why I haven’t been able to come in here as often this month. I’m managing a group fast for the idmprogram.com … It happens to coincide with this Zornfast. Intensive Dietary Management (Dr. Jason Fung and Megan Ramos’ clinic) has a membership program now and one of the components is a organized group fast which I lead. This month we had nearly 700 participants. My responsibilities were to set up the parameters like I do here, and make a video for the website for each day of the fast wirh additional information, tips, and encouragement. There’s a support portion on the website where people can comment and I can reply, there’s also a private idmprogram support group setup for Members Only where I go in and answer questions throughout the day. This is our inaugural launch of the group fast program for IDM. The membership program is brand new. I’m happy to say it went really well with few setbacks. The goal was to create a supportive group fasting environment like you guys have created here. Many of the members have never fasted as a group and many have not fasted beyond 24 hours. They’re thrilled at how supported they feel fasting as a group. The members are supporting each other like you guys do here, and they’re really enjoying it.

Mission accomplished!

I really want to thank you guys for supporting each other so well in here. It’s allowed me to branch out and do other work in other places as well.

(Lonnie Hedley) #476

[quote=“Brenda, post:474, topic:31467”]
chicken skin poetry. I myself want to make Carl’s chicken skin
[/quote]

Please use the blur spoiler when talking about food. HAHAHA :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

(TJ Borden) #477

You’re amazing @brenda. The amount of people you are helping is incredible. I know I can speak for more than myself when I say I can’t express my appreciation enough for the help and advice you provide, and you never need to apologize for taking time to earn a living, especially when that living is saving even more lives.

(Jane Reed) #478

About 12 hours following the end of 2 hearty meals (on the day I ended my short fast) the scale shows a difference of one pound less than when I started.

I’m satisfied with that. It is reasonable considering I fasted only 41 hours.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #479

Oh my God you just discovered that I’m human. Lol!
I’ll go blur that, thanks for pointing it out.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #480

I really wish there was a middle finger I could blur for you, I would have sent you one @hedleylo Lol

MIDDLE FINGER

(Lonnie Hedley) #481

:fu:

iOS FTW!!!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #482

COOOOOL

:fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:

(Lonnie Hedley) #483

In all seriousness, thanks for everything you do for the community!!! Congrats on all your keto successes, just want you to know you’re appreciated.